[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Pastafarianism the Reddit of religions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (101KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 800x387px
is Pastafarianism the Reddit of religions?
>>
it's a cutting criticism of the notion that intelligent design should be taught in schools as a rival "theory" to evolution, it should not be applied to anything other than that one very narrow satire.
>>
>>2206853
No it's the Neogaf of religions

>>2206865
Basically this, although calling it cutting criticism is a little generous
>>
>>2206865
>cutting criticism
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>2206865
>reductio ad absurdum
>"""cutting criticism"""
weeeewwww
>>
>>2207054
creationism and itelleigent design themselves are absurd

>We believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world much as it exists today, but for reasons unknown made it appear that the universe is billions of years old (instead of thousands) and that life evolved into its current state (rather than created in its current form). Every time a researcher carries out an experiment that appears to confirm one of these “scientific theories” supporting an old earth and evolution we can be sure that the FSM is there, modifying the data with his Noodly Appendage. We don’t know why He does this but we believe He does, that is our Faith.

How is that any different from young earth creationism?
>>
>>2207061
>itelleigent
Oh the irony

YEC is completely insular and absurd to you and I, but so is the fallacy that you're calling a cutting criticism. Replacing words in an argument doesn't refute it--the same can be done with scientific theories, philosophical arguments, and so on. Spend your time actually refuting it instead of saying "xd dummy christards xddd"
>>
What's the difference between intelligent design and "theistic" evolution?
>>
>>2206865
It's good that you put theory in quotes because evolution isn't a theory, it's a myth
>>
>>2207054
>>reductio ad absurdum
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>2207084
>people will reply to this post seriously
>>
>>2207086
This wiki article will probably put it in better words than I would care to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
>>
>>2207086
He's saying its not cutting, dingus.
>>
>>2207091
Subjective i guess
>>2207090
>logical argumentation technique used and recorded since ancient greece
So...?
>>
>>2206865
cutting cringicsm more like
>>
>reductio ad absurdum

Jesus fuck! Is this what all of the threads on /his/ are like?! I'm just visiting, but the above is too cringy, even for me.
>>
>>2207081
>Replacing words in an argument doesn't refute it
the argument is we're giving christianity a free pass because of tradition, without that it seems ridiculous
>>
>>2206865
So its reddit.
>>
>>2207158
lurk moar fucking newfag smdh

or just go back to r*ddit
>>
File: 1377040834118s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1377040834118s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>2207112
Do people think reductio ad absurdum is a fallacy just because it's in Latin or something?
>>
>the Reddit of religions
Either you are incredibly new or you're trolling.
>>
>>2207158
An argument which has its origin in many geometrical proofs.

To use it shows at least a slight understanding of philosophy or mathematics and adds an element of solidity to your argument. Its impressive. I usually hear it with the 'argumentum' in front of the 'reductio ad absurdum'
>>
It's not a real religion. It's a gag to point out the absurdity of religion and those who try to get it preached in schools.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.