[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the French have retreated at Verdun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0108verdun.jpg (147KB, 720x570px) Image search: [Google]
0108verdun.jpg
147KB, 720x570px
Should the French have retreated at Verdun?
>>
>>2215301
On ne passe pas
>>
Fulkenhyne literally attacked there because it would drain all of France's blood. But then he got greedy and drained German blood too.

It was of little strategic value so they both should have left.
>>
>>2215909
>Fulkenhyne literally attacked there because it would drain all of France's blood.

That was his shitty post-failure excuse
The truth is that he wanted to conquer Verdun because it was a very important fortress (so important Germany tried to get France to surrender it to them during the July Crisis in exchange of not attacking France as part of an ultimatum)
>>
Why? They won.
>>
>>2215953
>Germany tried to get France to surrender it to them during the July Crisis in exchange of not attacking France as part of an ultimatum
What the hell? Did they expect the French to be that dumb or was it a token "effort" they did while knowing it would be rejected?
>>
>>2216359
Reminder that people on this very board will argue Germany did everything to avoid war.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.