[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 17

>>
>>2187040
Not much. Besides Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan, the Midwest is a decent place to live.
>>
>>2187040
Automation and farm subsidies
>>
>>2187040
Shitty sports teams
>>
are the houses really that cheap out there?

I've lived in NYC my whole life I'm thinking of buying a house out there outright I don't even care if I end up with a shit job out there as long I have a house free and clear.
>>
>>2187043
Speaking as lifetime Ohio resident, basically this. That and jobs going overseas.

>>2187074
Compared to NYC, the cost of living as a whole is way fucking cheaper.
>>
>>2187101
When did gov begin poisoning the Great Lakes?
>>
>>2187074
Depends on the area.

I mean it's definitely less jewy than new york and you've got variance in the real estate prices.

I wanna be a jew though some i'm moving to New York when I can.

Super ideally, you can get a job at a place 40 minutes from a nice home since there's not nearly as much traffic unless you work 9-5, at which point you'd be forced to eat out every day to avoid rush hour.
>>
>>2187110
I wouldn't fuckin know, I live in southern Ohio. I've never been to the Great Lakes
>>
It'll be the only region with water in 25 years. The Mexican hordes will try to detach it from the rest of the US, just to survive the coming Ash Age.
>>
File: 1472835691455.jpg (30KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
1472835691455.jpg
30KB, 472x461px
Would you rather live in the worst neighborhood in Chicago or the nicest neighborhood in Caracas?
>>
>>2187128
dunno where caracas is, but if you don't pretend to be poor all your shits gonna get stolen.
>>
>>2187110
leafposter here
hey its OUR Great Lakes buddy

...and it might be our fault for dumping in them...
>>
>>2187134
Venezuela
>>
Ohio is not the mid-west.

t. Nebraskan
>>
>>2187138
The answers chicago suburbs since you could at least crash with somebody and do factory work or something.
>>
>>2187040
As a resident of Minnesota, I feel fine. The economy here is pretty good, even during the recession. The public schools and roads are also better than any of the other states highlighted on the map.
>>
>>2187128
Caracas

You have a 25% of being robbed/attacked on any given day in Englewood. Had Richard M. Daley not built the expressways to seal off the blacks from the rest of the city, the rest of the city would be third world today.

>inb4 it already is XDDDDD
>>
File: Northwest-territory-usa-1787.png (61KB, 349x276px) Image search: [Google]
Northwest-territory-usa-1787.png
61KB, 349x276px
>>2187140
Ohio is probably the most midwestern state alongside Michigan since it was a part of the original Northwestern territory to which the term "midwest" was first applied.

If I'm generous then the midwest ends with Iowa.
>>
>>2187040
Amerindians.
>>
>>2187156

Do you live on the East Coast, by chance?
>>
>>2187071
>Packers
>Cavs
>Blackhawks
>Cubs
>Cardinals
>Royals
>Red Wings
>>
>>2187179
No. The word midwest was always equal to the Great Lakes region, I have no idea why people also include those shitholes in the plains.
>>
>>2187140
It is.
>>
>>2187186

It's just that we have a lack of a better sounding term. The "midwest" is split into West North Central ( Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota), and East North Central ( Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin). It's interesting to talk to people from say Kansas and they will say that Ohio is nothing like them, and probably the other way around.
>>
>>2187197
I've always wondered if culture actually exists in between states. I know californians are a lot more slutty than midwestern people but that's about it.
>>
>>2187199
But anon, everyone knows that USians have no culture.
>>
Considering the Great Lakes region is largely east of the Mississippi River, wouldn't that make it the Mideast?
>>
>>2187186
You're like the Polack who gets buthurt when people refer to Poland as part of Eastern Europe instead of Central Europe
>>
>>2187199

They have culture, and they're more than just flyover states. However, they're still boring and the food generally sucks.
>>
>>2187197
Ohio is way too diverse. Western Ohio is very much like Kansas, nothing but corn, cows and small communities. Southeast is Appalachian hicks, Cleveland is basically Detroit 2.0 and Cincinnati is pretty much Kentucky.
>>
>>2187140
That''s where you're fuckin wrong, kiddo.

t. Ohioan
>>
>>2187040
Importing niggers and all kinds of non-European to work in factories.
>>
File: Rust-Belt1.png (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rust-Belt1.png
28KB, 300x300px
>>2187040
FTFY OP. Leave Minnesota and the patrician Dakotas out of your generalization.

t. very upper midwest
>>
>>2187143
Too bad that there are too many fucking somalis. Minnesota are retarded.
>>
>>2187264
Stupid race obsessed faggot, you never even see them. They just live in the poor parts of minneapolis and drive taxis. The whole rest of the state is your precious white. Fuck you, pussy
>>
>>2187260
>all of Pennsylvania in the Rust Belt
If you're fine cutting out the UP, you should be fine cutting off part of Pennsylvania too, since I'm pretty sure that the eastern part isn't nearly as Rusty as the western
>>
>>2187264
This, Minnesota is shit. The twin cities are nothing but Hmongs and niggers while the rest of the state is just dull and depressing.
>>
File: welp.png (182KB, 992x1856px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
182KB, 992x1856px
>>2187281
t. wisconsin
>>
>>2187286
I'm not in the midwest.
>>
I grew up in Cleveland, OH, went to school in bumfuck Wisconsin and now I live in Minnesota. I love the cold as fuck winter and drinking beer and not having any Californians or New Yorkers around. Can confirm Midwest is Bestwest
>>
File: 607px-I_am_silly!.png (260KB, 607x600px) Image search: [Google]
607px-I_am_silly!.png
260KB, 607x600px
>>2187286
>>
>>2187271
That's where you're wrong. I live in a very nice suburb where somalis are being shipped in to live in apartments (the projects) next to walmart.

Also fuck you for being an elitist asshole. No one should have to deal with somalis, not even poor whites. They could have never come to America if it weren't for government programs and government paying for everything for them, including the plane ride over.
>>
>>2187286
i'm from neither of these states and this still gave me a hearty kek
>>
>>2187290
so shut the fuck up since you don't actually know anything

>>2187300
>very nice suburb
Good one. In Rochester, the malis all live in shitty apartments or project-tier housing, away from our "very nice suburbs"
I'm not even being elitist. You're just overreacting, like most people do on the internet. Jesus christ
>>
>>2187286
No, he's right. The twin Cities is full of hmongs, indians,somalis, and just regular blacks.
>>
>>2187326
where? fucking brooklyn park or north mnpls? No shit. I go to the cities all the time and I don't see nearly as many minorities as you people claim.

I was just at the mall of america a few days ago saw mostly white people. Hardly any somalis, hmong or anything, only a handful of twitter blacks.
>>
>>2187322
They shouldn't even be in america. Not a single taxpayer dollar should be spent to support them. The u.s. government is funding the destruction of america. I don't live in rochester. It's a half hour to an hour drive to Minneapolis from where I live.
>>
>>2187343
Woodbury.
>>
>>2187346
>the destruction of america.
fucking kek somalians cant even drive cars how are they gonna destroy america? pull up your pampers big boy
>>
>>2187349
ok, i know you're memeing now. i'm done here

>>2187346
>us gov funding the destruction of america
oh my. have you ever talked to a somalian? I bet you live in st cloud
>>
>>2187040
niggers
>>
>>2187381
Columbus OH here, Somalis are literal cancer and the worst subhumans in America bar none. All of them are involved in either drugs or terrorism, we had one hacking a Christian restaurant owner with a machete and another trying to kill a bunch of OSU students before getting shot, both tied to ISIS. Not to mention most of them are unemployed and rarely even speak English and their average IQ is like 65 or some shit. They are a literal tumor in human form.
>>
>>2187404
I'm from down between Dayton and Cincy. The only time I've ever gone to Columbus, a Somali-looking dude on a bike stopped near me when I was walking to a parking garage after dark, seemed to be asking in as subtle language as possible if I wanted to buy drugs, and left quickly when I said no.
>>
>>2187381
I'm not memeing. I live in woodbury. They fly in Somalis and give them apartments bordering walmart. Then they give them as much as they can give them free.
>>
>>2187040
Blacks
>>
>>2187376
You're an idiot. They will destroy America by merely existing in America. And because liberals will give them preference for everything and give them free stuff. Their birth rates guarantee that their children will be many, and their children will become terrorists.
>>
>>2187486
no dude YOU'RE an idiot. there are, at MOST, 150,000 somalians in the entire country. that's half of one percent of the population. we arrest ten times that many people every year. we've exterminated whole races. just because you have to live around black people doesnt mean its the end of america you underage retard
>>
>>2187509
Too many. It's not just somalis, it's hmongs, indians, hispanics, asians. Somalis are just the least amicable of that batch. You're an ads hole for wanting to allow any of them into america. You're an asshole for forcing posterity to have to compete with savages.
>>
>>2187529
>forcing posterity to have to compete with savages.
do you mean "prosperity?" even if you did that sentence still doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>2187535
No, I meant posterity. As in the dwindling amount of northern Europeans descendants in North america.
>>
>>2187539
>amount
Sorry meant to say proportion. But in some states the overall amount is actually dwindling.
>>
>>2187539
>northern Europeans
yeah all those damn slavs and italians coming over taking our jobs
>>
>>2187553
>Italians
Northern Italians are fine, don't care for sicilians
>slavs
Most are northern european.
>>
>>2187566
>don't care for sicilians
Wow cool, let's just create our whole immigration system based around your feelings then
>>
why isn't Montana and Wyoming not considered part of the Midwest?
>>
>>2187584
Can we please?
>>
>>2187042
Go fuck yourself

t. ohioan
>>
>>2187042
what do you have against lakes?
>>
don't think I need to say it
>>
>>2187973

Ohio is a rusty ugly place in the cities

outside of that it's simply flat farmland, not offensive, but boring

it's kind of America's poland
>>
>>2188305
Ohioan, can partially confirm. The urban centers are, from the ones i'm familiar with, doing their best with what they have.

This is a perfectly acceptable state to live in. Not something I'd personally aspire to but it's hard to go wrong with it
>>
>>2187272
The Northeast is definitely part of the Rust Belt, but I'd definitely chop away the Southeastern part of the state. He should include Western/Southern Tier New York too though since they're Rusty as fuck.
>>
>>2188305

It's changing. Don't know how long it's been since you've been around but the cities are gradually improving and finding a new identity outside of the old industrial focus. I would say Cbus and Cincy are actually on the nicer side now.
>>
>>2188359
>>2188305

Columbus was literally never a rust belt city.
>>
>>2188377

Not as bad as Cleveland but it had its degrees of it. The abandoned factories downtown were either demolished or renovated for gentrification.
>>
>>2188377
you're right, it was just shit to begin with

t. Cincinnati
>>
>>2188377

sure a stump may have a green shoot
>>
>>2188386
Yeah it's like two times richer than Cincinnati, ten times cleaner, with a good economy and much less blacks.

>inb4 b-but it's boring
>>
Midwest is great suck my cock
t.Ohio
>>
>>2188397
Well it is. If I were a non-native and told I had to take a vacation to Ohio, my first pick would probably be the shore of Erie or something, up near Cedar Point. But my second would be Cincinnati
>>
>>2188405

>midwest
>ohio
>>
>>2188407
Cincinnati is alright. Over the Rhine is a good place to drink these days and not a complete shithole
>>
>>2188412
You do not know what the Midwestern US is.
>>
>>2188407
I don't care about vacationing, central Ohio has the best living standards and is the only part of the state that isn't ass tier.
>>
>>2188412
Why do people keep trying to meme that we're not Midwest? You niggers probably look at the map and think "no way, ohio's too far east, it's called the midWEST"

That's what I thought too when I was like, eight years old.
>>
>>2187181
>Cubs
>Win one world series and a hundred years of being shit is forgiven
>>
>>2188435

It's more of a cultural thing. Culturally, we're very similar to Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska. Moreso than the East Coast. That's why we're classified in the same category.
>>
>>2187040
The end of the steel industry in the big cities and the Great Migration from the South.
>>
>>2188586

ohio is the now the mid west because it's what we of the east called the west back in the day
>>
>>2187040
nogs

see detroit, chicago, every other city on this planet
>>
>>2187221
>lighthouses & beaches
who /lakecounty/ masterrace here?

All you plebs will never understand the good life of living in idilic suburbs, 30 minutes from Amish, Cities, Farmlands, and lake
>>
>>2188571
If midwest teams are shit then what is the rest of the country? Cali teams are literal garbage right now with the exception of the Warriors.
>>
Who else /iowa/ here? I think I'll move out for a decade and then come back and start a business. Des Moines is great
>>
>>2187209
Shut up nigger I live in rural Illinois and it's only boring here during Sunday afternoon's when everyone's resting and mowing their lawns
>>
>>2187252
Where I live majority of the imported worker's are spics and eastern Europeans
>>
>>2187297
Midwest bros are always welcome in Illinois just stay away from Chicago and the quad cities
>>
>>2188756
Where is the best place to go in Illinois? I always assumed if I went there I would just go to a nice part of Chicago away from the nignogs but you seem to be constructing a different argument. Any other places with good jobs, specifically tech?
>>
>>2188794
I also mean living there when I say "go there"
>>
>>2188794
From personal experience it would be Galena, it's it's pretty small town but it has a large tourist industry since Chicago fags always go there in the summers unfortunately not a tech place but if you are looking for tech you could go to Chicago if you wanr to deal with nigga and liberals
>>
>>2188678
Im not who you were responding to. Just saying Cubs are hardly not shit because they won a world series.
>>
STOP MAKING FUN OF MY CITY FUCK YOU
>>
>>2188352

yeah, I've never even been to the northwest corner, let alone the coal eating north

it may as well be West Virginian for all its resemblance to our shires
>>
>>2188794

the best place to go in Illinois is through
>>
>>2188876

is it detroit or detroit lite?
>>
>>2188897
Chicago
>>
>>2188904

lite it is
>>
File: attempt.jpg (213KB, 1407x1274px) Image search: [Google]
attempt.jpg
213KB, 1407x1274px
>So many Ohioans in this thread
Greetings from the North
>>
>>2188921
What are these maps called
>>
>>2188931
I don't know if there is an official term, I'll just call them "interpretation maps," because it's just opinions/exaggerated stereotypes of the types of people who live in a region
>>
>>2188845
Except being a reigning champion literally makes them not shit, by definition. And I'm not even a Cubs fan.
>>
>>2188921
>Ann Arbor
>cocky
More like cucky. It's the most self-hating, blue haired SJW poz zone this side of San Francisco.
>>
>>2188921

is dearborn like europe?
>>
File: ohio.png (2MB, 2036x3604px) Image search: [Google]
ohio.png
2MB, 2036x3604px
>>2188921
>>2188931
>What are these maps called
A fetish.
>>
>>2189013
Highest population of Arabs/Muslims in North America
>>
>>2189020

what the fuck

I hate pastas now
>>
>>2187140
said the cunt from the plains
>>
>>2187221
Pilots needs to move up a county
>>
File: manufacturing.gif (31KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
manufacturing.gif
31KB, 400x321px
>>2187040
Automation. US manufacturing has actually significantly increased in recent years. But it doesn't matter for the purposes of employment. Retards don't understand this, manufacturing in the Midwest is never going to be anywhere near as employment-heavy as it used to unless you go full Luddite and force all the corporations to smash their machines.
>>
File: manufacturing.jpg (105KB, 1240x840px) Image search: [Google]
manufacturing.jpg
105KB, 1240x840px
>>2189072
>>
>>2187040
It's going to be made great again
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-autos-idUSKBN14N1T0
>>
>>2187040
Manufacturers bagan to hire them DAMN robots and machines that work for pennies and lube, while hard workin Americans starved.
>>
>>2187591
because those are western states you fucking knob
>>
>>2189078
>due to cheap prices the small car segment has been falling in sales whilst the trucks and SUVs have been increasing in sales
>as a result Ford cancelled their plans to build a new small car plant in Mexico, and instead will simply move its production to another factory in Mexico
>"look Trump stopped that factory from moving to Mexico"

Are Trump supporters literal retards?
>>
>>2189085
If you pay close attention, US politics is literally retards vs. everyone else.

They're not all on one party though.
>>
Minnesota here and everything's pretty nice here. Although ignore the poster before me, Somalis definitely have a presence and crime tends to come with it. He's probably Somali diaspora.
>>
>>2188794
Rockford, Illinois is the greatest city in the Midwest
t. Rockfag
>>
>>2187381
all of the somalians in sweden are like this:

recieve shitton of gibmedats for no reason
rape everything that walks
buy fancy shit because you're not developed to plan long term so you end up poor even though you recieve 2k euros per month for free
burn cars when you got some free time which means all day

I can safely say that somalis are the worst immigrants, one of the highest crime rates, shittiest culture, ugliest looking cases of deformed frog looking "humans", intelligence of slugs
>>
>>2189096
this
>>
>>2189149
This

Also I swear that all the non-criminal ones are like weird autists or some shit.
>>
>>2189101

you should like find a new state brah if you don't like the somalis

lmao
>>
>>2187040
I thought the Midwest refer to states around the great lakes.
>>
>>2189334
kys muhammad
>>
File: tumblr_mjw4p5DBey1rttre9o1_500.png (771KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjw4p5DBey1rttre9o1_500.png
771KB, 500x700px
>>2188921

The UP is a godsend of white people coastline and snow covered forest come wintertime. You will never find a more bizarr-o land of reasonably attractive people.
>>
Name 1 (One) redeemable thing about Ohio that's not Cedar Point
>>
>>2189580

Columbus
Cheap land
Having a Republican governor, legislature, and right leaning SC
>>
>>2188718

Fucking your truck or whatever it is you do there is not interesting.
>>
>>2189524

pardon me? but I am the governor! :^)
>>
>>2189082
But why?
>>
>>2189580
Cbus
>>
>>2189580
Gun laws
>>
File: 1483643790196.jpg (61KB, 659x427px) Image search: [Google]
1483643790196.jpg
61KB, 659x427px
>>2187140
Are you retarded
>>
>touches PA
>somehow is grouped with -west
>>
>>2189788

if it's past Pittsburgh it's west
>>
>>2189011
Ann arbor citizens are legit annoying though.

Royal oak wealth MASTER RACE.
>>
>>2188794
see this >>2188891

As someone who's lived in this state for 20+ years, its shit m8. I wouldn't choose to live here but if you absolutely have to move here for a job or something, here's the rundown:

Most good jobs are going to be in the city or the surrounding metropolitan area. If you travel ~50-60 miles in almost any direction from Chicago, you'll reach farmland/rural Illinois which is absolute shit.

Chicago is a decent city I guess, there definitely are some bad parts, but you could do worse. The food is pretty good. To compare Chicago to say... NYC, Chicago may have fewer high-end restaurants than NYC but pick a random restaurant in Chicago and on average it'll be better than a given NYC restaurant. Basically you're going to get a lot more "hits" than "misses" imo. Some of the metropolitan area outside Chicago has decent restaurants as well. Pretty much anything otherwise (rural Illinois) has shit which I don't recommend.

If you don't want to live in the city, there's the Metra train that goes into the city which a lot of people use to commute to work.

Outside of the Chicago metro is mostly shit with few exceptions:

-- Urbana-Champaign: being a major college town. Probably nice if you're in your 20s. Although I can't imagine anyone 30+ wanting to live their.

-- Galena: as >>2188840 said. I doubt there's a lot of jobs but it's a nice place to visit. It's one of the very few places with nice geography. Everywhere else in the state is flat as shit.

And that's probably about it. Rockford is a fucking dump. I've only passed through Quad cities a couple times but like Rockford it's probably a dump. Springfield has some sites to see but otherwise, as you guessed it it's..... a dump. I have some friends that moved to St. Louis for school but that's on the Missouri side. East St. Louis (in Illinois) is ghetto/trash/dump.
>>
>>2190155
(cont'd)

The weather here is shit and goes between extremes. It can get really fucking cold in the winter and it can get really fucking hot in the summer. The humidity can make it feel more shitty too. It's also cloudy/grey skies a lot of the time.

There's pretty much nothing to do except in the city. I honestly don't like most of the people here (don't hate them either). Just a lot of the people are boring and there's nothing really to do here but get fat and wither away.

As far as women, the dating market is fucking broke. Just go to into any Illinois thread on >>/soc/ and it consists entirely of guys that either want to shoot themselves from crippling loneliness or giving into homosex. Most of the women are fatties than even the alphas have to settle for fatties.

So that's about it. You'll hate pretty much everything about this state.

tl;dr everything here sucks and i want to die
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Indiana.svg.png (104KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Indiana.svg.png
104KB, 2000x1333px
>>2187040
Nothing.
Midwest is based.
WHO HERE /INDIANA/?
>>
The midwest has internet? Who knew..
>>
>>2187209
Why do people say this? Do you go out often? Do you spend all your time in bars or parks?
I have internet just as good as yours, so no, we're not boring.
>>
>>2190233

Name some fun things to do in Nebraska.
>>
>>2188586
Indy here, we're closest to Ohio, though, right?
>>
>>2190155
Naw m8 I live here in Galena and we have lots of jobs and job opportunities, there's the downtown area which is booming and your almost guaranteed a job down there and if you can't find one here your only 10 mins away from Dubuque which has 50k people in it and a ton of jobs
>>
>>2190183
Also I'll agree with you on the weather which is horrendous but I like the cold so I won't complain during the winter, but the girl thing is somewhat true, where I grew up there were some 7-10/10 girls and some of them still are but Jesus Christ is there a lot of fatties
>>
Is Chicago really this gang infested or is that a meme? Someone told me the gangster disciples run shut but someone else told me that most gangs are just of 10-30 people at most.

Is Chicago crime in general just a meme? I'd rather live there than Baltimore , Detroit or St Louis.
>>
>>2190235
Shitpost. Play videogames. Watch movies.
Outside? Hike, drink with close friends, I suppose.
Yeah, no bars, or anything, but only degenerates like those.
>>
>>2190295

You mean the same shit you can do literally anywhere?
>>
>>2190298
Yeah. Is there an issue? Do you need unique entertainment? I don't think it's a great vacationing place, but it's fine to live in.
>>
>>2190322

You don't get bored with the same entertainment? What about natural wonders you can visit? Historical sites? Mountains to skii on, oceans to swim in? Amusement parts to visit? Actually good and diverse choice in restaurants?
>>
>>2190349
I'm not a tourist.
>>
>>2190377

You think that people who live in San Diego don't go to the zoo, or the beach?
>>
>>2190385
I don't need to. Financial security and lack of crime make up for less sites to see.
>>
>>2187260
Yeah literally cut everything past pittsburgh.

Yes, even the parts up by scranton and reading, the hellholes they are, aren't rust belt. Pennsylvania is somehow doing very well, and not just in the southeastern counties.
>>
>>2187535
>he doesn't know what posterity means

I share a board with you? Holy fuck
>>
>>2187144
As so some who doesn't know anything about Chicago, explain to me how did the expressways seal off the negroes from the rest of Chicago? Wouldn't that just make it easier for them to travel to other parts of the city?
>>
>>2190155

yes, crossing the river from west to east St. Louis reminds me of Osgiliath
>>
>>2187120

Where at roughly, senpai?
>>
File: chester.jpg (279KB, 1200x789px) Image search: [Google]
chester.jpg
279KB, 1200x789px
>>2190499

although the southeast is the best part of the state by far
>>
>>2187120

>never been to the great lakes

how is that even possible? are you new here?
>>
>>2190220
Chicago/Detroit probably combine to a larger gdp than your country.
>>
>>2189580

Kings Island
>>
>>2190587
Literally a Hobbit's house.
>>
>>2190252

Fuck me, I forgot you guys haha

you're just Ohio+
>>
chicagoan here. I fucking hate it here. Too many people, most of whom are brainwashed libtards or criminals. The weather is fucking bipolar. Gun laws are ass backwards. Corruption and tax is crazy.
>>
>>2190624
No, you're just Indiana+.
>>
>>2187221
We are not Kentucky fuck you
>>
>>2190291
The picture is a bit complicated. Mostly depends where you live in the city. South side is infamous for its gun violence, hence the name "Chiraq". We have the most homicides out of any U.S. city, but there are cities that probably have a higher homicide rate. Although if you just singled out the south side... well I'd have no idea how that compares.

"Gang" violence today... well I don't know if you can even call it organized crime. In the worst places you probably you have a dozen or so people that "claim" a block or building and if you go over to the next block its controlled by some other "gang". People basically trying to kill each other for cred or to get onto WSHH. Probably contributed to the stupid niggers this week kidnapped and tortured an autistic white kid and livestreamed it for facebook.
>>
>>2190655

I have this really liberal girl I know from my school who's from Ohio but currently at Loyola, acting like she's all artsy and saying she's going to transform the educational system when she's a teacher (to magically make black kids learn tee hee).

She'll go on about complaining about "women's problems" and the occasional cop killing while the deadliest war zone in the United States is 2 miles away from her cushy apartment
>>
>>2189149
this
>>
>>2190215
Hoosiers unite! Helped Trump out of the primary and gave him the madman Mike Pence!
>>
>>2190698
muh nigga
>>
>>2188700
Yeah, I'm from Iowa too. Honestly, Des Moines is literally better that almost any other city to live in.
>>
>>2190722
>>2190722
Iowa? I'm from Waterloo, where u from anon?
>>
>>2190266
I'm skeptical of that claim of job opportunities specifically in Galena but you make a good point about neighboring Iowa (I've mostly passed through Dubuque)

I've periodically visited Galena over the course 20+ years. Shops open and close all the time, although I think I've seen stores close more often in recent years aside from a couple mainstays like Ivo's.

Otherwise, Galena seems dependent on tourism. As with other places in Illinois and the Midwest, many places that relied on the railroad (or the river) were crippled as time went on.

Anyway, at least Galena has tourism and neighbors Dubuque. Most cities in the state outside of the Chicago metro just slowly decay because of this (see Rockford).
>>
>>2189580
U.S. Grant came from there.
>>
>>2190722
Just adding on to my last post, W'loo is a piece of shit, never go there
>>
>>2187042
>>2188305
I live out in the country in northeast ohio, it's all large plots of forests and farmland. It's comfy as fuck, I just avoid the big cities, they're cancer.
>>
File: indiana.jpg (804KB, 2520x1955px) Image search: [Google]
indiana.jpg
804KB, 2520x1955px
>>2190215

I don't know anything about your state but that I couldn't see any schools in the sea of green farms that stretched to the flat horizon whenever I drove through it on the way to destinations yonder.

However, this place looks very pleasing to my eye.
>>
>>2190784
Are you saying we're uneducated? Of course you couldn't see schools in the middle of fields.
>>
>>2190784
>>2190816
Indiana has some great schools and universities.
>>
>>2190816

I'm saying that I could see for leagues and leagues in every direction due to the flatness, and all I did see was farm after farm.

I had to wonder, there are children in these farms surely, but I don't see any sign of where they're getting an education, so I presume they have bus rides from hell ever day.
>>
>>2190897
Oh, okay.
>>2190877
Yeah, we do.
>>
>>2188305
>>2187973
Just moved to Ohio from South Florida.

It is 1000% better than that shithole, which is not only the worst state in the Union but arguably one of the worst places on Earth period.
>>
>>2189580
6 Presidents have hailed from the state.

The western suburbs (North Olmsted, Strongsville, Parma) outside of Cleveland are pretty nice (I live in Olmsted).

Also, we have Melt.

That was 3, nerd.
>>
>>2187134
Santiago moron
>>
>>2188921
Ah, the UP. Even Finns have their own 'Plastic Paddies' in the New World.
>>
Columbus, OH, resident here. Bought a house in North Linden a couple months back and have yet to be shot or burglarized. I don't know if I lucked out and landed on one of the "good" streets.
>>
>>2191040

not an applicable term

sorry
>>
>>2190984
Presidents aren't something to be proud of.
>>
>>2188678
>not being New England master race
>>
>>2190730
It's not impossible to get a job here in Galena but you are right about shop closing a lot so it is somewhat difficult to hold a job here, but there are nor and more people moving here = more jobs. And I've kept the same job downtown for a few years now
>>
>>2191523
>New England
You mean specifically Massachusetts. Other New England states are literal whos with no teams.
>>
>>2189020
every fucking time hahaha
>>
>>2191346
Columbus is pretty low on crime compared the other metros. I used to live right next to the East Side which is THE nigger area of the city and the worst thing I experienced was a fat black lady begging for cash in front of the gas station.
>>
>>2187346
We are taking in fugees from a place we bombed. It is either humanitarianism or political posturing to make America seem morally superior to other nations. Anyways, now you know to not vote for politicians who will create these refugees
>>
>>2193654
I mean, we did have that guy who got shot in the park near me after some Somali shit stole his phone and he tried the wrestle it back. But that dumbass was playing Pokemon Go at night in a shitty neighborhood.
>>
>>2193700
>Somali
Yeah I can see why that's a problem. Even other blacks fucking hate the Somalis and push them out of their hoods the moment they appear.
>>
>>2190559

>Giant highway separates neighborhoods, makes it very difficult to cross from one to the other because theres a bunch of walls and cars in the way
>>
Are all the people in this thread poorfags? Honest question
>>
>>2194008
>elitist richfag
Go be a globalist elsewhere.
>>
>>2194017
Hey, I'm no lefty.

But your response adds evidence to my assumption.
>>
>>2194024
Your assumption is that we're all poor? You're trash for even caring. When I talk to someone online, I never ask myself how much that person makes or how much property they own. It shows that you're materialistic and vain. You may not be a lefty but you are equally obsessed with your image.
>>
>>2194058
Well, it's just that a lot of people obsess about black people or minorities or whatever, as if race was this huge deal. And it kinda is, sure, but I think class has a lot much bigger influence on how we treat others. It's not just an image thing; how wealthy you are really effects a lot about a person. To be honest, in many ways I look down on people who are poorer than myself. Not that that's always a good thing, but I do.
>>
>>2194074
I grew up in rural Iowa, and there will a few families that were quite well off, but we had friends across class and racial lines because 1) it's very boring here and 2) living in a rural community meant that we had wealthier families living next to poorer ones so the concept of divisions was more material than social. This is anecdotal, but it's what I generally remember. To your original question, poverty tends to be more common in rural areas, but it's less segregated and for people who willingly choose to live in such a small world, I find they are also more willing to help one another as well. Again, my own biased experience.

>To be honest, in many ways I look down on people who are poorer than myself.
That's truly unfortunate.
>>
Since when are the Dakotas, Kansas and Nebraska considered part of Midwest ? Thought they were part of Great Plains states
>>
>>2190235

Drive through it. Nothing else in that faggot barren ass land
>>
I'm thinking about moving to Ohio. I've been around the whole Midwest and lots of family lives in Ohio.

How is it outside and around Columbus? I've always thought it looked comfy to live outside the city.
>>
>>2187404
Lol
>>
>>2187040

>proximity to a great store of the world's fresh water reserves
>isolation in the interior of a continent controlled by powerful and newer States which are at a happy geographic remove from most of the rest of the world's states - witness for example the simple fact that Syria's "etc" refugees did not attempt crossing to these environs, except in the limited circumstances which we allow, and which shall presently be curtailed further
>foreigners are generally only interested to go to the coasts
>removal of the native populations (to their quarters) to allow for useful population was fully effected well before I personally was born
>brutal winter, which I have grown up with, personally enjoy and which does actively excite me, has the wonderful effect of discouraging normies and brown people
>high-trust white culture outside urban areas
>local sports teams periodically upset the coastal teams in ultimately meaningless yet sometimes fun-to-watch athletic competitions which become provisionally meaningful exactly because said competitions involve an underdog and unusual coverage of a franchise that doesn't normally receive such coverage

>it's not fucking 60-100+ degrees all the time. Only bad people like that type of weather on a constant basis.

Absolutely nothing at all. Go on preening about "relevance" or something, please.
>>
>>2187040
Why the fuck does Ohio get lumped into the midwest? It's in an eastern timezone.
>>
>>2194500

I live in the rural center of the state and I can confirm it's a pretty comfy place to live. My only real complaints are that it seems like 1/2 the state are OSU alumni and proud, and that Governor Kasich has his head up his ass at least 80% of the time.
>>
>>2194529
>refugees
>foreigners
These might not be present in Analfuck, Iowa, but the bigger cities are full of them. Clinton dumped a bunch of Somali refugees in Minneapolis and Columbus, Dearborn MI has the largest muslim percentage in the nation, many of the big cities are majority or close to majority black (Detroit, Milwaukee, Cincy, Cleveland, St. Louis) and all the cities are ultra fucking liberal except for maybe Cincinnati.

I honestly wish we were just "boringly white conservative flyovers" like the coasties view us but unfortunately the opposite is the case.
>>
>>2194629
Because the Midwest's origins are the Indiana Territory.
>>
>>2194074
You have fallen victim to Marxist propaganda.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.