[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hero or traitor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: marechal-philippe-petain.jpg (10KB, 288x414px) Image search: [Google]
marechal-philippe-petain.jpg
10KB, 288x414px
Hero or traitor?
>>
>>2222008
Neither.
>>
>>2222008

Uhm, hero to his French people who wanted to continue living their cozy life instead of possibly dying?
>>
>>2222008
WW1 : hero
WW2 : traitor
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
WWI: Hero
WWII: HERO
>>
>>2222008
I'm going to follow Zemmour here and call him a hero.
>B-But muh Jews
He facilitated the deportation of foreign Jews while taking French Jews into protection. There's a reason why France has the largest Jewish community in Europe and the third largest in the world, because Vichy-Jews had it relatively good (by Axis standards).
>xDD But le surrender monkey lololol
He was given supreme command of the nation when defeat was already inevitable. I'd say he was much more of a man than Hitler precisely because he surrendered. It takes a man to realize when victory is impossible, to swallow his pride and throw the towel in the ring. Only a sniveling coward would send children to fight a cruel and brutal enemy when it only serves to delay the inevitable and ramp up the bodycount.

Those who ridicule Pétain (or the French in general) for putting down arms implicitly agree with Hitler's Downfall policies.
>>
>>2222008
He was a pragmatic hero.
>>
>>2222008
He did nothing wrong.
>>
trash coward
>>
>>2222155
>Zemmour
Totally irrelevant for the thread, but I find funny that the most well know french /pol/tard is a jew with algerian origin
>>
>>2222396
Meh, goes to show you that #NotAllJews.
A lot of Jews are actually pro-FN in France. Because a very certain group of people really hates Jews in France, and I'm not talking about the Alsatians.
https://medium.com/@b_judah/islam-and-the-french-republic-from-the-banlieus-to-le-pen-land-92d8a1fbf0e0#.bpw65xtb1
>>
hero
>>
>>2222008
Hero at first, then turned into a good guy trying to save his people, but no longer a hero.

But what about pic related?
>>
>>2223512
failure.
>>
>>2223512
According to based Varg:
>They [the Norwegian government] ran like chickens, leaving Norway, with absolutely NO authorities, and when Vidkun Quisling tried to bring order back, he was thanked with a bullet in his heart after the war.
>>
>>2222008
Hero. There was no reason to continue to fight as it was lost from the beginning.
>>
>>2222155
This. He risked his honor for the nation.
>>
>>2222008
both
>>
Vichy france was just france post armistice until the UK invaded and changed history. Petain didn't single handely demand the surrender
>>
>>2222008
Both.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.