[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about colonialism. >Colonialism is the establishment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Colonisation_1660.png (39KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
Colonisation_1660.png
39KB, 1425x625px
Let's talk about colonialism.

>Colonialism is the establishment of a colony in one territory by a political power from another territory, and the subsequent maintenance, expansion, and exploitation of that colony.

Were the Portuguese the best explorers out there? Even better than the English? You could argue that the Portuguese had the advantage in ship building and ship knowledge due too one Prince Henry and his famous school. But still They discovered the coast of Africa, came to India, Brasil, they even discovered Greenland and Newfoundland.After a while, after they had a few colonies, they stopped. Was that due to the fact that they came under Spain? That didn't stop Holland. But sure they had money for an army and for exploration, but so did Portugal or am I wrong? One would assume that even though they were under Philip II and his appointed advisers they would still have the opportunity to start new colonies.
>>
Also I found it funny that Holland after the 2nd war with England, had to swap New Amsterdam for the space that is today Suriname. And then the Dutch couldn't expand there because of Spain and Portugal. Talk about being cucked. Take that you Calvinistic pigs
>>
>>2221560
Everyone's better than the English, all they did was steal a bunch of maps and sail around the world.
>>
>>2221560
>Even better than the English?
The English weren't the best explorers.The Porrtuguese were the best, followed by the Spanish and the Dutch.Also
>1660
>United kingdom
>>
>>2221570
Brazil wouldve been less shit had we stayed
>>
>>2221794
That sure is the case with Suriname, South Africa and Indonesia, right?
Oh wait.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.