[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guenon or Evola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: guenon-evola.jpg (27KB, 544x305px) Image search: [Google]
guenon-evola.jpg
27KB, 544x305px
both are considered Gods among Traditionalists

who should i study first?
>>
>>2222872
is that lad on the left a proto hominid?
>>
>>2222872
Guenon then Evola. I'd reccomend reading some of the vedas before Guenon though, particularly the Baghavad Gita and the Upinishads because he makes a lot of reference to Hindi scripture in his theories.
>>
>>2222944
is Guenon even a traditionalist, in the sense that Evola is a traditionalist?
>>
>>2222872
Evola focus on a broader range of subjects. Politics, history, metaphysics, sociology. Also understand Evola's views evolved from his earliest work (pagan imperialism) so you need to understand the chronology of when he writes what. Guenon is more focused on perennial tradition/metaphysics. So it really depends on what your interested in.
>>
>>2223007
plus I don't really think Guenon was a traditionalist..... I don't think many in the traditionalist community consider him to be canon?
>>
>>2223093
He was part of the perennial traditionalist school.
>>
>>2222944
*Hindu scripture. Hindi is a language
>>
Well, considering that Guenon ideas influenced Evola's, I say start with Guenon. I particularly recommend "Symbols of Sacred Science" and "The Reign of Quantity and the Signs of the Times" (this last one is particularly illuminating for our present times)
>>
wasn't Guenon anti-western, self hating westerner?

he always talked about Arabic and India societies more
>>
>>2224250
>Liking foreign things make you anti-Western
He wasn't. If anything Evola was more anti-Western than guenon was (at least in his early and mid-period when he hated Christianity).
>>
People actually take traditionalism seriously?
>>
>>2225312
pshhh dis nigga. Traditionalist thought vaporizes plebs on contact
>>
>>2222872
De Maistre.
>>
people take Julius Evola seriously?
>>
>It was Evola's custom to walk around the city during bombing raids in order to better 'ponder his destiny'. During one such raid, in March or April 1945, a shell fragment damaged his spinal cord and he became paralyzed from the waist down, remaining so for the remainder of his life.

Is this what he meant by riding the tiger?
>>
>>2225482
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>2225482
He wrote riding tiger decades after that happened.
>>
File: evola.jpg (67KB, 680x550px) Image search: [Google]
evola.jpg
67KB, 680x550px
>>2222872
enjoy being the SJW version of a right winger
>>
>>2222968
not really so much as he is a religious thinker
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.