[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the likelihood of a character like Oscar existing? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Oscar.jpg (46KB, 401x518px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar.jpg
46KB, 401x518px
What is the likelihood of a character like Oscar existing?

I heard Ancien regime France was pretty patriarchal and was wondering the likelihood of a noblewoman gaining the same upbringing and status as her.
>>
Oscar who?
>>
>>2210653
person in the pic
>>
>>2210766
Literally who?
>>
>>2210653
de la Hoya
>>
OSCAAAAAAAAR
>>
Looks like an even gayer looking version of Griffith
>>
>>2210766
ok, who's that
>>
>>2210646
Not very likely.

It's true that female soldiers had existed since the time of the crusades, but they almost never got any recognition.

>inb4 Joan De Arc
She was a glorified cheerleader who held no power- a far cry from someone like Oscar.

On that note, I heard somewhere that the real, historical General De Jarjayes actually did force one of his daughters to cross-dress. I'm not sure how credible that claim is though.
That said,
>>
>>2211065
>She was a glorified cheerleader who held no power
Please stop with this meme. She was regularly in command and though she didn't use a sword she was an extremely effective artillery commander knowing how to use them for the greatest effect. Fairly bloodthirsty and aggressive tactically too which was both her greatest strength and ultimate downfall.
>>
>>2211599

Prove it.
>>
File: 1399474964941.png (181KB, 714x522px) Image search: [Google]
1399474964941.png
181KB, 714x522px
>>2210948
>>
is that reinhard ?
>>
File: rose of versaille.jpg (569KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
rose of versaille.jpg
569KB, 956x720px
>>2211902
No.
>>
For the non-weaboos:

The Rose of Versailles focuses on Oscar François de Jarjayes, a girl raised as a man to become her father's successor as leader of the Palace Guards. A brilliant combatant with a strong sense of justice, Oscar is proud of the life she leads, but becomes torn between class loyalty and her desire to help the impoverished as revolution brews among the oppressed lower class. Also important to the story are her conflicting desires to live life as both a militant and a regular woman as well as her relationships with Marie Antoinette, Count Axel von Fersen, and servant and best friend André Grandier.
>>
File: high definition dezaki girl.jpg (274KB, 1448x1080px) Image search: [Google]
high definition dezaki girl.jpg
274KB, 1448x1080px
superior dezaki coming through
>>
File: maki.jpg (45KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
maki.jpg
45KB, 420x315px
I've been waiting for pot this pic on /his/.
>>
>>2211725
where is this from?

I remember in an interview he said something along these lines.
>>
>>2211926
Interesting
>>
>>2212562
Challenging the Manga Dojos, though he mentions The Rose of Versailles in almost all his interviews.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.