[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Political spectra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 17.png (7KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
7KB, 600x500px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_spectrum

What's the ""best"" one? How can a ""best"" political spectrum even be defined? Should there be three axes, or even four, rather than just two?
>>
>>2192540
Fundementaly flawed because it only measures differences between simularities and not simularities or differences between individuals.
No one can be accurately reduced to catagorical simularities.
Funny human maladaptation is to reduce parts of a system that are interconnected by causal interaction and the environment they function in, down to constituent members like groups that are defined and connected by catagorical simularities.
May have helped us make sense of the world as wild animals but in today's self-imposed evolutionary novel habitat, this fundamentally inaccurate view of the world around us directly threatens our survival as a species, by causing us to exploit the world unsustainably. The systems that allowed us to get here were lost in the process.
Essentially, the reductionist worldview has turned itself into a evolutionary anachronism. An adaptation that caused itself to turn into a maladaptaion by destroying the environment it adapted to.
We're all devo.
>>
The hypercube that Nationstates uses is pretty good.
>>
I'd say like 5 or so axes are necessary: with rough labels, a liberal/social one (to what extent should the government be active in the economy), an interventionist/isolationist one (to what extent should the government involve itself in foreign affairs), a totalitarian/libertarian one (to what extent citizens should be able to challenge the government), an autocracy/anarchy one (to what extent the government should be able to control citizens in matters not directly related to the existence of the government itself), and a nationalist/globalist one (to what extent government should focus on its citizens to the exclusion of foreigners).

I'd score myself as social/isolationist/centrist (speech regulation is no good, but bring on the surveillance)/anarchist (though having values is great, they shouldn't be enforced by the state)/nationalist on this scale, but the traditional 2-axis approach would have the four non-economic axes interfere with each other and say that I'm something vaguely centrist, which doesn't really tell the whole story.

(The difference between the third and fourth planks is that the third talks about security-related things like surveilance, speech, gun rights, and treatment of whistleblowers, while the fourth talks about ultimately arbitrary factors like alcohol/drugs, abortions, gay marriage, and so on.)
>>
File: NationStates.png (76KB, 726x657px) Image search: [Google]
NationStates.png
76KB, 726x657px
>>2192652
>not posting it
>>
>>2193526
load of shit
>tyranny by the majority
kekin
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 720x720px
>>2193526
>free market paradise
>anarchy
>>
>>2193526
>hypercube
>it's actually just a regular cube
>>
File: 1700France.gif (28KB, 791x414px) Image search: [Google]
1700France.gif
28KB, 791x414px
>>2192540

This is the one and only original political spectrum

(and an analysis of where current US political parties lie on it)
>>
>>2193718
>tiny fringe right wing groups fill the entirety of the political spectrum with themselves and call all actually relevant parties fringe

This is so cute.
>>
>>2193718
americans_trying_to_understand_politics_and_image_formats.gif
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.