[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the Ancient Greeks look like /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 39

File: 1478359562533.jpg (13KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
1478359562533.jpg
13KB, 220x330px
How did the Ancient Greeks look like /his/?
>>
coal black negros
>>
>>2217521
Forgot to turn the trips on, eh, Watermelonwarrior.
>>
>>2217520
>black eyebrows
His hair is clearly dyed.
>>
http://www.unz.com/article/what-race-were-the-greeks-and-romans/
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (34KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
34KB, 350x450px
>>2217527
Retard: the post.
>>
>>2217533
Her hair is dyed too you autist
>>
>>2217528
Tl;dr?
>>
Proud white Germans, obviously.
>>
Why do Anglo-saxons and scandinavians think they can claim greek and roman achievements?
>>
>>2217536
No it isn't you dummy. Many natural blonde people have shades. I'm sorry you don't live around any blonde people in your guetto.
>>
>>2217550
kek she has black roots clearly it is dyed
>>
>>2217556
Again, when you get out of your guetto to rob a store try to pay attention to the diversity of shades in blonde people. My gf has exactly the same kind of hair as she does.
>>
>>2217520
I have the exact same profile and I'm Med
>>
>>2217566
Your gf dyes her hair
>>
>>2217520

why not? what did you expect? Greeks don't even claim to be descended from ancient greeks, they actually teach kids in school that they're not. Historically speaking they were romans who started calling themselves greeks. And of course no matter how much mental gymnastics you do they have turkish and other middle eastern genes now
>>
File: hegg.jpg (560KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
hegg.jpg
560KB, 1600x2400px
>>2217566
>>
>>2217550
Her hair is clearly dyed you retard.
>>
>>2217527
>>2217533
>>2217536

eyebrows tend to be dark....I know people who are blond with black eye brows. I know for a fact they're natural

>>2217547

They don't. And I don't see how showing a blond statue (which is a fucking fact you can't deny) is claiming acheivments. If anything its "claiming" resemblance, but facts aren't exactly claims.

All europeans inherited greek culture, to answer your original question. But you knew that already, you just used hyperbole to paint a picture of reality that tickles your pet peeves
>>
>>2217556

the reason why you leave the roots dark is that natura blondes have darker roots and the shading is layered...darker underneath. Hence you want your hair to look natural blond keep it darker underneath
>>
>>2217533
this girl has dyed hair
>>
>>2217612
That is true however the shading is more subtle, underneath it is brown to light brown. The sources provided show black underneath. From this data we can extrapolate the hair is clearly dyed
>>
File: oliver.jpg (33KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
oliver.jpg
33KB, 300x400px
>>2217612
This is how a blonde looks like
>>
>>2217663

he looks like an albino aboriginal...to be honest I see blond people all the time and I've never seen anyone who looks like him. If you're claiming all blonds have those features well I can prove you wrong in seconds dude...
>>
>>2217589
Nope.
>>
>>2217633

yes, there isn't a blond chick who doesn't lighten her hair. Thats what it looks like to me. The roots are very dark though, but thats probably contrast to the clearly dyed hair on the surface
>>
>>2217679
>he looks like an albino aboriginal.
you are dumb
>>
>>2217680
I dye it with my semen
>>
File: another blonde.jpg (48KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
another blonde.jpg
48KB, 590x350px
>>2217679
He is a german goalkeeper
>>
File: one more blonde.jpg (82KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
one more blonde.jpg
82KB, 500x333px
>>2217713
>>
Initial invasion phase Mycenean conquerors had to look "Nordic" aka Indo-European.
You can't argue otherwise without being a complete fucking moron. They came from the north.
But they most likely blended into the mass of Pelasgians who were obviously similar to Turkish people so Mediterraneans can just calm down and accept that Greeks had mixed origins without going on an autistic denialist frenzy about it.
>>
>>2217728
>>2217713
>>2217663
Dyed hair clearly.

They need to have dark roots for them to be blonde
>>
>>2217741
>They came from the north.
They didn't come from that far north. The Balkans is hardly Scandinavia.
>>
File: Mycenaeanmalecharioteer-Pylos.jpg (65KB, 582x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mycenaeanmalecharioteer-Pylos.jpg
65KB, 582x480px
>>2217741
>Initial invasion phase Mycenean conquerors had to look "Nordic"

Lol
>>
>>2217741
>we waz greekz n shit
Germanic barbarians are delusional.
>>
>>2217760

They came from Ukraine along the coast. Influence of the steppe is strong in their material culture.

>>2217770

They didn't replace the people of Greece just made themselves the kings of the places.
>>
>>2217712
>nigger resorting to muh dick
Like pottery.
>>
>>2217782
dude we have reconstructions, paintings, genetic evidence that goes against your theory
>>
>>2217782
Even if they came that area, the people there are racially Alpine, not Nordic.
>>
>>2217782
They came from the Danube, not Ucraine
>>
>>2217728

that is one german looking german, every detail spot on
>>
>>2217804

>reconstructions, paintings, genetic evidence

Uhh no, we have none of those.
Indo-European languages were always spread by people and these people were at the very least what we might call "Non-Mediterranean White".
I already acknowledged the Pelasgian presence in Greece was strong as they were subjugated and absorbed into the Mycenean society where they may appear in paintings.
>>
>>2217819
He is Finnish though.
>>
>>2217771

mycaneans were not german..pretty sure they count as barbarians though.
>>
>>2217827
>into the Mycenean society where they may appear in paintings.

In every single Mycenean painting the men have dark hair and tan skin and the woman have dark hair and white skin
>>
>>2217819

yeh on second thoughts hes a bit too pretty to be german i just though it was because hes young. But guy above him has the more hardened, chiseled, big nose german look
>>
>>2217827
yeah we do, people have posted them on this board
There is no trace of anything that would support your hypothesis. Literally 0.

There;s more evidence Egypt was black, that's how weak you are.

There is no place for debate here.
>>
File: hunting-mycenaean-dagger.jpg (166KB, 680x232px) Image search: [Google]
hunting-mycenaean-dagger.jpg
166KB, 680x232px
>>2217842
Here they have yellow skins. Proving they were Asians.
>>
File: Greek model Alex Kavvadias 3.jpg (41KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
Greek model Alex Kavvadias 3.jpg
41KB, 491x491px
>>2217520
Quite a few Greeks are and were blonde. Julius Caesar was blonde. You can be a genetic blonde without being Nordic.
>>
>>2217810

you can't just apply one broad phenotype classifcation to a whole countey...and whateer ukrainians are its certainly not alpine. + alpines can be blond too. Really makes you think...
>>
>>2217850

Rational people have every reason to think that, at the very least, people who looked considerably more like standard white people than the Pelasgians did brought Indo-European languages to Greece.
You however are not a rational person and don't understand much about the subject.
>>
>>2217859
The light color alleles are everywhere that's true.

Rest of the genome(the more important part of it) was not Nordic though. It was just Greek.
>>
>>2217871
>standard white people
t. retard.
>>
>>2217859
^this!

Why can't people understand this sumple concept?

You can be blonde and still be Mediterranean!
>>
>>2217874

Meaning people who don't look like Ray Romano or Recip Erdogan.
>>
You wouldnt undertand.
>>
>>2217878

Ray Romano is like the quintessential white dude..thats the point of his character. Maybe not by looks but I've never thought of him as looking anything other then white
>>
>>2217862
>>
>>2217878
What country do you live in? I'd imagine the standard White person in Italy looks different from the standard White person in America.
>>
>>2217890
Hey buddy, nice map and all, but what's the point of posting anything on human genealogy before genetics became an actual science?
>>
>>2217896
To observe physical phenotypes.
>>
>>2217859
>>2217872
>>2217876

Greeks ARE nordic though, just not by ancestry or geography. Phenotypically there aren't enough differences between mediterranean and nordid (stereotypical nordic phenotype, think nazi posters) two classify them as two different types. Nords have stronger chins, broader noses, wider or stronger/more robust jaw.

Nords are depigmented Mediterraneans. As for the curly blond greek guy he's Nordic on all counts, pigmentation and phenotype. Just not ancestry/nationality/geography
>>
>>2217890

very out dated, too typological, and not even accurate for its time. See current day physical anthropology forums for more accurate, nuanced typology of different nationalties. Ukranians I think tend to be dinaric or baltic, latter is depigmented alpine
>>
>>2217901
>Nords have stronger chins, broader noses, wider or stronger/more robust jaw.
And Meds have way bigger noses. Why isn't this enough to classify them as different?
>>
>>2217901
To me you're no different than the meme "we waz kings n shit". The white version of it.
>>
>>2217890
>generalized

you don't say. That much of russia alpine? armenia alpine? I suspect that map is using a unique definition of alpine
>>
>>2217901
>he's Nordic on all counts, pigmentation and phenotype. Just not ancestry/nationality/geography
Retard, there's 20000 thousand genes responsible for proteins in your body, about 10 have to do with pigmentation(eye, hair, skin) and the only type of phenotype you've ever considered.

Just shows you have no idea what you are talking about and know 0 about human genetics.

The rest of the genome(the more important part) is indistinguishable from a Greek.
>>
>>2217537
Mediterranean not nordic snow nigger
>>
>>2217910

Nords have big noses, remember were talking about phenotype, so even though many scnadinavians have round tipped short noses, the nordid phenotype as its defined, is big noses. Again, think the nazi posters or cherry picked ropaganda photos of nazi soldiers.

Its not enough to make two real classifications because theyre near exactly the same apart from some tweaks. Skull shape and overall frame and structure of the face is identical. And when i say depigmented meds i mean they are literally desccended from meds who may originally have been depigmented anyway
>>
>>2217900
The fact that "Mediterraneans" includes everything from Greeks to Semites to North Africans makes that statement ridiculous.
>Wales
>Mediterranean
>>
>>2217913

to me your not able to think for yourself without memes, read or even use your fucking eyes. Look with your fucking monobrowed eyes at nords and mediterraneans. Read with your beady black eyes that i didnt fucking say they are descended from nords. NOT NORDIC GEOGRAPHICALLY OR BY DESCENT, FUCKING PHENOTYPE, LOOK WITH YOUR FUCKING EYES AT THEM.

This is not my opinion its the observation and record of anthropologists like coon
>>
>>2217943
>nordic phenotype
A Greek with blue eyes and blond hair is much much less Nordic than a German with brown hair and eyes.

Has to do with basic genetics and probability.
>>
>>2217890
based etruscan lucca
>>
>>2217933

youve never seen a welsh person before obviouly...do u even know where it is on a map? let me guess your american, you grandmothers flatmates dog was welsh and you think your nordic or something ? "mostly of celto-germanic descent?" welsh people are barely white passing
>>
>>2217954

the entier fucking point of my post is nords are mediterraneans DEPIGMENTED, PHENOTYPE IS NOT PIGMENTATION. So yes you are correct. You can have black hair and black eyes, with just the right feautres (mediterranean but with the right tweaks) your phenotype is nordid. Its just that pigmentation tends to go with phenotype
>>
>>2217917

so what? ITS PHENOTYPE FUCKHEAD, AS IN THE WAY THE FUCKING FACE LOOKS, WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING DUMB IN THIS FUCKING THREAD
>>
>>2217976

>the entier fucking point of my post is nords are mediterraneans DEPIGMENTED

While to some PARTIAL extent this may have factual basis it ignores that there are also considerable genetic differences between Northern and Southern Europeans.
Northern Europeans are more on the Cro-Magnon side genewise, Southern Europeans are closer to Jews and Arabs.
>>
>>2217969
I'm sorry you posted a shit pseudo-scientific map fucktard.
>>
File: ancient-greek.jpg (43KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-greek.jpg
43KB, 337x450px
>>2217520
Like this.
>>
>>2217982
>>2217976
Phenotype is pigmentation when you talk about the tyrosinase gene.

Morons, IQ is a phenotype, you can't look at it though, not with the eyes anyway.

B blood group is a phenotype.

There's hundreds of thousands of phenotypes you can identify. Are you getting what I'm trying to say, illiterates?

Just because it takes different ways to look at it doesn't not make it a phenotype.

But I know you've learned a big word, lmao.
>>
>>2217987
Literally a migration continuum.
>>
The same as modern Greeks

This is the rule for 99% of the peoples of the ancient Old World

Modern Egyptians are the same people as Ancient Egyptians

Modern Greeks are the same people as Ancient Greeks

Modern Britons are the same people as Ancient Britons

There's usually some admixture within the 5-10% range but that means very little. They're by and large the same people.
>>
>>2217520
Stop the genetic bickering.
Forensics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtis
>>
File: 1483229556759.jpg (124KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483229556759.jpg
124KB, 800x1200px
>>2217520
That statue also has brown skin brown eyes and jet black eyebrows, so the hair is obviously dyed.
>>
>>2218005
If anything, Greeks are a little whiter due to slavs from up north.

And as genetics have shown us, slavs aren't nords.
>>
>>2218018
That's definitely not brown skin. Not that it's pale white either, but looks like slightly tanned white skin.
>>
File: Billy_Zane-1.jpg (172KB, 672x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Zane-1.jpg
172KB, 672x1074px
>>2217520
You can't figure it out from the country name?
>>
>>2218018

blond people have "brown" skin just like that, its only redheads, or darker haired celtic types, who have thate notebook paper complexion.

Eyebrows can be darker then hair and usually are.
>>
>>2217990

that wasnt me who posted it and i agree its a shit map. Clearly armenians aren't alpine, hes just used that as a catch all for all the caucaisans who aren't nordic or mediterraneans . And theres no dinarics on that map

>generalized

he's virtually admitting its inaccurate, it says its generalized at the top under the label
>>
>>2218009
ITT: People fight over painted busts while ignoring the only sourced relevant answer to OPs question.
>>2218009
>>
>>2217876
because they think real life is an RPG game where all nordics are blonde vikings and meds are swarthy manlets
>>
>>2218024
>>2218034
You're ignoring the fact that ancient people were very familiar with hair bleaching.
Diodorus:
"Their hair is blond, but not naturally so: they bleach it, to this day, artificially, washing it in lime"
That kind of hair color in the statue is the kind you get from bleaching, not a natural color.
>>
Golden and fair features were rare and thus glorified as "heavenly"
>>
>>2217987

and cro-magnons similar looking to meds, but once again. Once again: mediterranean phenotype =/= mediterranean geographically, ethnically, culturally, or for the large part even gentically. Since genes responsible for phenotype are very few. We're talking purely about appearance here and it doesn't match perfectly the genetic types. Welsh look dark/med af but I'm pretty sure that they cluster with other brits, and brits are different to meds genetically.

Its all to do with how you classify race, its not easy, and different classifications overlap. For instance, we could classify most of the different nationalities as different races, and that does hold up genetially and to the dictionary definition. Or, I could say that all nordids are a race, and that classification cuts across multiple nationalities obviously.

Basicaly as long as you are using common descent ie I share more common descent with other brits then with nigerians, and genetics / heritability for your definition of race, then its a definition that works.

I might say that all germanic people constitute a single race, I wouldn't be wrong. You might say all alpine people constitute a single race, wouldn't be wrong either.
>>
>>2218051

not always, theres people with light blond hair like that but i know what you mean, Certain hair colors and shades can only be artificial
>>
File: 1483942763547.png (24KB, 612x331px) Image search: [Google]
1483942763547.png
24KB, 612x331px
>>2218061
to add to that, all these races would pretty much have the same set of genes, just at different frequencies

this is the case with the few idenitifed IQ genes
>>
>>2218061
>>2218096

One more interesting point about classifying "races", its often noted that "negroid" isn't like one single race of people all sharing common descent, inheriting their appearance from the same ancestors. Instead, the different african peoples are all genetically speaking different races, but they've evovled the same phenotype.

We could still (imo) use a definition of race that classifies them all as one single race: we could say that they've all evolved under similar enough conditions, to have more ore less the same phenotype as one and other. And therefore constitute a race since their phenotypes are obvioulsy genetic and inherited.
>>
>>2217782
>>2217818
So Romanians are at the root of all European civilization? Interesting.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (74KB, 749x408px) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
74KB, 749x408px
>>2218144
They do look similar (sometimes), but you can tell where an African is from, quite often. Just by looking at them. Due to them being different originally or admixture.

Khoi San, Coloreds(san bantu mixture), Igbos, Black berbers, Somalians, Bantu, look different and if you are used to identifying such people you'll get it.

Just like you can very often identify a Russian from a Swede, if you are European anyway.

Looks are generally not that relevant, genome is where it's really at.

So one of the ways to classify races is to just pick a set of genes and then look at people and say, okay, I've sequenced you (will be very cheap in the near future) you are this race, deterministically, without being on some spectrum etc. Just pick a set of genes, important set of genes and classify objectively. Imo if you use IQ genes, you've solved a lot of issues.
>>
File: 980[1].jpg (66KB, 980x550px) Image search: [Google]
980[1].jpg
66KB, 980x550px
>>2217910
>nords don't have big noses
>>
File: IMG_0696.jpg (65KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0696.jpg
65KB, 250x312px
>>
>>2218179
Your reading comprehension is at a 3rd grade level.
>>
>>2217520
like arabs, just slightly darker
>>
>>2218173

true, somalians for instance, in paritcular look very different to certain other african races, and have some caucasian admixture. The afars (horn of africa) and their related groups are pretty much fully caucasian except for hair. Some africans are very tall and slim, very bean pole like, unlike anything you see with europeans. Others shorter and more robust, congolese are meant to have this body type.

So some people have argued negroid even as a phenotypical classification is too inaccurate and just an outdated racist term, but I do think all sub-saharan africans share in the same broader phenotype. It affects the rest of the body as well as the face. Fast twitch muscle fibres and all that.

If we did pick a set of genes to classify races, which should we pick? The genes that code my personality would undoubtedly be the same as many people of different ethnicity to me. Shouldn't we be looking for common descent, lineages to classify races?
>>
>>2218150
WE WUZ GYPSIES AND SHEEIT!?!
>>
Dorians were Nordic, no question about it
Herodotus said their homeland was snowy mountains
>>
>>2218367
>It doesn't snow in southern Europe.
>>
>>2218279
>Shouldn't we be looking for common descent, lineages to classify races?
I asked myself this question and I arrived at a "no". Well the answer can be "yes", but then what I'm advocating for will get a different name and will be so much more significant, accurate etc.

>The genes that code my personality would undoubtedly be the same as many people of different ethnicity to me.
Yes. I know it's weird. Also, I meant intelligence, not personality in general.

It's basically a unification of race and class.
>>
>>2218367

And the mountanious Europe is the Southern one.
>>
>>2218367
This is true. Modern day Greeks admit to the fact that they(Dorians) came from somewhere in modern day Poland.

"Greeks" were a mixture, undoubtedly. Still it's quite clear(from paintings, genetic evidence, modern day Greeks, people of Greek ancestry in other places of Europe) what the majority was. They weren't somehow segregated along hair color lines either, other than Dorians obviously lived in a different geographical area.
>>
>>2218034
this
dirty blond with tanned skin and brown/hazel eyes is very common here in Italy
>>
File: AristophanesTan.jpg (86KB, 1123x867px) Image search: [Google]
AristophanesTan.jpg
86KB, 1123x867px
>>2218018
>lose my tan.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2218005

lol

look at this delusion
>>
File: AristophanesTan2.jpg (83KB, 1215x812px) Image search: [Google]
AristophanesTan2.jpg
83KB, 1215x812px
>>2219346
>they are pale and emaciated creatures.
>Ah! by Heracles! what country are those animals from?
>>
>>2219377

obviously neets
>>
>>2217992
source on this pic plz
>>
>>2217713
>>2217663
>the """"superior""" german race
>>
>>2219465
What? It's just showing how a blonde looks like. There's no mention of superiority anywhere.
>>
>>2217859
That's explains why Macedonians were almost barbarian tier in others greeks eyes.
>>
>>2219377
>Don't worry, I shall return him to you an accomplished sophist.

>Very pale then and thoroughly hang-dog-looking.

Aristophanes with the banter, socrates btfo
>>
File: AristophanesTan3.jpg (136KB, 1217x823px) Image search: [Google]
AristophanesTan3.jpg
136KB, 1217x823px
>>2219489
>>
>>2218367
>The Balkans
>The Appenines
>The Alps
>The Caucasus
>the Pireneis

Actually the northern you go, the least you are going to find mountains, and to an even lesser extent tall ones.
>>
>>2219474
It was a joke about how ugly they are.
>>
why would people living in the Med be white as northern Europeans

wouldnt you get a tan
>>
>>2217520
>how did they look like

Why is this such a common error among non-native english speakers? Seems like I see it every day
>>
File: anaxagoras.jpg (67KB, 557x320px) Image search: [Google]
anaxagoras.jpg
67KB, 557x320px
>>
File: kritikos.jpg (32KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
kritikos.jpg
32KB, 777x437px
I can tell you one thing.

As a Greek all of this nordic masturbatory racial fantasy, has made me hate Europe and America even more.

As I see it the madness of the West breeds such astonishing arrogance, that I feel I have more in common with the Turks than with the boundless arrogant Europeans and even more against the race obsessed Americans.

The Turks may be uncivilized barbarians, but at least they don't have delusions of racial superiority.

A cancer upon Europe and America.
>>
>>2219680
It's just Internet autism, my Greek subhuman neighbour. People in real life don't care about your hair color or "whiteness". Unless you're brown as a gypsy/Indian people consider you white. At least in Europe, can't speak about America.
>>
>>2219715

You are wrong

I have been in Europe and I look white enough to pass as native in any European country.

But both consciously and sub-consciously most Europeans have a tremendous inferiority complex since they stopped being the center of the world after WWII. This feeling transforms into the desire for superiority even within Europe.

See how Germany treats Greece and other southern European countries.

See how Britain treats Eastern Europeans.

No one is fooled by all the immigrants in Berlin and France, for in their boundless arrogance, these "Europeans" think that this even in contributes to their superiority, in having ghettos. The racial stuff posted on 4chan even against southern europeans is not "joking about", but the true incarnation of their race obsessive superiority complex. If you take half the stuff taken seriously about what is said about blacks, then the same must follow for Greece and others.

But as the ancients said, Hubris only brings Nemesis. I bear nothing but contempt for them and now that this arrogance will be their downfall.
>>
>>2217712
kek
>>
File: milla-jovovich-7119.jpg (383KB, 806x591px) Image search: [Google]
milla-jovovich-7119.jpg
383KB, 806x591px
This is how ancient Greek boys looked if /his/ taught me anything
>>
>>2217520
White as snow and often missing one or both arms or the head.
>>
>>2219680
Maybe you have more in common with Persians but not fucking Turks. Look up Kingdom of Pontus. Plotinus' philosophy also had a lot of Persian influence.

Greeks and Persians were bros for much of history unlike Persian and Romans.
>>
>>2219782
>See how Germany treats Greece
Because you're acting like fucking gypsies, trying to cheat everyone, not paying taxes and expecting the Germans to pay for your lifestyle.
This has nothing to do with "whiteness" or if they consider you white. It's about the way you behave.
There's no arrogance, there's no racism, they ARE better than you. You can always leave the EU and live with average 300 Euros salary like the rest of the Balkans. But you don't.
>>
>>2220000
Here's what's going to happen, friendo.

The Greeks and other Balkan nations will get tired of the Northern Europeans, and they will join the Eurasian Economic Union. They will work harder because the Russians will treat them with respect.

Then the NW Europe and America will go through a great depression, and the torch will be given to the Eurasian Economic Union and BRICS nations to continue on. You guys have had a good run, but you really have fucked up recently. NATO is going to break up soon enough and with that, your spirits too shall shatter.
>>
>>2220012
>they will join the Eurasian Economic Union.
or BRICS*
>>
>>2219680
This is all stormfront. Pol, 8gag and some others are all stormfront astroturfs at this point. All the charts, data, talking points can be found on their forum. Have to call it like it is.

I cannot believe people buy into that when their own race science makes out Asians and quite literally Ashkenazi Jews, their most hated group, to be superior races to whites.

So those are the cognitively dissonant people that made you angry at the arrogant Europeans.

Take a step back and consider that Euros aren't a hive mind, neither are the Greeks, neither are the Turks by the way. You ought to divorce the recent Greek crisis from the internet activism itt.
>>
>>2217550
>>2217566
>guetto

Lul
>>
>>2217770
>>2217842
the ancients portrayed dudes as darker skinned than girls. it was pretty common around that region at least.
https://www.press.umich.edu/3080238/tan_men_pale_women
>>
>>2217566
you fucking autist
>>
How can we be sure such statues were anything more than ancient shitposting? Maybe I put a blonde statue infront of my house to piss of all the brown plebs.
>>
>>2217901
If that's true then why are nords tall and meds manlets?
>>
>>2218018
>Live in a place where there is lots of sun with no sunscrean
>Be tanned
WOWOWOW!
>>
I think these kind of threats should be banned because the Mediterranean "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU" denialism is too fucking much to handle.
Ancient Greeks were Indo-Europeans and Indo-European languages were spread by a Northern type of people, Greece is not some isolated exception from this nor is Rome.
>>
>>2221492
But they're less than 10% Indo-European genetically. And any Turkish rape would have given them more green.
>>
>>2221499

The key word to explaining modern Greeks might be the magic word "Helot".
Helots, or foreign slaves outnumbered the Greeks by dozens to one at certain points.
They were often from Syria, Anatolia, Egypt, Lebanon.
>>
>>2220425
Not really, mostly is /his/ and /pol/ shitposting. Anciente Greeks didn't care too much about the color of their hair, if you read different writings from the Bronze age to the third century BC you see a lot of descriptions about blonde, ginger, brown and black haired people, but it wasn't something they gave a lot of importance. Someone like Homer when describing his characters describes Achilles as blonde, Odysseus as dark haired with strong and long locks, etc.

Some gods like Apollo, for example, were always depicted blonde, others like Hephaestus had dark face, color of the hair usually related to what they did.

>>2217859
>Julius Caesar was blonde

LoL no

>

He is said to have been tall of stature with a fair complexion, shapely limbs, a somewhat full face, and keen black eyes; sound of health, except that towards the end he was subject to sudden fainting fits and to nightmare as well. He was twice attacked by the falling sickness42 during his campaigns. 2 He was somewhat overnice in the care of his person, being not only carefully trimmed and shaved, but even having superfluous hair plucked out, as some have charged; while his baldness was a disfigurement would troubled him greatly, since he found that it was often the subject of the gibes of his detractors. Because of it he used to comb forward his scanty locks from the crown of his head, and of all the honours voted him by the senate and people there was none which he received or made use of more gladly than the privilege of wearing a laurel wreath at all times. 3 They say, too, that he was remarkable in his dress; that he wore a senator's tunic43 with fringed sleeves reaching to the wrist, and always had a girdle44 over it, though rather a loose one; and this, they say, was the occasion of Sulla's mot, when he often warned the nobles to keep an eye on the ill-girt boy.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Suetonius/12Caesars/Julius*.html#45
>>
>>2217859
You know who has Blonde/Ginger? Octavian, and a common joke between the Romans of the time was that he was like that because his mother cheated on his father with a Barbarian immigrant of the North.

http://en.antiquitatem.com/dicta-aurea-apophthegma-aphorism-axiom

That should give you an idea of home common was being blonde in Rome and what they related said color with.
>>
>>2222135
No he wasn't, and your story is made up.
This is the original pigmentation of the Augustus of Prima Porta preserved in the statue.
>>
File: aug.jpg (38KB, 468x599px) Image search: [Google]
aug.jpg
38KB, 468x599px
>>2222196
augustus had brown hair and eyes? because that's what the pigmentation shows there

his story is the truth by the way

snownigger
>>
File: 1446832998800.jpg (1MB, 1742x646px) Image search: [Google]
1446832998800.jpg
1MB, 1742x646px
>>2217992
>greeks made a statue of a nigger
>probably a slave
WE WUZ PEDERASTZ
>>
"A number of artifact types and customs connect the Mycenaean Shaft Grave princes, the first definite Greek speakers at about 1650 BCE, with steppe or southeastern European cultures. These parallels included specific types of cheekpieces for chariot horses, specific types of socketed spearheads, and even the custom of making masks for the dead, which was common on the Ingul River during the late Catacomb culture, between about 2500 and 2000 BCE. It is very difficult, however, to define the specific source of the migration stream that brought the Shaft Grave princes into Greece. The people who imported Greek or Proto-Greek to Greece might have moved several times, perhaps by sea, from the western Pontic steppes to southeastern Europe to western Anatolia to Greece, making their trail hard to find. " - The Horse, the Wheel and Language by David Anthony

So, did our Greeks(Mycenean) from Ukraine have blue eyes? Probably most did. Blond hair? Probably some did.
>>
File: C1zNeBlUkAAgbFQ.jpg (76KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C1zNeBlUkAAgbFQ.jpg
76KB, 1200x675px
Blonde =! White
Blond hair is a recessive trait in mediterranean/near eastern ethnicities
>>
>>2222573
no wonder the pyramids are leaving
>>
>>2222753
They weren't even greek back then in 2000 bc
>>
>>2219435
It's a Ptolemaic statue of a Nubian.

https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/opencollection/objects/3790

Here's an actual black Greek though.

>>2219680
I see where you're coming from, but the Turks are really just as bad with this stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Language_Theory
>>
What I really don't understand is why people like the Egyptians and Greeks, both of whom left behind countless depictions of themselves so that nobody with any familiarity with them wouldn't know exactly what they looked like, are always the ones who attract these WEWUZ retards. I mean there shouldn't be any question about this shit, we know exactly what Egyptians and Greeks looked like.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have these threads about the IVC or the Elamites instead, since their appearance is actually debatable?
>>
>>2222753
We also know what early Mycenaean Greeks looked like.
>>
>>2222914
>>
File: Mycenaean-Fresco-Mycenae.jpg (190KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Mycenaean-Fresco-Mycenae.jpg
190KB, 700x466px
>>2222916
>>
>>2217521
WE
>>
>>2222919
>>2222916
>>2222914
that's ok

but for every 3 of these there's 1 with blue eyes and blond hair, suggesting we wuz greeks
>>
>>2218224
is that muhammed?
the prophet
>>
>>2222320
>augustus had brown hair and eyes? because that's what the pigmentation shows there
This.
>>2222196
How exactly is this pigmentation proof of "nordicism?"
>>
>>2222914

So what is your theory? That the people who brought the Greek language to Greece looked Mediterranean or that they got mixed quickly?
>>
>>2223052
>>2222914

Btw, 13th century is late Mycenean.
The conquerors came in the 17th century.
>>
>>2222841
>we know exactly what Egyptians and Greeks looked like.
Well, the whole red skin thing is a mediterranean painting convention. They were probably getting tans constantly though. Here's a fresco from a century later after the artistic style changed.
>>
File: Agios_Athanasios_1_fresco.jpg (64KB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
Agios_Athanasios_1_fresco.jpg
64KB, 700x285px
>>2223246
This one is a little more clear.
>>
>>2223246
WE
>>
>>2223019
>>2223309
were also being extremely civilized in other places that we lived - baltics, germany, scandinavia

the same advances were made there, it's very clear which race made those
>>
The ancient greeks liked to portray themselves as ideally as possible. So i wouldnt use their statues as evidence
>>
>>2223318
Yeah, all the statues had big muscles and small penises.
Obviously greeks weren't all muscly and beautiful.
>>
File: Germanic kind of feel.gif (2MB, 235x150px) Image search: [Google]
Germanic kind of feel.gif
2MB, 235x150px
ITT: Germanic's display their inferiority complex for all to see.
>>
>>2222126
>while his baldness was a disfigurement would troubled him greatly, since he found that it was often the subject of the gibes of his detractors. Because of it he used to comb forward his scanty locks from the crown of his head

wow, it turns out Trump really is the Caesar of this day and age
>>
>>2218367
Do you know that it snows in Greece? Hell, in Xenophon's Anabasis, Xenophon mentions how his army got hit by a blizzard in Armenia (location he was talking about was likely 60-80 miles north-west of modern day Lake Van in Turkey) and experienced over 6 feet of snow and extreme frostbite and snow-blindness. He also makes no mention that snow was foreign to his army (the Ten-Thousand)--which is important seeing how they came from all over Greece .
>>
>>2222126
That... makes no mention of Julius' hair color contrary to what the other anon stated. It just says that he was balding.
>>
This thread made me even more autistic
>>
>>2223446

Trump has a full head of hair
>>
ᚠᛊ ᚠᚣᛇ ᛩᚱᛊᛊᛕᛢ ᚣᛋᚧ ᚱᛜᛖᚣᛋᛢ ᚣᛋᚧ ᛢᚳᛍᛍᛍᛍᛊᚾ
>>
>>2217744
Are you fucking trolling or just really stupid?
>>
>>2217713
>>2217663
>the master race
>>
>>2223337
It's called superiority complex
>>
>>2222775

Its a recessive trait in every population that has it..
>>
>>2219552

Many of them have paler complexions then Germans or scandinavians
>>
>>2219377

Who is pale though? Only gingers, albinos, sick people and the Irish. The same question would be asked anywhete
>>
File: 1484361835995 (1).jpg (132KB, 484x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484361835995 (1).jpg
132KB, 484x768px
Half greek/Half egyptian
>>
>>2223246
>>2223305

aren't they italian or barbarian?
>>
>>2226928
100% Cute
>>
>>2226573
>Only real achievements are ruining things for everyone including yourselves
>for hundreds of years cos played as the superior civilization your ruined
>Now try and explain that everyone successful is somehow your ancestor.

>superiority complex

Sure thing Ludwig.
>>
>>2226928
She's purrrrdy.
>>
>>2217782
Wow, look at this fucking idiot who clearly doesn't understand PIE migration.
>>
>>2227668
>She
>>
>>2219587
I thought it was just how yanks said it? It's like nails on a chalkboard every time I hear it.
>>
>>2231327
>tfw no qt fajum trap bf
>>
>>2217795
He's obviously not black, you snownigger. Go back to fucking your sheep in a cave.
>>
>>2217520
They were manlets. One of the /lit/ supplements to Starting with the Greeks says that Menelaus or Agamemnon was a towering 5'7" or something.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.