[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Funniest Historical Figure thread. Jean Bedel Bokassa, crowned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: jean-bedel-bokassa.jpg (219KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
jean-bedel-bokassa.jpg
219KB, 640x436px
Funniest Historical Figure thread.

Jean Bedel Bokassa, crowned emperor of Centrafrica imho wins hands down with everyone in recent modern history. I kek everytime i pronounce his name and title
>>
>had a class of schoolchildren executed because they didn't like the uniforms his wife had made for them
is Bokassa /ourguy/?
>>
>>2196156
He tried to replicate the crowning ceremony of Napoleon but the horses that were to pull the imperial carriage and had been specially imported from France quickly died of heatstrokes so he had to finish by car. The whole thing was a hilarious disaster.
>>
>>2196258
He rented the fucking Courassier Corp from France.
>>
>>2196270
>tfw you party so hard you nearly bankrupt your country
>>
>>2196214
now this sounds as pure anti-Bokassa propaganda
he was also accused of cannibalism and never a credible source was provided
>>
>african leader puts on tribal gear and bangs some drums
>"Haha stupid nigger larping We wuz Kangz"
>african leader emulates high civilization and the coronation ceremony of a European monarch
>"Haha stupid nigger larping We wuz Kangz"

really solidifies my sugar
>>
>>2196286
The guys spent 20 bilion dollars on the Crowning Cerimony, in a country that at the time (1977) had a nominal GDP of around 500 milion dollars.

Kek.
>>
>>2196156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnAlfDzl8c
Alternatively if your sense of humour is demented like mine, Vlad the Impeller is a pretty fun figure.
>>
File: jean-barthelemy-bokassa-032.jpg (183KB, 567x850px) Image search: [Google]
jean-barthelemy-bokassa-032.jpg
183KB, 567x850px
>>2196305
Spotted the Jean-Barthelemy Bokassa.
>>
Is he, dare I say it, our guy?
>>
>>2196309
>african leader emulates high civilization and the coronation ceremony of a European monarch
More like african leader badly emulate high civilization and the coronation ceremony of a European monarch and bankrupts his kingdom in doing so.
>>
File: herwigphoto01.jpg (76KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
herwigphoto01.jpg
76KB, 650x433px
>>2196156
I have a challenger.

Saparmurat Niyazov, Former "President for Life" of Turkmenistan

>Declared himself "Turkmenbashi", Father of All Turks
>Declared himself President for Life
>Had the UN General Assembly issue a weird as fuck declaration accepting Turkmenistan as a "permanently neutral state" in 1995
>Banned all books and libraries from the capital except the Quran and his own book, the Ruhana
>Banned all dogs from the capital city, reports say the existing dogs were all culled by his army
>Banned long hair and beards
>Discouraged gold teeth, urging the population "to chew on bones" to grow stronger teeth
>Banned news anchors from wearing makeup because he "couldn't tell the females from the men"
>Renamed streets, cities and even a meteorite after himself
>Renamed the months of the year after chapters from his book
>Suddently cut off the pensions of one third of senior citizens. When news reported that seniors were dying of hunger he dismissed the report and expelled the foreign journalists.
>Created a new Latin alphabet for Turkmenistan and forbade the use of cyrillic
>>
>>2196309
Priorities, man. Get your country out of the shitter and then you can have a neat coronation ceremony.

Or just become a sub-national monarch like all the other pre-colonial African kings did. Those guys have it easy.
>>
>>2196309
half of the gdb went into that eagle
>>
>>2196377
He didn't bankrupt his kingdom though.
>>
>>2196407

He did spend the entirety of that years development aid to his coronation ceremony which was about 30% of the government's budget if I recall correctly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.