[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why western society today is so obsessed with fit? I mean, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why western society today is so obsessed with fit? I mean, it always was. But now what is it with all the forced "motivational" bullshit that is always connected with lifting and training?
Another question is: What is the obssesion with hand to hand combat like mma? Why people want to do that shit? It's like a new trend of what?
I'm not a nolstalgic or a /pol/ack ready to call every one degenerate, but how we got from John Wayne the strong silent type to the archetype of a juicehead? The strengt of John wayne was in his character and in his morals, now it's more a superficial thing. What happened?
>inb4 /fit/
>inb4 Muh true 'merican
As much as I love John Wayne the archetype of a man like him causes even more damage than the juicehead imho. But that's another statement for another post
>>
On MMA, people have always loved fighting. Wrestling and boxing are as old as it gets and exist in every culture, violence is ingrained into us.
>>
The 'juice head' style of macsulinty fill the void left by john Wayne types left when it died out in the 60 and the huge cultural shift it brought. All the image foucued staff has been steadily trickling it ever since then really, along with the mores senstive 'new man', and metrosexulals.
>>
>>2222211
The simple answer is that in John Wayne's era the average man probably HAD to be physically fit from manual labor or sporting, while the modern sedentary lifestyle doesn't require that sort of thing at all, and can net you a cushy 6-figure lifestyle with a pencil-neck physique. The widespread understanding of anabolic steroids combines with this effect to create
mens fitness magazines" and other media to fill the niche. Now, you too can feel like like a rugged manly-man while working at a call centre.

MMA I don't think is totally related, boxing and blood-sport has always been popular. Better filming and broadcasting techniques just make it more exciting to watch, and easier to market. Marketing is everything my dude.
>>
>>2222211
Spiritual/cultural vacuum. The typical male role as a provider is dead (on an individual scale) hence people look for alternatives. Exercising and eating healthy have also become status symbols in general.
>>
>>2222211
Because Whites are most beautful race God created.
>>
>>2222211
>Ethan Edwards
>Having any character or morals

You've never seen the Searchers
>>
Because exercise makes you more motivated and energetic, and therefor, often more ambitious. It keeps you healthy and prolongs your body's functions.

John Wayne was a decadent degenerate. He smoke like 6 packs of cigs a day and had a baseball size tumor in his lung.

You can be a non-loud mouth faggot and fit. John Wayne's tough guy persona was only pushed by Hollywood once he became famous and by subsequent Conservatives to get a tough-guy anti-commie poster child on their side, and not on any feats or shit he did. In the next generation--once all the silent generation who pushed him and the section of nostalgic Conservative baby-boomers die off or become cognitively impaired by age, the resuming generation of Conservatives will forget about John Wayne as the paragon of toughness and look up to Conservative stars like Ahnald--who was not only bad-ass in demeanor and actions in his movies, but fuking stacked like a Olympic God. John Wayne is dead.
>>
>>2223653
>Motivated, energetic, ambitious

Some of the worst people I know exercise but it doesn't do anything for them since they are stuck in an apathetic state. Complete lack of any ambition.
>>
>>2222211
>Wanting to be a fat fuck all your life
>>
File: archie.png (481KB, 599x785px) Image search: [Google]
archie.png
481KB, 599x785px
>>2222211
Reminder that John Wayne was a role model for people completely unlike him.
>>
>>2222410
Nigga that's like my favorite movie ever. But it's not indicative of every other john wayne role.
>Let's go home debbie
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.