[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should all ethnicities have their own ethnostates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: map_central_asia.jpg (290KB, 1324x1044px) Image search: [Google]
map_central_asia.jpg
290KB, 1324x1044px
Should all ethnicities have their own ethnostates?
>>
yes except white people fuggggg white people xD
>>
Because you havent said why they shouldnt
>>
>>2199637

Not necessarily, provided they have sufficient local autonomy and sufficient national representation.
>>
>>2199637
No. There's absolutely no reason they should.
>>2199641
>Show a negative.
>>
>>2199641

So you default to "yes"? Huh. How about you give me all your money? Afterall, I haven't given you a reason NOT to :^)
>>
Only Israel
>>
>>2199637
>Chärjew
>>
>>2199637
Only the jews desu
>>
File: 1467981996891.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467981996891.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>2199664
>Until 1929, the city was known in Russian as Dyushambe (Russian: Дюшaмбe, Djušambe), and from 1929 to 1961 as Stalinabad (Tajik: Cтaлинoбoд, Stalinobod).
>Stalinabad
>>
Probably, but Africa for example is always going to be screwed because they're not willing to redraw their borders so it makes sense
>>
Yup
>>
>>2199661
>>2199669
Oy vey
>>
>>2199637
Not necessarily, as long as they are sharing state with similar ethnicity, instead of sharing it with completely different one that could suppress their own individualism if they are minority (Lusatia in Germany, while it would work better for them to be in Poland/Czech Republic), or if they are with completely different one that is detrimental for the cooperation between them (Belgium).
>>
>>2199637
No, nation state was a meme pushed by the Jews to make Europe irrelevant and plunged into war. Then after even nation states turned on them they started pushing globalism.
>>
>>2199637
no it is too messy, plus ethnicities come and go away.

There are no more Scythians, Phoenicians, Aztecs, Goths etc.
>>
>>2201364
aztec was never an ethnicity, just because the empire fell doesn't mean the spaniards wiped out everyone in central america
>>
>>2201308
How would you even do that nowadays?. Any attempt at full balökanization of Africa would probably end in evern more bloodshed because every tribe land claims would overlap with others. Its just fucked down there.
>>
>>2201388
More precisely, Aztec culture ceased to exist, but the Tenochca or Mexica (Tenochtitlan residents) still survived, though many mixed with the Spaniards over centuries. The term Aztec is broad and nebulous. They were Nahuas who comprised of different "tribes" who held their own city-states. Aztec and Tlaxcala for instance were two enemies but were both of the Nahua ethnicity.
>>
>>2199637
No, that would be awful and chaotic.
>>
>>2201448
Well the borders they have now are just arbitrary lines drawn on a map 150 years ago to delineate Euro clay, radical land distribution along ethnic lines should have happened right after the independence period in the 50s and 60s but now these retarded countries are so entrenched that it's not really plausible anymore
>>
>>2199637
Should is a strong word.
>>2199645
This is your answer.
Such states arise under specific circumstances, if it happens it happens. External factors play a role as well. If it's beneficial to a powerful state's politics to encourage (and fund) the creation of a new country, it can happen and it has happened in the past.
Step one: Decide you want a country somewhere
Step two: Fund the local ethnic majority to rise up and give them supplies for justice and liberty and shiiet
Step three: They have a war of independence
Step four: Congrats, you've got yourself an allied/buffer etc. country.
>>
File: African Ethnic Groups.jpg (189KB, 798x900px) Image search: [Google]
African Ethnic Groups.jpg
189KB, 798x900px
>>2201471
This ahistorical abomination is probably less sustainable than Africa's current boundaries.
>>
File: Ethic Africa.gif (169KB, 988x536px) Image search: [Google]
Ethic Africa.gif
169KB, 988x536px
>>2201471
Clearer
>>
>>2201486
Man, I kinda want to see what Africa would have been like if they managed to coalesce into real nations on their own. The continent is currently so ugly with its huge, stupid borders based on old colonial territories.
>>
>>2201518
In the cases did (Ethiopia, Egypt, several West African kinngdoms, Cyrene) they were all multiethnic. Ethnic nation states are a meme, even Slovakia has ethnic tension with a Hungarian and Gypsy minority.
>>
No. Revanchism will ensure constant warfare.

Nation-states were a mistake.
>>
>>2201523
Yeah I knew about Etheopia, and ethno states are rare and often just lead to problems of their own. But generally multi-ethnic nations arise when ethnic groups manage to reach equilibrium on their own rather than being thrown together often with an artificial hierarchy imposed among them.
>>
>>2201523
Slovakia isn't never really a nation state though, not even on paper. It was always multikulti.
>>
File: African HIStorian.png (996KB, 1871x2650px) Image search: [Google]
African HIStorian.png
996KB, 1871x2650px
>>2201533
>But generally multi-ethnic nations arise when ethnic groups manage to reach equilibrium on their own
The African states kind of did. Its just that without Europeans holding it together, rebellions occurred.
>>
>>2199637
Not practical
Or even necessarily beneficial given geopolitical concerns
>>
>>2201539
We can change it to the Baltics (Russian minority) Rumania (Hungarian and gypsies minority) or just about any example. If your criteria excludes all of those, than no state is mono-ethnic which only proves the point its a lofty and silly concept.
>>
>>2201518
It would be like Europe
Some people would be assimilated and abandon their language and culture
Others would just stay an accepted minority
Others would be subjugated and never gain independence
And it would only really be politically stable after many bloody wars

Or maybe it wouldn't be like Europe and a huge empire would gobble up all of of sub-Saharan Africa.
>>
>>2199640
>whats Europe
>>
>>2202071

he didn't say they didn't. he said they shouldn't. I agree. fuck wh*tes
>>
>>2199637
States should be defined as primarily for the main ethnicity, but every ethnicity having a state would be impractical.
>>
>>2202159
Shitskin detected
>>
>>2199637
In the old world? Sure, though I think big, important cities would be kept cosmopolitan if they're supposed to keep being relevant.

In the new world, ethnicities are a meme.
>>
>>2201360
Europe had been at war with itself for centuries before nationalism became a thing, /pol/.
>>
>>2199637
I declare myself as part of a brand new ethnicity, give me land and statehood now
>>
>>2203837
Hello there Bosnia
>>
>>2203801
>In the new world, ethnicities are a meme.
tell that to Yugoslav bois
>>
>>2201506
Many of these ethnicities you see on these maps are extremely similar and shouldn't even be considered ethnicities.
>>
>>2203726
what if he is a gook?
>>
>>2201486
Do you have a version of this which is readable?

>>2201506
>Dividing Somalis into 5 or so different groups.
>>
>>2204960
Somali is like Arab, or Slav, different ethnicities in one ethno-linguistic group
>>
>>2202071
you been to Paris lately?
>>
>>2205246
What about Eastern Europe?
>>
>>2203854
do you know what new world means
>>
>>2204980
Not really lol. They are all basically the same.
>>
>>2201550
I've always hated these one size fits all post caps. Just fucking throw sources instead of writing out a shitty summary.
>>
>>2199637
If you can neatly divide the entire human race into discrete, mutually-recognized ethnicities without an absolutely catastrophic global war, then at that point it would just be smarter to put you in charge of everything since you're apparently more capable than the whole human race combined.
>>
>>2205751
>basically
key
>>
>>2199637
>all ethnicities

No, not all. Just the ones who kill each other, and then only for a few generations until they can grow the fuck up.
>>
>>2202071
>what is a joke
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.