[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greatest Monarchs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image:7628.jpg (5KB, 182x276px) Image search: [Google]
image:7628.jpg
5KB, 182x276px
This man was amazing
>inherited shithole country from coward father
>stabilized economy and rebuilt infrastructure
>promoted science and art
>brought Brazil from dinghies to dreadnoughts in decades
>quiet but calculating introvert
>surrendered country to regulation bloodlessly
>dies in another country watching his return to shit
>honored by same regime that opposed him

Pedro II is the greatest person to ever rule a country
>>
File: friedrich_zweite_alt.jpg (18KB, 286x350px) Image search: [Google]
friedrich_zweite_alt.jpg
18KB, 286x350px
>greatest person to ever rule a country
>not Frederick der GroBe
>>
>>22057
And how did the people feel about all his "accomplishments"
I mean the working class. The ones that have to live in the "shit hole"
>>
File: 143546475453.jpg (467KB, 1236x1794px) Image search: [Google]
143546475453.jpg
467KB, 1236x1794px
Henry II
>>
>>22109
>gets dad's army
>proceeds to use modern army to stomp people that weren't on par.

Sure, the Prussians were great and all, but Old Fritz is overrated.
>>
>>22263

Anyone who's actually studied his campaigns can see his obvious military talent, if you're saying otherwise you've just got some agenda.
>>
Not French, but I'd have to cast my vote for Emperor Napoleon. Found the crown of France in a gutter and conquered most of Europe. Plus the Napoleonic Code.
>>
>>22291
Yes, it's true he was a good leader, but he still had a very modern and superb army in comparison to his enemies.

Also, if it weren't for the death of Catherine and the rise of the Prussiaboo Peter, he would have lost the war.
>>
>>22291
Military leadership was astounding. That much is true. Leadership in general I honestly don't think he did enough to count among the greatest monarchs, I'd take into account other factors.

He did pave the way for some good shit.
>>
>>22187
Pedro was very popular with the public, especially among the then recently emancipated Blacks. Tbh the only reason he was deposed was because of the military and fuccboi republicans.
>>
>>22396
Not the guy you're talking to, but Prussia was a useless backwater back then. No natural defences, no resources. It had nothing but its army. But Frederick's success wasn't just due to his army but also due to how it was commanded. Frederick saw himself alone against Austria and Russia, which were both European super powers back then. In most of his battles he fought outnumbered facing roughly two times as many men as he had. The Battle of Leuthen was military genius, applying ancient tactics to what was then modern warfare. Anyone who denies that doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>22187
Save for republikeks, all of Brazil cried when they knew of Dom Pedro's death. There was a popular movement, the Canudos, calling for the restoration of the monarchy. They were all killed by the republicunts.
>>
>>22562
The only reason he went against Austria, was to assure the Saxons didn't invade Austria first and take Silesia, that way connecting them with Poland.
>>
>>22667
I'm fairly certain Frederick himself said later in life that it was vanity which drove him to invade Silesia and that he bitterly regretted it.
>>
>>22263
Not to mention the miracle of house of brandenburg.
>>
>>22562
No one is doubting that he wasn't a good military leader. But ruling a country requires more than just military talents.
>>
>>22793
Of course. Frederick the Great is by no means a non-controversial figure by contemporary standards. However, his military talent is unquestionable.
>>
File: augustus.jpg (492KB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
augustus.jpg
492KB, 1500x2250px
This man, if not at the very top of the list, is certainly up there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.