[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>eastern >roman >empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: download (10).jpg (95KB, 759x493px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
95KB, 759x493px
>eastern
>roman
>empire
>>
File: Enrico Dandalo.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Enrico Dandalo.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Okay, I give.

Mr. Dandalo, I give. I've only just realized that this whole Byzaboo thing I've been nursing since those glorious summers as a 14-17 year old playing CrusaderKangzToo has spiraled out of control. What began as simply a reflexive glee spurred by feeling myself possessor of some esoteric knowledge ("Well, most people don't actually know that the Roman Embire dint even fall until 1453 [or was it 1204???]...), is now a gross sublimation of something all the more sinister. Now, now this reflexive cringe and whinge -- dare I admit, trigger -- whenever anyone as much mentions Manzikert or Mehmed or even your very own Fourth, Mr. Dandalo, now I know that it is merely a stand-in, a convenient formula of metaphor and synapse by which I can subconsciously give shape to a number of ills and self-loaths I never even knew were there.

Don't you see Mr. Dandalo? I want to thank you! Thank you and all your blessed four-score and teen years of existence for collecting one final debt. That which I owe to myself. For you see, I was never reaally in love with the Byzantines. Few are, at least, not those of us who attach so much emotion to something of the past. Instead, I used that faded codicil of the good ol' Imperium as a cypher for regret, to sublimate all my own past mistakes, regrets, and poor decisions. The idea of the wrecked empire, Mr. Dandalo, was nothing ever more than my finally peering down from the mouse -- or even, up at a mirror -- and not being able to help but notice the degradation of flesh, that waste that the silent hours have long since stolen from me. Oh don't get me wrong Mr. Dandalo, this isn't a bitter realization, no! This is a jubilant one, for you see, we all feel regret, we can't help it. I'm sure you carried your own all those years after personally witnessing the fruits of your labor wrecked by Byzantine agency.
>>
>>2215223
I'm blind please put this post into audio format

t.dandalo
>>
>>2215223

Yes, we all carry regret, path not taken and all that. I'm just glad that now, I can do something about it. Now that its out in the open, and no longer being subsumed as 'utterly' futile butthurt, NOW I can go out and seize hold of what years I have left (that I may have have of yours total more). Thank you Mr. Dandalo. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I bet the one true cross splintered all up did wonders for all those Italian and French churches, and I'm sure that Frankish whore sung wonderfully on the Patriarch's throne, and if it weren't for you, I bet the Quadriga would have long since been melted down into a Turkish cannon, destined only to killing many a Hungarian or Armenian. Thank you, THANK YOU Mr. Dandalo. What's that? You want to see if that little Ancona under your manskirt can still feel a tickle? Well Mr. Dandalo, if you insist! Please me to please you! Haha! Yes! [begins to gobble down your St. Mark's spire]. Oh Mr. Dandalo (hrmnsplgy!!) OH, Mr. Dandal-OH!
>>
>>2215223
Why do you repeat this meme?
Dandalo wasn't the one who had directed the Crusade, he was just a guy trying to make the best of a situation rapidly going to shit due to Crusader leaders fucking up horrifically.

And I say that as a Byzantineboo
>>
File: 1480655101906.jpg (55KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480655101906.jpg
55KB, 600x446px
>Jerusalem was once part of a Christian Roman Empire
>>
>>2215311

Eh, its poking fun at the lower tier Byzaboos who harp on and on butthurt about the fourth crusade or the Fetih without ever fully comprehending their complex causes and such. I find those "byzaboos" really just chasing an image which they use for reasons beyond sheer historical fascination/appreciation (there's a bit of autobiography there, admittedly).

There are by all means plenty of Byzaboos who I'm sure are fascinated for the thing in and of itself. I try to alert these with details and allusions found within the body of the meme that should set their speculation alight, but it may be crafted poorly. No shit on you, friendo
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.