[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about Zhongguo guomindang?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: zggmd.jpg (25KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
zggmd.jpg
25KB, 195x195px
I personally think that they had potential in promoting democracy in Asia, not this one party communist meme. What if they had less corruption in their party in the beginning of the century? China WOULD be the smartest nation in the world, it'd be the USA on steroids. Thoughts?
>>
>>2220353
红药
>>
>>2220367
ok pls translate
Are you from taiwan?
>>
>>2220390
No, I'm not Taiwanese. I typed "Red pill" in Chinese. As in the 中国国民党 (Excuse my filthy Communist characters) is redpilled.
>>
>>2220353
>I personally think that they had potential in promoting democracy in Asia, not this one party communist meme.

Why? They were honestly closer to Mussolini's fascism than any notion of democracy, at least during Chiang's rule.

>What if they had less corruption in their party in the beginning of the century?

I'm not sure corruption was their biggest problem. It was bad and endemic, to be sure, but they never really grew from anything more than a warlord party extorting tribute on a roving basis. Without some theory of legitimacy, or ability to staff all of China with their own people instead of acting like a high king to vassal kings, they never really had a chance.

> China WOULD be the smartest nation in the world, it'd be the USA on steroids

A unified, non communist China COULD be the world's superpower. Or it could have fallen apart due to different governmental mistakes than the ones the Communists made.
>>
>>2220408
Oh, alright. Thanks.
So the blues are red pilled?
Thanks son
It's okay, the commie characters are excusable.
>>2220417
I agree with this response, thank you anonymous. I just think that since the Republic of China has multiple parties today, this may have followed a similar path. But thank you for this input.
>>
>>2220353

>I personally think that they had potential in promoting democracy in Asia

Given that they turned into a dictatorship after the end of the civil war, I'd say that's a bit far-fetched.
>>
>>2220428
>>2220448
The only reasons they're so ""democratic"" now is because they're small and easy to influence, and because they had to differentiate themselves from the big bad commies as much as possible to retain legitimacy and US support.
>>
>>2220353
They need to pay off all those bonds they sold "to fight the Japanese".
>>
>>2220428
>>2220448
Taiwan is formed of 20 million Hokkien Chinese that reject their identity, funded by the United States, and guaranteed protection by the United States.

China has 1.4 billion people, hundreds of ethnicities, and no foreign help/influence.

The what-ifs are immense.
>>
>>2220650
>Taiwan is formed of 20 million Hokkien Chinese that reject their identity

It's not "their" identity if they've never considered themselves Chinese sempai
>>
>>2221468
It's the same with Tibet isn't it? Rejecting the Chinese identity and all
>>
The Kuomintang administration was corrupt, ludicrously so. Like, even worse than 1920s USA age of robber barons corruption. Part of why the CCP was more popular was because of the KMT's reputation as a peasant crushing corrupt government.

US advisors dislike of the KMT is why the narrative for so long was that the KMT was more interested in fighting the CCP than the IJA while the CCP fought the Japanese, when these days we believe that the KMT bore the brunt of the fighting with Japan while the CCP barely did anything.
>>
>>2221468
They consider themselves ethnically and culturally Chinese but not affiliated with the government of the Mainland. Similar to other satellites and diaspora Chinese communities e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore
>>
>>2220353
KMT in China would have been a one party nationalist meme, just maybe with no stupid Great Leap Forward and no retarded Cultural Revolution.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.