[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddhism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Hello,

I wish to understand something about Buddhism. We know that Buddhism is not willing to cater to the 'hard questions' because it considers them to fuel the chain of nibbana.

Throughout buddhist concepts, we find that Buddhahood is above Brahmahood, and that gods are trapped in "Being" as well as us, but on a different level.

Nirvana - or the True Enlightenment is actually the point of achieving "nothing".

Can Buddhism be considered as negating consciousness?
>>
File: image.png (287KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
287KB, 2048x1536px
>>2201665
/b/ walks the path.
>>
Define consciousness.
>>
>>2201665
>>Can Buddhism be considered as negating consciousness?
it negates your fantasy that consciousness can be relied on to be happy, that it is personal.
>>
>>2201665
It asks you to consider what is conciousness.

Buddhism often bemoans the fact that we are singular beings so we are limited to our understand of the world to a single mind. It borrows a bit from the ideas of Jain philosophy in how we are all convinced that our perspective is a defining perspective. This is where our emotions and feelings start to cloud real logic and the reality of nature.

So conciousness is very much an active part of Buddhism, the cynicism towards it emerges from the realization that we are the worst liars in the world to ourselves. Confirmation bias will make you believe what you want to believe, not what is "fact" and "truth".
>>
>>2201665

It exposes consciousness as the somewhat illusory thing it is. It's extremely easy to think of our consciousness as being our "us-ness", and as being something if not solid then at least enduring. Buddhism (or, more accurately, meditation) reveals this not to be the case, that your "you-ness" is not tied up in something as trivial as consciousness, and that making the mistake that it is will lead you to all manner of unnecessary suffering.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.