[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoo in a dead ass alphabet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_126.png (4KB, 424x174px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_126.png
4KB, 424x174px
>TL;DR
need to write in PROPER elder futhark for a tattoo design

i am trying to learn how to PROPERLY write in elder futhark, for a tattoo design,

this guy in the shop asked for a design to be drawn up in the runic language,

but ive come to find out there are multiple (Wrong) ways to write it,

i don't wanna fuck this guys tattoo up,
anyone got a guide or site to help? thank you

pic related, theres no way thats accurate right?
>>
Just learn the language bruh
>>
Edgy and laaaaaaaaame
>>
>>2190445
What language does he want the phrase in? What is the phrase he wants?
>>
>>2190445
>this guy
aka you
>>
>>2192127
This. OP is trying to prevent his thread from being derailed about how faggy and tryhard his tattoo is.
>>
>>2190445
If he is asking for it, why not let HIM figure it out? what the fuck
>>
>>2192442
This. If it's really not for you, have the guy do it himself. You do it this way and you're to blame for any translation errors.
>>
Do you want it to be said in Old Norse, or just English with the Elder Futhark script?
If the later, it's as simple as just sounding it out.
If the former, you'd want to go back and make sure everything is spelled correctly. Which will be tedious.
>>
>>2190445
>forever a berserker
just wait until you hit 16 and think this through again
>>
>>2190445
Don't get a runic tattoo, you'll get mistaken for a neonazi
>>
File: 1483106082916.jpg (71KB, 475x476px) Image search: [Google]
1483106082916.jpg
71KB, 475x476px
>>2193832
>mistaken
>>
>>2190445
If thats the tattoo he wants hes clearly not old enough to be getting one. Dont worry about fucking it up, the whole idea is fucking stupid
>>
>>2193864
To be fair to the guy, I really, REALLY wish I could where a Thunor's hammer pendant with a fylfot/swastika on it. I'm not a pagan, I'm not a Nazi, that's just the most common ethnic/cultural symbol in Anglo-Saxon England.

I've instead settled with a hammer/cross pendant based off one they found in Iceland, pic related. Probably won't even where it, since it's the necklace version of those wolf tee shirts.
>>
>>2194078
>Thunor's hammer pendant with a fylfot/swastika on
>the most common ethnic/cultural symbol in Anglo-Saxon England.

That's a lie.
>>
>>2194086
Alright, you got me.
I meant to say pre-Christian Anglo Saxons, essentially those in Kent and East Anglia.

While we're at it, where can I find that specific shape of cross for sale as a necklace? I'd love to buy one. And would probably wear it.
>>
File: Alnmouth.jpg (48KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
Alnmouth.jpg
48KB, 736x490px
>>2194095
https://www.google.com/#q=st+cuthbert%27s+cross+jewellery
>>
>>2194107
Man, it's hard to find one that isn't obnoxious, thanks anyway though.
>>
File: 1480295103708.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480295103708.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>2194143
NP.
>>
This is the equivalent of a nigger getting a "we wuz kangs" Egyptian tattoo.
>>
>>2192442
>>2192498

I third this notion. I would also recommend you take this time and energy and channel it into learning Chinese, if only so you can accurately tattoo "I'm a smelly jew" in kanji when they ask for proud warrior or whatever.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.