[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

abrahamic god

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1483084356655.jpg (51KB, 540x743px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483084356655.jpg
51KB, 540x743px
what does /his/ think?
Do jews, christians, and muslims worship the same god?
>>
>>2214950
>what
>does
>his
>think
>do
>Jews
>Christians
>and
>Muslims
>Worship
>the
>Same
>God

Pretty Spooky
>>
>>2214956
this is pretty much the response I expected
>>
>>2214950
It depends on who your asking

Jews will say no
Christians will say they and the jews share
Muslims say they all share but are the only smart ones
>>
File: lion-of-judah.jpg (25KB, 670x430px) Image search: [Google]
lion-of-judah.jpg
25KB, 670x430px
>>2214950
Do Jews or Muslims worship Jesus?
>>
jews and christians yes depending on the individual, muslims no, they worship an idol of violence and evil
>>
>>2214950
Well, maybe they do, but that's not enough to be friends.

Christians have been fighting among themselves many times, and so did Muslims.

Even in a fantasy world where Islam didn't rise and Christianity spread in its place, people would've fought each other regardless.
>>
I think all religious people have their own version of a god "in their head," and if they compared gods they'd see they have little in common. Also, they have little inside information on what is or is not in their heaven except in generalities.

I think it's going to be difficult for most of them, considering their immaturity, greed and lust, to function in a heaven that surely requires maturity and civility. It's more likely, if there were a god, that they'd sneer and choose hell instead (or back to earth, which is about the same).
>>
>>2214981
Jews worship Christ as God?
>>
>>2214950
Jews would say no.
Christians would say we worship the same god as the Jews.
Muslims would say we worship the same god as Christians and Jews.

So basically yeah, they all worship the same being, just in different ways so they like to kill each other it.
>>
Jews and Christians are divisive on this, well atleast the ones I know. Imo Judaism worships a completely different God and seeing as how they don't consider Jesus as the messiah so yeah...
>>
Well the star of David is a big symbol for Judaism and the bible that that star is a symbol remphan the star God which is related moloch(satan), sooooooo.....
>>
>>2215720
*said
*of
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (654KB, 1263x1914px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
654KB, 1263x1914px
23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,
>>
>>2214950
>abrahamic god
When will this meme die?

The Jews are not of Abraham, they are of a new religion created by the Pharisees in the Second Temple period. There are no priests, there are no animal sacrifices. None of the definitive theological elements of the Old Testament faith remain in modern Judaism because it is not the religion of the Hebrews in the Old Testament. Their religious text is the Talmud, which was passed down orally by the Pharisee faction of rabbis.

To answer your question:

The Jews worship a singular god. This god is dual in nature, all encompassing in the sense of having both extremes of every thinkable idea. The Talmudic god is both male and female, shekinah (as in shekinah glory) is a female word to describe the feminine aspect of god.

The Islamic god is a singular god. All encompassing in the transcendental sense. The Islamic god cannot be divided, and is absolutely male. There is no compromise, no change, the Islamic god is unified in temporal as well as spacial terms.

The Christian God is a singular God, however there are three different aspects of God. These three different aspects are not separations, they are three manifestations of one God. The Christian God is absolutely male. The Christian God, while having a singular standard of righteousness, compromises with people and intervenes on their behalf to help them meet this standard of righteousness.

So to answer your question: no. The Christian, Jewish, and Islamic gods are not the same gods. Only on the surface, from the view of an atheist who learns history and religion from John Green, does it appear that there is one god for all three religions. They are nothing like one another.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.