[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China changes start date of war with Japan, says will bolster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-japan-education-idUSKBN14V0HZ?il=0

Is history finished? What can we do to stop this?
>>
>is history finished?
While I disagree on the propaganda purposes, I don't think this move is any wrong. After all Japan seized Manchuria, which is literally part of China now. Maybe they should cover the war on two phases, the Manchuria phase, and the total war phase.
> t. 50 cent
>>
>>2207601
Manchuria was an annexation. There was like one battle and the chinese lost and that was that.

I wonder if the chinese even teach the nuances of Imperial Japanese rule or if its all Goldhagen tier rubbish.
>>
>>2207586
It's shit like this that makes me genuinely scared of what can happen with the recent 'sale' of the Internet to places like China who love to hide and distort information.
>>
>>2207586
This is happening all around us. You think American textbooks are less biased?
>>
>>2207586
You're already lost if you don't approach history with open hostility. This stuff is everywhere.
>>
>>2207617
thats what i mean, but its getting more and more brazen. web 1.0 meant freedom but now its 2 spooky
>>
>>2207586
To be fair I've heard credible western historians use the 1931 invasion of Manchuria as the start of the conflict between China and Japan for years now, so this isn't that surprising.

If they had reverted it back to like 1917 or something, then it might be a cause for concern but this isn't that radical, honestly. Although I guess it might be considered equivalent in the US to backdating the start of the Civil War to Bleeding Kansas or John Brown's raid.
>>
>>2207608
>I wonder if the chinese even teach the nuances of Imperial Japanese rule or if its all Goldhagen tier rubbish.
What was it like living in imperial manchuoko?
>>
>>2207586
That's accurate though
>>
>>2207586
>Before 1937, China and Japan fought in small, localized engagements, so-called "incidents". In 1931, the invasion of Manchuria by the Kwantung Army was sparked by the Chinese Mukden Incident. The last of these incidents was the Marco Polo Bridge Incident of 1937, which marked the beginning of total war between the two countries.[4]
>>
>>2207586
Many Western historians and western history books consider the beginning of the war as in 1931 after the Mukden incident. Some even claim it was the beginning of WW2 since the League of Nations system began crumbling after that.

Kill yourself weeb.
>>
this >>2209435
It is not much of a stretch. China was divided into factions, some of which were perpetually hostile to Japan.
>>
>>2207638
it is interesting though if you read the indidvidual states' declaration of secession, and the republican party platform of 1860 they all make extensive references to bleeding kansas, and have completely opposite assessments of what happened.
>>
>>2209468
In 1931 most of the country was controlled by the RoC and it was the officially recognized in international institutions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.