[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

doing some thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1480572762833.jpg (56KB, 320x317px) Image search: [Google]
1480572762833.jpg
56KB, 320x317px
do you think that persons "value" and "worth" is pretty shallow in todays society?

what are people judged by and who exactly sets a persons "value"?

do flashier skills and jobs have a higher value in society then real down to earth skills and jobs?

how would it effect society in the long run?
>>
Yes.

The jobs with the most exposure, whether creative or athletic, will naturally appeal to people more because it is their nature to exist through and for the public.
>>
>>2197047
I think shallow is perfect word for it, how your describing it leads to popularity which is shallow by nature.
>>
>>2197047
>do you think that persons "value" and "worth" is pretty shallow in todays society?
I think its meaningless. We are cogs for the machine to generate capital.
>what are people judged by and who exactly sets a persons "value"?
Two things. How much money you make = your worth. How much money you can make for someone else = your worth.
>do flashier skills and jobs have a higher value in society then real down to earth skills and jobs?
Yes
>how would it effect society in the long run?
We'll revolt against it or be replaced by a people who will.
>>
woooooooow rely mek u thank
>>
>>2198386
i think you just scratch the surface here from your point of view, if someones value is determined by money what would it say about a person that volunteres from his own free will?
doesnt he has a value for those who he helps?
>>
>>2197047
There is no "value" for an individual, you must define the observer

A kind old woman in a small town is beloved by everyone she knows, but since she isn't famous the whole nation couldn't care less. In contrast, a celebrity whom people have mixed feelings about is more valuable to the whole cultural sphrere, but less valuable than the woman for the people who immediately know her. Thus to come to a conclusion on what you wish to be you must figure out to whom you want to be valuable.
>>
>>2199277
Yeah but you can calculate that worth in terms of USD if you wanted.
>>
>>2197047
Only sheeple care about their value in a society

I couldn't care less if I am not contributing to some failing system, all that matters is my own happiness
>>
>>2199683
This
>>
>>2199683
what about the value you have for your family? last time i checked a family is consideted part of society.
will you have some value for your family if your a bum that does nothing all day? or if youre CEO but all you care is your hapiness and wont take care of your family?
>>
>>2199277
Not by our sociteies stand point, but maybe by a silent majority.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.