[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Jesus mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Jesusspeakingtothejews.jpg (410KB, 1920x953px) Image search: [Google]
Jesusspeakingtothejews.jpg
410KB, 1920x953px
What did Jesus mean by this?
>>
File: jews and papists.jpg (26KB, 624x294px) Image search: [Google]
jews and papists.jpg
26KB, 624x294px
>>2212767
>>
>>2212767
He meant the Jews are a filthy sect of moneychangers and swindlers.
>>
He was scolding them for abusing religion. None of them ever questioned whether tithes paid by impoverished commoners should support the opulent lifestyle of a rabbi or if stoning prostitutes is truly just.
>>
he surely told them
>>
File: 14823688438.jpg (50KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
14823688438.jpg
50KB, 465x465px
>>2212767
Whats so difficult to understand?
Jesus couldn't be more straightforward.
God is antisemite.
>>
File: jesus-christ-02.jpg (106KB, 553x553px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-christ-02.jpg
106KB, 553x553px
>24 Jesus got up and went away from there to the region of Tyre. And when He had entered a house, He wanted no one to know of it; yet He could not escape notice. 25 But after hearing of Him, a woman whose little daughter had an unclean spirit immediately came and fell at His feet. 26 Now the woman was a Gentile, of the Syrophoenician race. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. 27 And He was saying to her, “Let the children be satisfied first, for it is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.”

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2212971
what a dick.
>>
>>2212971
post the next verses.
>>
>>2212980
The verses where she humbles herself, by affirming herself as like a dog, before he finally cures her daughter?
>>
>>2212767
>speaking to the Jews

You mean speaking to the pharisees, a political and religious order.
>>
>>2212999
yes persisting is a sign of faith, Jesus does this plenty of times in the bible. There's also another time where He initially rejects a samaritan women but then she persists and displays her faith.
>>
>>2213023
Modern "Judaism" is descended from Pharisaism with a boatload of new lies thrown in.
>>
>>2213023

>Implying the Gospel writers could tell the difference between different Jewish sects of the day.
>>
>>2213109
>Group of Jewish writers who are members of a weird Jewish sect, intimately familiar with the finer points of Jewish mystical bullshit, constantly blabbing about the Messiah and shit
>can't tell the difference between Jewish sects of the day
>>
>>2213140

>Gospel writers repeatedly attribute claims of belief to the wrong group.
>Have said groups get mad at Jesus for supposedly violating Jewish law in cases where he did no such thing
>Can't tell the difference between ritual impurity and sinful action
>Claim that Jesus was without sin when 3 of the 4 gospels record him sinning in the last supper by not being present at the paschal offering that he ate of.

No, they aren't actually familiar with the finer points of Jewish mystical bullshit, and cannot in fact tell the difference between the Jewish sects of their day, which leads to the conclusion that they were not in fact Jewish-Christians, and were almost certainly written by gentile converts much later.
>>
>>2213074
She had faith he could cure her daughter when she first saw him walking through the village, and repeatedly requested his help. He didn't need to humiliate her and her people with a racist comment, as if that was some test to prove her sincerity.

>21 Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, “Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 He answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s food and throw it to the dogs.”
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.