[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caligula

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Bitch.jpg (148KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch.jpg
148KB, 686x385px
Real talk /his/, why did it take so damn long to put this little punk down? Did he have ANY friends at any level of society?
>>
His big and strong German guards
>>
>>2198685
Didn't he cuck and fuck his guard too?
>>
>>2198679
He bought off the praetorian guard which kept him safe for his rule. He also effectively used fear to keep the senate and upper classes in check. It took something drastic (his moving to alexandria) to move provide motive, his loss of favor with the praetorian guard to provide the means.
>>
>>2198679
this >>2198685

roman emperors made use of the brutish servile instincts of the germanic to control palace politics
>>
Take any material written about the later Julio-Claudian emperors with a fraction of a grain of salt
>>
Couldn't any general or even senator just convince a legion to march in and fuck him up? They would be in the right, and it would be an opportunity to become emperor
>>
>>2198724
Being a usurper is a precarious business. If you just march in and declare yourself emperor, whats to stop someone else from doing the same? Even if you are just fine, your dynasty will struggle for legitimacy for a long time. To summarize, usurping often invites later usurpers
>>
>>2198733
Sure, but didn't Rome villainize the shit out of tyrants? Whoever offed him could have put anyone in power or just let the chips fall, but I think Caligula was so horrible, even the person leading the assassination could have taken the throne for himself. Either way, I can't help but think there were Simple Solutions available given Rome's history of fighting tyranny and Caligula's unpopularity
>>
>>2198768
>caligula was so horrible

As I said earlier in this thread, take writings about the later Julio-Claudian dynasty with a grain of salt. There wasn't even the slightest taboo about propaganda in Greco-Roman cultures
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.