[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about extinction of Indus Valley Cilvilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Indus-valley-civilization1.gif (26KB, 460x250px) Image search: [Google]
Indus-valley-civilization1.gif
26KB, 460x250px
What could be the explanation of extinction of such a perfect civilization?
>>
>>2188464
>perfect civilization
>perfect

With that aside, the IVC was pretty damn interesting for a civilization. With working plumbing and large cities for it's time, and having an estimated 5-10 million people around the 2000 BCE era.
The most likely theory it completely fell apart and was replaced by the newer Indo-Aryan cultures was probably climate change. According to the theory, the Indus region was significantly greener and tamer at the time the IVC thrived. Due to such things as change in monsoon regions and droughts and the likely violence and migration as a result, the IVC would slowly die out.
>>
>>2190055
Actually, I meant an estimated population of 2-10 million in range. Sorry.
>>
>>2188464
Archaeologists have found evidence indicating that the IVC didn't actually conduct warfare on a large scale. So, incidentally, one of the leading theories on their disappearance is invasion.
>>
>>2190101
There's more proof that they fell from global warming then this desu. It matches the time of the changing atmosphere perfectly.
>>
>>2188464

Probably bad farming practices combined with a change in the climate.
>>
>>2188464

climate change :^)
>>
>>2190101
>leading theory is invasion
Nah, thats the old aryan invasion theory. Modern geological data shows that its much more likely the droughts and climate change slowly destroyed their civilization over centuries

The migration from aryan might have actually saved the Indus Valley civilization (informs of religions like Buddhism/Jainism/yoga )
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.