/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slavic Paganism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 47-slavic-pagan-beauty.jpg (274KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
47-slavic-pagan-beauty.jpg
274KB, 680x453px
I want to learn more about Slavic Paganism
Please recommend some good sources, books, videos, articles, essays, whatever

Thank you
>>
>>2191822
What mod of Skyrim is that ?
>>
>>2191822
The Witcher saga.
>>
>>2191822
We pretty much don't know shit and 95% of the stuff we "know" was just made up in the 19th and 20th century based on a 5% core we sort-of-kind-of know something.
>>
>>2191852
This.
>>
Lost to the ages, some traditions remain but nobody knows the context.
>>
>>2191852
>>2191869
>>2191880

That's a shame

Thanks
>>
>>2191822
We worship a dead kike on a stick now, get on with the ages, who cares about some forest tree-fucking demons?
>>
All I know is of the main groups active in Russia one believes Slavs came from other space and the other says they wrote the Vedas.
>>
Slavic neo-pagans believe that Jews created fire so that their mystikal vegan ancestors would start eating cooked meat and would therefore be more controllable.
>>
>>2191822
Just play Witcher 3. It's literally suffused with Polish/Slavic paganism and folklore.

>>2191852
Bullshit: the post
>>
>>2191852
>he doesn't experience trances in which he sees his past lives

Enjoy being blind.
>>
File: 0001156895_l_0_rfspm2.jpg (166KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0001156895_l_0_rfspm2.jpg
166KB, 682x1024px
>>2191852

theres ethnographic studies that most data comes from, they reconstruct things based on ethnic customs, surviving beliefs and the naratives of traditional songs and ceremonies, saint cults and so on

theres also people that go into topography and toponims, and so find stuff about how the cult places were oriented and organised geographicaly and how this repeats itself from region to region, has a lot to do with how and where 'starokrščanske' churches are built and oriented star and sun vise, and how that might correlate with or add to the myth

its not much but its interesting stuff, theres a general overview of what it could have been like sort of, but no real detail like neo-fagans would like, even tho they literaly found their beliefs and practices on same ethnographic studies

the real problem tho is its practicaly impossible for the average anon to lay hands on that literature, even in pdf, and hardly any of it is translated into english, or even other slavic, students that actualy have related couses often have trouble getting the literature

i for one never read it, i just found exerpts, summaries, theres a couple documentaries, keep telling myself one day ill go to the student library in zagreb and take out a copy and turn it into pdf and put it online, but then it never happens

one of the most respected authorities around here is a guy called vitomir belaj, so you can start from there, but you can find all that basic info on wikipedia
>>
Paganism is literally WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHIET
>>
>>2194939
but the ruthenia was ruled by vikangz and shit
there is also a theory that first historical prince of poles was vikangz or whatever
>>
>>2191822
Here's a nice collection of texts on various topics including mythology but also toponymy, folklore etc. Some go in depth not only on pre-Christian but also pre-Slavic traditions and mythology. Unfortunately, the texts are written in several different languages so you may have some problems with them.

http://sms.zrc-sazu.si/En/kazalo.html
>>
>>2195179

jebo mater thanks a lot
>>
>>2191852
True, but only if you disregard ethnographic studies, Byzantine, Frankish and Holy Roman takes on Slavic polytheism.The data is vast, but the problem is the lack of available literature for the average reader and man to get his hands on.

Besides, no one takes the book of Veles seriously, not even die-hard Pan-Slavists.
>>
>>2194949
>there is also a theory that first historical prince of Poles

Largely refuted and given little to no attention, due to lack of evidence.

And the Varangians may have been Scandinavian, but the Rurikid dynasty that ruled over the Rus' was of Finno-Baltic origin, they've even subjected themselves to slavicization after a generation or two.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.