[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Morality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Do animals experience, or have Morality?

Does that mean animals are also subject to spiritual growth, karmic punishment and reward, and Divine judgement?

What would the role of Angels have been before humanity existed?
>>
>>2189264
>What would the role of Angels have been before humanity existed?
Getting God beer, changing the channel, and massaging His feet.
>>
>>2189264
There is something like a proto-concept of fairness in some social critters like macaques.

"You hand me the tool I need to acquire this food and I'll share this food with you after."

"I paid a token the same as the other monkey, how come the man in the lab coat is giving me a lower quality treat? This makes me upset!"
>>
Squirrels are very kind to orphan squirrels iirc
>>
>>2189264
'Morality' is a human concept an not applicable to other animals.

They help others in their group as it is socially evolutionarily beneficial.

The other concepts you mentioned, 'spiritual growth', 'karma', and 'judgement' are again human inventions are do not actually exist.

>>2189297
'Fairness' is a human concept wrapped around the base, animal instinct to help the animal herd/group somewhat.

>>2189307
Squirrels cannot be 'kind'; their 'kindness' is what humans call the squirrels' mutual benefits to help the propagation of the animal.
>>
>>2189417
That seems uncalled. Our behavior is no less detached from the evolutionary process than the behavior of any other organism. We know what that anon meant by "kindness", defining it has a human-specific trait doesn't really let me understand human kindness or the "squirrel's mutual benefits to help the propagation of the animal" any better.
>>
>>2189439
What humans call 'kindness' is simply a wrapper about the concept of 'benefit your neighbour sometimes, as that neighbour may benefit you, therefore helping to propagate the species'.

I knew what he meant by 'kindness', but the fact remains, squirrels cannot be 'kind'. Humans just think they are.
>>
>>2189264
Do capitalists experience morality?
>Angels
>/Christianmingle/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.