[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 years war thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1338.jpg (85KB, 381x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1338.jpg
85KB, 381x481px
The anti-habsburgs were the good guys right?

And more specifically Sweden was the hero of the war right?
>>
Why does everyone always like to shit on Austria when they saved Europe from itself?
>>
t. Sven Svenson
>>
>>2210073
Fuck! how did you figure that out?
>>
damn you really like making threads about sweden
>>
>>2210073
>>2210077
But we kind of were or am i wrong?
>>
>>2210082
Glorious heroes and saviors in history, why would i not?
>>
File: defenestration.jpg (226KB, 768x568px) Image search: [Google]
defenestration.jpg
226KB, 768x568px
REEEEEE
catholics get out!
>>
Daily reminder that Ferdinand II was a spineless cuck who did everything his advisor told him to do
>>
File: 1633brisach.jpg (2MB, 1969x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1633brisach.jpg
2MB, 1969x1667px
Daily reminder that Spain did all the work of the habsburg side
>>
>>2210056
As much as i like the lion of the north myth it was really a meme. Besides the early war the swedes brought their fair share of savagery and destruction to the war. Its no coincidence that the protoprussians took harsh revenge after taking swedish pomerania a few decades after the war
>>
Is it fair to summarise the war as mainly Sweden vs Hre and France vs Spain?
>>
>>2210082
It's starting to lose it's charm. How come we don't have anyone spamming Danish stuff? They're just as interesting.
>>
>>2210286
>Muh kalmar union
>Muh vehkengs
NO!!
>>
>>2210212
True, the Swedes where no saints. By the end of the war, Swedish armies laid waste to one third of all German towns that existed at the time. Gustavus Adolphus was no meme tho. He was both a good leader and a great king
>>
>>2210276
No
>>
>>2210349
Elaborate more plox
>>
>>2210352

Thechnically the HRE wasn't a belligerent party in that war at all since the Imperial Diet didn't declare war.

The main belligerents were the Emperor and his allies in the Catholic League. Initially, they fought rebellious Protestant princes, then Denmark, Sweden and finally France joined the opponents of the Emperors. Later some Protestant German states supported the Emperor, such as Saxony and Brandenburg. Spain waged its war in the Netherlands, supported the Emperor against Sweden and then fought France when they entered the war.
>>
>>2210073
In Sweden you typically have 2 s's in patronymics
So it would be Svensson
>>
>>2210177
>Hey guys, our """"""""Empire""""""""" is actually being united for once.
>OMG MUH FREEDUMBS! FUCKING HABSBURGES.
Germans...
>>
>>2210056
>The anti-habsburgs were the good guys right?
no

>>2210069
lack of knowledge on history
>>
>>2210056
>And more specifically Sweden was the hero of the war right?
lolno. They were most often not even percieved as fighting for protestantism, but as marauding horde, that both protestants and catholics united against.
>>
>>2210056
Denmark was the hero of the war.
>>
>>2211101
*Czechs
>>
>>2211371

I don't think that's what he's talking about
>>
>>2210087
>Sweden
Nope, protestantism alone is bad enough.
>>
>>2210056
>The anti-habsburgs were the good guys right?
the exact opposite actually.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.