[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the famous battle of lepanto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Battle_of_Lepanto_1571.jpg (357KB, 2500x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Lepanto_1571.jpg
357KB, 2500x1341px
Tell me about the famous battle of lepanto
>>
>Isolated fighting continued until the evening. Even after the battle had clearly turned against the Turks, groups of janissaries kept fighting to the last. It is said that at some point the Janissaries ran out of weapons and started throwing oranges and lemons at their Christian adversaries, leading to awkward scenes of laughter among the general misery of battle
>>
>>2217162
Turks got BTFO hard
>>
>The centers clashed, with such force that Ali Pasha's galley drove into the Real as far as the fourth rowing bench, and hand-to-hand fighting commenced around the two flagships, between the Spanish tercio infantry and the Turkish janissaries. When the Real was nearly taken, Colonna came alongside with the bow of his galley and mounted a counter-attack. With the help of Colonna, the Turks were pushed off the Real and the Turkish flagship was boarded and swept. The entire crew of Ali Pasha's flagship was killed, including the commander himself. The banner of the Holy League was hoisted on the captured ship, breaking the morale of the Turkish galleys nearby.
>>
>>2217162
It was fun as fuck in age of empires 2
>>
>>2217359
>The entire crew of Ali Pasha's flagship was killed, including the commander himself. The banner of the Holy League was hoisted on the captured ship,

what a bedtime story.
>>
>>2217162
Spaghetti niggers btfo kebab niggers
>>
>>2217388
>Spaghetti niggers
The Venitians lost their front.It was mostly Alvaro de Bazan who bailed them out
>>
File: Screenshot_20170113-085907.png (764KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170113-085907.png
764KB, 1440x2560px
Great battle, but not nearly as satisfying as the Great Siege of Malta
>>
>>2217426
>not nearly as satisfying
>Christian fleet attacking in cross formation against a half moon formation
Lepanto was pretty epic
>>
>>2217409
I would've said something besides just spaghetti niggers but I can't really name any well known Spanish dish to use
>>
>>2217445
>Christian fleet attacking in cross formation against a half moon formation
Could you please give me a source/pic that explains/shows this?Seems pretty epic
>>
>>2217447
>I can't really name any well known Spanish dish to use
Paellaniggers , but you could've use the term dago
>>
>>2217162

http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/guilmartin.com/Lepanto.html
>>
>>2217451

What means "dago"?

Just curious...
>>
>>2217445
Please source
>>
File: 1465967489390.png (802KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
1465967489390.png
802KB, 800x764px
>>2217167
>What are you gonna do, cure my scurvy?
>>
>>2217462
It's a ehtnic slur referring to Italians, Spaniards and Portuguese
>>
>>2217462
>dago
You hear about those new Italian tires?

Dago through rain
Dago through snow
But when dago flat
Dago WOP WOP WOP
>>
File: lepanto cross vs moon.png (28KB, 364x592px) Image search: [Google]
lepanto cross vs moon.png
28KB, 364x592px
>>
>>2217492
funny how meme magic works
>>
I think they should have built the wonder more away from the sea.
>>
>>2217492
>Veniero
>Bragadino
>Giustiniani
>Lomelin
You can call me an autist but that pic is atrocious. I can't even grasp the logic behind the name changes.
>>
>>2217492
Well, I am dissapointed
>>
>Barbarossa was dead
>Dragut was dead
>Piyala Pasha was not in command
>Uluc Ali, the only passable corsair commander almost turned Lepanto around himself

Meh, it was a great victory, but the big bad dogs of the enemy side had all died before the battle or were not present.

Lepanto also was a propaganda victory, but not used to retake any clay they had lost in all the previous decades, while the Turks rebuild their fleet in a year and then moved on to capture further strategic towns and islands.
>>
>>2217560
underrated
>>
it was a nice epic victory stories, but ultimately the ottoman won the strategic objective, cyprus was conquered by the ottomans and venice was forced to pay 300,000 ducats. the entire fleet itself is rebuilt within a year.
>>
>>2218156
>Lepanto also was a propaganda victory, but not used to retake any clay they had lost in all the previous decades, while the Turks rebuild their fleet in a year and then moved on to capture further strategic towns and islands.
t.Turk.
It killed all the experienced sailors and killed Ottoman influence in the western part of the mediterranean which was Spain's objective
>>
>>2218215
>ultimately the ottoman won the strategic objective
Ciprus was nothing compared to the banana tier sailors that they had after Lepanto. Spain took control of the western part of the mediterranean and the Ottomans could do nothing about it unlike previous years.
>>
File: lepanto.jpg (250KB, 570x732px) Image search: [Google]
lepanto.jpg
250KB, 570x732px
>>2217445
>>2217449

only if I squeeze my eyes very hard does this look like a cross.
>>
>>2218156
Uluc Ali was italian kek
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.