[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do chinks have very minimal military history and tradition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 38

File: Second opium war.png (48KB, 313x627px) Image search: [Google]
Second opium war.png
48KB, 313x627px
Why do chinks have very minimal military history and tradition unlike europeans?

china never invaded:
>India
>japan
>south east asia.

Is their lack of military tradition and history proof they are inferior cucks who only fought when they had to defend?
>>
>>2186037
they didn't need to

last two were tributary states for most of their history
as for the first
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War
>>
File: IndianWar.png (49KB, 313x695px) Image search: [Google]
IndianWar.png
49KB, 313x695px
>>2186042
>small scale war in the 60s with less than 5000 deaths on both sides combined

Even Alexander killed more poo in loos 2300 years ago. You chinks were on the verge of an ancient extermination if it not were for alexander's early death.
>>
>>2186065
Its weird that you are scolding china for NOT sending their people into a meatgrinder

getting your fucking job done with only over 700 dead is quite the achievement in our modern world.
>>
>>2186037
>china never invaded south east asia
China literally invaded Vietnam right after the Vietnam War and Chinks got their shit kicked in.
>>
>>2186037
>inferior cucks

I immediately disregard posts with that overused meme buzzword. Think of another word, because everyone immediately thinks you're a fedora-tipping redditor.

>inb4 ur an sjw libcuck r u triggered lmao
Nope, I'm a conservative, and you can fuck right off to the other boards with your dork shit.
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: typical zeek.png (310KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
typical zeek.png
310KB, 1024x887px
>>2186257
>>
File: 1434717455855.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1434717455855.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>2186259
You're only further proving my point, faggot.
>>
The Chinese conquered the equivalent of the size of Europe if not more. Has any European empire owned the entire continent for more than 10 years?
>>
>>2186276
Rome?
>>
>>2186037
>chinks
>very minimal military history
>has like 12 of the 20 deadliest wars in human history
>has a "warring states" period in its history
>>
>>2186283
They didn't have the entirety of Europe but I admit that Rome is a good contender.
>>
>>2186276

plus if you add in the mongols who had china as sort of heartland they had conquered muuuuch more.
>>
>>2186037
>>2186042
>>2186115
A bit more complicated than that, especially in Imperial times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_domination_of_Vietnam

>Japan
The Tang dynasty fucked Yamato Japan at Baekgang when they were meddling in Korea, but apart from the failed Yuan invasion there's never been any reason to conquer Japan when they were willing participants in the tributary system (and greatly desired trade with China at that).

Could talk about the Han dynasty and the offensives against the Xiongnu, the Tang dynasty in inner/Central Asia, the Qing and the Dzungars etc.,

All of this stuff is on Wikipedia, which I thought OP would've at least checked given his penchant for posting images of wiki battle infoboxes.
>>
>>2186296
most of /his/ doesn't know shit about history outside of western Europe and America so they pretend it doesn't exist
>>
>>2186037
China's bigger and more populous than Europe on its own and they conquered that, what else do you want really? It's like complaining that the Romans didn't conquer Russia and using that as evidence that they suck.
>>
>>2186037
China does have a massive military history. 'China' wasn't even a country until fairly recently. It used to be hundreds of warring states and ethnic groups until they all united after centuries of conquest. I don't think you understand how big Asia is. Also there's the world's biggest mountain range between China and India, and one of the most violent seas between China and Japan.
>>
File: 安祿山.jpg (63KB, 656x454px) Image search: [Google]
安祿山.jpg
63KB, 656x454px
His fault
>>
>>2186042
>war
>meanwhile chinks get triggered every time 1967 is mentioned.
>>
yes china seems to know very little about the Art of War
>>
China was originally just along the plains of the Yellow River, but expanded with time mostly to the south and the western hills.

All of todays southern china south of the Yangze was non-chinese clay that has been conquered over time.
With the Qin and Han, the chinese went north of their defense line against the steppe barbarians and began to cuck them as well as vasalize the Koreans.
During the Three Kingdoms period southern china was completely sinefied (is that a word?) and their influence reached Vietnam, which became a province of the Jin Dynasty.
After reunification of the Sui and Tang they conquered (for a time) Korea and beat back japanese attempts to expand to the main land decisively. The Tang also brought the parts of central asia, that could be reasonable reached with pre-industrial technology under their control as well as pushed out the Turks from their steppes into the Middle East.
Under mongol rule invasions of southeastern asia, Burma, India and japan were launched, as well as Manchuria integrated into China.
The Ming took over Manchuria and Mongolia for good and annexed the non-chinese tribes in the today southwestern provinces (which were considered burmanese if I'm not wrong).
The Qing conquered the tibetan tribes and integrated the chinese side of central asia and Tibet into their empire.
Red China will gain the (rightfully theirs) Southern Chinese Sea
>>
>>2186257
This.
>>
>>2186406
I blame the /pol/ and /vg/ for this.
>>
>>2186065
>Alexander invades countryside backwater villages and claims he's conquered India when hasnt even crossed the Indus river
>his army revolts before he could even face a semi decent opponent.
>dies
>gets his daughter married to an indian king
>>
>>2186888
/pol/ is a huge problem with the endless shitty or "lolz so funy right?" threads we have here, but certainly is not responsible for a general lack of understanding for basic chinese or indian history
>>
>>2186037
The fuck are you on about? Most of ancient Chinese history is nothing but constant war.

And the China you know isn't the China of back then. Most of it was conquered.
>>
>>2186115
Historical consensus is that it was a tie.

The Chinese took a large chunk of Northern Vietnam and proved that the Soviets couldn't defend Vietnam.
But they weren't able to remove the Vietnamese occupation of Cambodia.
>>
>>2186678
>1967

Mind explaining how a 1 week comflict between border patrols is equivalent to a 3 month long conflict with 5 battles of 20,000+ soldiers?
They aren't even comparable.
>>
There's plenty of military tradition, China as it is today is basically as if the Roman Empire (both East and West) hadn't fallen but was repeatedly reconquered.
>>
>>2186919

i just noticed this forum and im surprised as hell at the amount of informed discussion despite the proximity to pol

crazy shit
>>
>>2186414
>China's bigger

Stop this meme. If we talk about colonial era which started since Columbus sets his foot on America
>>
>>2187050

China has more population then Europe and the USA + Canada put together.
>>
>>2186065
>trusting Alexander's sources
top kek
>>
>>2186037
Hasn't China invaded both Vietnam and India, or at least engaged in war with them?
>>
>>2186406
I know right it's so frustrating.

>b-but it doesn't affect me so why should I care
Then don't make dumb assumptions.
>>
>>2187192
>or at least engaged in war with them?
They probably have but I don't think there's ever been a full frontal war.

Historically, China and India were the two most richest and heavily populated areas in the globe. A war between them would've been disastrous and the'd both fall into ruin.

Not to mention natural barriers playing a role. The Himalayas and the Karakoram mountain range disallowed any large scale troop movement into or from Tibet and so any land invasion in that regard was out of question.
>>
>>2186301
Not relevant. Europe (with it's current bundaries) didn't exist when Rome conquered the Mediterranean. Judge Rome based off on how much land and people it did conquer not how much land of an arbitraryly defined region they conquered.
>>
File: 1472529783777.png (423KB, 2000x964px) Image search: [Google]
1472529783777.png
423KB, 2000x964px
>>2186276
>The Chinese conquered the equivalent of the size of Europe if not more

Europeans in turn conquered a total sum of lands that is 10 times the size of China
>>
>>2187262
How does that disprove what he said? Europe was irrelevant for most of its history. That's a fact.

And most of these lands were taken over by Old World diseases, while China had to use militaristic might to take over their continent (which is what this thread is about).
>>
File: 1464749765902.png (537KB, 918x656px) Image search: [Google]
1464749765902.png
537KB, 918x656px
>>2187262
>Europe was irrelevant for most of its history

What is Greek and Roman Era ? or were they been irrelevant too, Chang?

How do you define"Most of" ? i bet you would say the dark ages. Which isn't most.
>And most of these lands were taken over by Old World diseases

It's this meme again
>>
>>2187317
>What is Greek and Roman Era ? or were they been irrelevant too, Chang?
>we wuz
Greek and Rome are part of Europe now but they weren't back then as we know it. They both conquered their respective areas of Europe and thought the natives as barbarians.

What you're doing is the equivalent of a Thailander (excuse me) jerking the Mongols to talk about Asian supremacy.

>It's this meme again
Are you really denying that Old World diseases didn't have a large part in conquering the peninsula?
>>
>>2186037
China started out as just the Yangtze valley and gradually took over the rest of modern China which usually involved war. They actually conquered a great mass of land very fast and for most of their history post Han dynasty they were busy keeping it all together. China is a bit like a Roman empire that managed to survive. They didn't expand either after reaching an extant (btw Rome at it's height of power had about the same size and population as the Han Empire at it's height).
>>
>>2187356
>Greek and Rome are part of Europe now but they weren't back then as we know it. They both conquered their respective areas of Europe and thought the natives as barbarians.

Kek. keep denying like this post >>2187241 ?

How much butt-hurt are you ?

>What you're doing is the equivalent of a
Thailander (excuse me) jerking the Mongols to talk about Asian supremacy.

Sry, i doubt that Thailander would be as stupid as you.
>>
>>2187397
>Kek. keep denying like this post >>2187241 ?
It's true. I stand by what I said. A lot of people say the same about Ghengis Khan's conquests in Russia. That area wasn't considered a part of Europe then so it doesn't matter.

What's 'white' changes by the decade. I see people arguing that the people of the Levant and those of White-Hispanic heritage are European. Let's just say Lebanon is considered European three centuries from now and another country from, say, Asia invades them.

Would they be invading the ME or Europe?

>How much butt-hurt are you ?
I'm not. I'm answering you seriously while you're the one shitposting.

>Sry, i doubt that Thailander would be as stupid as you.
no u
>>
File: Laughing-Frog.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>2187393
Well Europe went shit after Rome collapsed.

It's like Europe gave China an advantage of 1000 years ahead but still managed to beat the shit out of the latter.
>>
File: temp.jpg (266KB, 676x909px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
266KB, 676x909px
>>2187437
>It's like Europe gave China an advantage of 1000 years ahead but still managed to beat the shit out of the latter.
Tbf they were gangbanged.
>>
File: 1469261248675.png (164KB, 326x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1469261248675.png
164KB, 326x1068px
>>2187453
>gangbanged

It came after the first rape
>>
>>2187454
You're not wrong, but there's a reason why that rape even happened:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Cixi
>>
>>2187477

Cixi is like 5 years old at that event.
>>
File: china_europe.png (631KB, 1600x1091px) Image search: [Google]
china_europe.png
631KB, 1600x1091px
>>2186037
I'm just gonna leave this here...
>>
>>2187489

why?
>>
>>2187287
>Europe was irrelevant for most of its history. That's a fact.
t. doesn't know what a fact is or understand history
>take over their continent
no, they didn't conquer western asia nor did they conquer Siberia, nor did they conquer Europe (in the whole "Eurasian continent" context)
>>
>>2187287
>Europe was irrelevant for most of history
hate to break it to you, but until the French Revolution, pretty much everything was irrelevant since only a handful of empires stretched past their continent
>>
>>2187489
put it back where you found it
>>
>>2187489
most of that is desert and tibet
>>
>>2188983
>t. doesn't know what a fact is or understand history
Oh boy. Please explain history to me then.

>no, they didn't conquer western asia nor did they conquer Siberia, nor did they conquer Europe (in the whole "Eurasian continent" context)
* sub -continent

>>2189566
I'm talking abour pre-age of exploration
>>
>>2189653

Aren't you have a job at iphone factory ?

Back to work, make more cheap phones for us, now.
>>
China is the only case of an empire holding together it's ancient territories, in the long run. I only made this up i don't know anything about china.
>>
>>2189739
>China is the only case of an empire holding together it's ancient territories, in the long run.
Russia
>>
>>2189773
> long run
Not ~500 years.
>>
>>2189695
Not an argument cuckstain.
>>
File: roman-empire-01.jpg (207KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
roman-empire-01.jpg
207KB, 1000x600px
>W-we built glorious ching chong empire while white pigs were still crawling in mu-
>>
>>2186783
underrated post
>>
>>2189653
>oh wow, one regional power has slightly more influence than a seperate regional power, therefore one is relevant and the other isn't lol!
no
>>
File: Romans vs Han.jpg (65KB, 1021x359px) Image search: [Google]
Romans vs Han.jpg
65KB, 1021x359px
>>2189830
>>
>>2189843
>showing han at its peak but not the roman empire
ok?
>>
File: East-Hem_200ad.jpg (734KB, 3240x1903px) Image search: [Google]
East-Hem_200ad.jpg
734KB, 3240x1903px
>>2189857
How about when they were contemporary?
>>
>>2186406
Someone link the video game designer giving a talk about gamers and their knowledge of history. its basically his in a nutshell.
>>
>>2189874
the only point i can gather from this is that the chinese at their peak were only equal to europeans
>>
>>2189840
It's true. China was one the richest places in the world and the envy of near everyone. European monkeys (and Japanese mind you) were piss poor and ripping themselves apart over tiny differences in religion.

Ottomans came and easily conquered the Balkans. They blocked European trade which forced them to go by sea kickstarting the Age of Exploration.

Then China stagnated and the rest is history.

>>2189830
I still don't see what the point of this is. Most of Asia was a shithole throughout its history and I'd be the first one to laugh at any losers who want to take our accomplishments.

VIce-versa for all of you :^)
>>
File: 146759479.png (261KB, 1271x845px) Image search: [Google]
146759479.png
261KB, 1271x845px
>>2189874
>how do you go from this

to this?
>>
>>2189890
By stagnating internally from corruption, as well as your opposition finding other continents full of resources (while the natives go cough themselves to death somewhere) and then using it to take over by a brief time of being technologically advanced.

But with the declining European populations and America possibly going into isolation things are obviously going to be shaken up.

At the end of the day it's just another page of a Golden Age in history.
>>
>>2189890
Failure to industrialize because of having a shitload of population reducing the need for labour saving technologies, and decades of relative peace instead of constant war with others of comparable strength driving military innovation. Then having to deal with massive rebellions just as you are trying to actually modernize, which is also hampered by political infighting as those in charge are afraid of losing their influence as a result of reforms, which goes back to China being way too huge for the Qing to really govern effectively enough to direct them towards modernization unlike Japan.
>>
>>2189881
>Most of Asia was a shithole throughout its history and I'd be the first one to laugh at any losers who want to take our accomplishments.

Would anyone do that though? Koreans and Japs hate China with a passion. The latter even disassociated themselves with East Asian sphere and treat Chinese with full contempt
>>
>>2189921
>Would anyone do that though?
Yes. I don't think I've ever seen any ethnic Asian-Asians do it (the same way I've never heard of Europeans talk about muh pan-euroism) but there are a lot of Pan-Asianism Asian-Americans who do.

>why is it always Americans!
Because they're majority mutts with no real legacy, so they take everything.
>>
>>2189881
>any loser who want to take our accomplishments
Who is "our" in this context?
>>
>>2189945
Chi-na
>>
>>2189961
How do you "take" Chinese accomplishments?

I don't think China in general has ever dreamed of pan Asianism anyway, just Japan. China was content to just let everyone be tributaries instead of directly part of the empire.
>>
File: continent-of-asia.png (24KB, 727x446px) Image search: [Google]
continent-of-asia.png
24KB, 727x446px
>>2189653
>Please explain history to me then.
"Relevance" is an insult used casually on /int/, /pol/, and now /his/. I'd love to see you prove how Europe was "irrelevant". History is the study of people, cultures, civilization, etc. Europeans were relevant to Europeans. Chinks were relevant to other chinks. Relevance is subjective and depends completely on the perspective. Pretending the world was as unified and global as it is today is completely anachronistic and idiotic. Besides that, chinks needed buyers for their goods. So yes, Europeans (one of the major buyers of silk, spices, and paper) were relevant to them. The fact that this "irrelevant" part of the world conquered and controlled two continents (when China couldn't even do one) and have completely shaped and defined the modern world (China is literally run by a party named after the abortion of European political theory) should quiet you up.
>take over their continent
Pic related. They didn't conquer nearly all of this.
>>
>>2189976
This applied within the empire, as well. The Ming dynasty was content to sit in the imperial city and let the kingdom mostly run itself. Remote villages could go long stretches of time without ever seeing an imperial official, and that was just fine for them.
>>
>>2187487
3, actually.
>>
>>2187046
>forum
fuck off
>>
>>2189982
chink shitposters btfo
>>
>>2189596
No it literally is not
>>
File: Sinitic homeland.png (892KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
Sinitic homeland.png
892KB, 900x750px
>>2186037
t. retard
>>
>>2189921
>Koreans and Japs hate China with a passion. The latter even disassociated themselves with East Asian sphere and treat Chinese with full contempt
[Citation needed]
>>
>>2189982
>"Relevance" is an insult used casually on /int/, /pol/, .
That's true.

>Europeans were relevant to Europeans. Chinks were relevant to other chinks. Relevance is subjective and depends completely perspective. B So yes, Europeans (one of the major buyers of silk, spices, and pa
That's true but that's not the relevancy that we talk about on the chanz. China/India were known by vast lands to be great sources of trade and always had wealth flowing in and out thoughout the sub-continents. Europe was content in just shredding each other again and again. And I "pretending the world was as unified and global as it is today" didn't say that.

> The fact that this "irrelevant" part of the world conquered and controlled two continents
Because there was never a need for us. Everything they needed they had within China and there wasn't a lack of resources. Europe needed other continental to begin.

It was hard enough to conquer China as it was with the technology back then.Not to mention China having a vast population in contrast to most countries.

>and have completely shaped and defined the modern world
You shaped the New World more than you did the Asia's friend.The eradication of Chinese culture came more from within than it did from the West.

>China is literally run by a party named after the abortion of European political theory
To say China is a communist country either means you are out-of-date, misinformed, or trying to put a we wuz on the country. They only say they're a communist country to justify all the brutal things they've done.

> should quiet you up.
I don't see why it would. Most of Eastern Europe is still powerless. Southern Europe stopped being relevant to the global scheme things in the late 20th century. And Western Europe is on the verge of electing populist far-right fascist governments- which means the future of Europe doesn't look good at all.

And yes- Europe was still irrelevant for most of its history.

And I meant sub-continent.
>>
>>2190066
really? don't see how. He just regurgitated what the other's in the thread spat out.
>>
>>2190104
http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/14/chapter-4-how-asians-view-each-other/
>>
>>2186406
I can't tell you enough how much it pisses me off. I'm currently working toward my master in history with a strong focus on asian studies and I'm already tired of arguing with /pol/niggers with an high school-tier of education.

Like, yeah man, that documentary you saw on Youtube at 240p is surely more valid than the books and articles that were given to me by my teachers, right? Fuck off.
>>
>>2190131
>that documentary you saw on Youtube at 240p is surely more valid than the books and articles that were given to me by my teachers, right?
B-but "liberals"
>>
>>2190142
>liberals have a bias so here's another guy with an agenda but support's my beliefs
>>
>>2190149
At least the "liberal" textbooks are referenced and peer reviewed.
But my point is that they really do believe it's more valid, because of the influence of the left they perceive to be at the heart of the narrative in the humanities.
Perhaps they confused the "liberal arts" with the "liberal" arts.
>>
>>2190131
You mean ((teachers))?
>>
>>2190108
>Europe was content in just shredding each other again and again.
just as much as any other place in the world that isn't unified. and obviously they weren't since they started to expand and explore
>didn't say that
"Relevant", as it is used here, refers to the global world
>China/India were known by vast lands to be great sources of trade
To people in close proximity and within the trade circle. The Med. was also known as a place of trade and wealth
>need
Not need, a want. Europe wasn't going to fall apart and collapse without spices and they could have easily payed the Ottomans. It's a completely different mentality. As you said, the Chinese were content. The Europeans had incentive and a motivation to explore.
>more than you did the Asia's friend
Did you forget the colonial period? The rise of Japan and British conquest/control of India? The spread of communism? The fact that Japan and South Korea only exist as they do today because of American intervention. The existence of Pakistan and a unified India were because of British post-colonial policy. The eradication of Chinese culture was caused by a man who was influenced by communist beliefs and only had the opportunity due to the allies defeating the Japanese. Sure the west affected the Americas more, but they still had a major influence on modern Asia
>China is communist
Never said that, I said they were communist by name, and they still retain that name.
>Eastern Europe
The USSR only fell like 30 years ago, they're still recovering.
>Southern Europe
Italy's economy was the sixth largest in 87 and overtook Britain, Spain was doing very well at the turn of the century. The Balkans are still recovering and they were never a major part of European hegemony back in the 19th century.
>Europe was still irrelevant for most of its history
You gonna prove that?
>sub-continent
There's only one sub-continent. Then there is Asia in the seven continent theory and Eurasia in the six continent theory.
>>
why do sino threads always no matter what in every single board always boils down to east vs west?
>>
File: Gurkha War.png (569KB, 410x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Gurkha War.png
569KB, 410x1163px
>>2186037
Daily reminder the Chinese humiliated the Gurkhas.

Twice. First in Tibet, the second in fucking Nepal itself.
>>
>>2190303
>to east vs west?
You mean the West vs the rest? because that is pretty much how history showed.
>>
>>2190303
Because the Chinese have the biggest fucking chip on their shoulder.
>>
>>2190330
>because that is pretty much how history showed.
British/Spaniard conquests of Indian/South America were often done through the help of the numerous natives who had old grudges against the leaders of the sub-continent/continent.

It was never as clear cut as you think it is.
>>
>>2187477
You're an idiot. Kek.
>>
>>2190369

This. It's always this shit.

>Europeans were just irrelevant
>Greeks and Roamns were not europeans
>Lol they just stole inventions and shit
>If it wasn't for X historical event Y would have never happened

Nobody's denying China and India are the world's oldest civilizations, but claiming Europe was irrelevant is just retarded.
>>
>>2190502

Europe was irrelevant 400-1650, over 1000 years
>>
>>2189832
ty, ty
>>
>>2186819
>The Qing conquered the tibetan tribes and integrated the chinese side of central asia and Tibet into their empire.

I've never understood why Han Chinese can claim Tibet and Xinjiang belongs to Han Chinese when it was Manchu and Mongolian bannerman who conquered those regions.

The dynasties that had the most clay were all non-Chinese.
>>
File: IMG_8678.jpg (46KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8678.jpg
46KB, 300x191px
>>2190320
And how did the Qing handle another invasion of Tibet over a hundred years later?
>>
>>2190303
Because /his/ is infected with /int/ and all discussions of history here are basically pissing matches between countries.
>>
>>2190799
>Manchu and Mongol bannerman

The Qing army was staffed with Han generals and of course Han fodder, kys

The Tang had the most influence and power relative to any time China did in history and it was ran by Han
>>
>>2190810
>The Tang had the most influence and power relative to any time China did in history and it was ran by Han

Didn't the Tibetans capture Chang'an at one point and Princess Wencheng was given away as a fucktoy so the Tibetans would stop attacking the Tang?
>>
>>2186037
You must be fucking retarded. China was running with a bunch of ethnic groups even during the warring periods, the borders are only what it is today because of their ability to secure conquests and displace the conquered, something no Europeans have been able to do to nearly the same extent.
>>
>>2186037
>China never invaded South East Asia
KeK you're retarded. Vietnam's history is a thousand years of fighting the Chinks back as late as 1979. Weak bait.
>>
>>2188983
What you said is
>Regards, doesnt know a fact....

You look like a retarded faggot. Didnt even read the rest of your post and am not the guy you are arguing with
>>
>>2190815
The Tibetans were pretty serious business back then, to be fair.

>Didn't the Tibetans capture Chang'an at one point
That was during the height of the An Lushan rebellion so it's kinda understandable.

>and Princess Wencheng was given away as a fucktoy so the Tibetans would stop attacking the Tang?
The Tibetan army at that point was strung out and exhausted from pushing into Songzhou (with a lot of the Tibetan generals threatening suicide if the campaign wasn't called off!), so the marriage settlement was more a compromise than the Tang bending over.
>>
>>2190838
>The Tibetan army at that point was strung out and exhausted from pushing into Songzhou (with a lot of the Tibetan generals threatening suicide if the campaign wasn't called off!), so the marriage settlement was more a compromise than the Tang bending over.

Huh, I had no idea about this. Yeah the Tibetans seem to claim that Princess Wencheng was forcibly given away while Han Chinese claim it was voluntary so I don't know who to believe.
>>
>>2190788
>1650
Not that late, Spanish Empire under the rule of Charles V reached the size of four million square kilometers.The largest empire at that time.
>>
File: tang-tibet.png (163KB, 538x800px) Image search: [Google]
tang-tibet.png
163KB, 538x800px
>>2190867
My source is "Tang China in Multi-Polar Asia: A History of Diplomacy and War," so it's certainly taking the Chinese perspective. It seems to be pretty decent at least.
>>
>>2190882
I'll check it out, thanks anon!
>>
>>2190825
sorry, forgot my meme arrow. here, i'll retype it
>Europe was irrelevant for most of its history. That's a fact.
>t. doesn't know what a fact is or understand history
Better? Is your autism assuaged?
>>
>>2186037
I think you may be retarded
>>
>>2190788
define "irrelevant"
>>
They had a military tradition, but most of it was spent conquering itself.
>>
>>2190870
>four million km2
>largest empire at the time

Nigger, the Ming Dynasty was 6.5 million km2 by 1450. The Ottoman Empire at its height in the late 1600's was 5.2 million km2 alone!

Also, that map includes every territory taken after Charles V's reign.
>>
>>2189890
Based Nippon
>>
File: EuropeanInfluenceOnChina.jpg (115KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
EuropeanInfluenceOnChina.jpg
115KB, 960x720px
Lol at these chinks defending the weak military history of monogolized yellow apes. The only tactic that chinks deployed in ancient battle was to put vast numbers in the battlefield and hope they would win.

The difference with europeans is that war was truly an art, a sport. Conquerers like Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, Napoleon and even hitler, used war for personal glory and ego. The act of total conflict became a sort of contest for europeans, while chinks on the other hand, only ever used total war on very few occasions when they had no other choice.

The Opium Wars and the boxer rebellion are clear indicators that chinks were a people who were easily subjugated. Instead of continuing a war which were the first real wars they had against whites, they submitted and subjugated at the first instance of a possible loss.

Each major Western European country has had a greater and infinitely more influential conquest history that isn't even comparable with that of china.

>BUT WE CONQUERED OTHER CHANGZ N SHIET.

All of china were of the same people, conquering your own is not an accomplishment if you want to compare with europeans, who had subjugated every race on this planet.
>>
File: 266[1].png (747KB, 2000x1468px) Image search: [Google]
266[1].png
747KB, 2000x1468px
>>2193440
>conquering your own is not an accomplishment

stormfag history my sides
>inb4 MUH HURRRRRRRRITTAGGGE HAPLOGROUP MAPS
>>
>>2187437
You're fucking retarded, go read a book

The Catholic Church is what spearheaded Europe into modernity through individualised property contracts, and it only was able to emerge DUE to the mass decentralisation from the fall of Rome. Europeans' inability to create strong bureaucracies that last long unlike the Chinese was their SHORT TERM disadvantage but incurred the renaissance in the long term

>>2187393
>>2190817
/thread

>>2193440
>All of China were of the same people

Actually kill yourself wigger
>>
China had total faith in the superiority of their system and the inevitability of their enemies adopting it. They thought they were the end point of human development. It never occurred to them that some pasty fucks could not only beat them, but advance so fast that China was completely fucked in the long term. Suddenly the onus was on the dynasty to adopt parts of the hostile system, and they had no idea how to pull that off. This was a system that prided itself on being the one copied.
>>
>>2193723
>The West had total faith in the superiority of their system and the inevitability of their enemies adopting it. They thought they were the end point of human development. It never occurred to them that some yellow fucks could not only beat them, but advance so fast that the West was completely fucked in the long term. Suddenly the onus was on the West to adopt parts of the hostile system, and they had no idea how to pull that off. This was a system that prided itself on being the one copied.

Updated for the 21st century
>>
>>2193884
Why are the Chinese so butthurt, /his/?
>>
>>2186037

They don't need to.
>>
>>2187489
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 2.jpg (51KB, 440x286px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
51KB, 440x286px
>>2193930

Chinks are famous for their enmity. They will keep that for hundred or thousand years, waiting a chance to unleash it on their opponents.

Like how they make many of anti Japan propaganda tv series every year

>yfw 700 million “Japanese soldiers” died in China in 2012

http://offbeatchina.com/700-million-japanese-soldiers-died-in-china-in-2012
>>
>>2193440
>who had subjugated every race on this planet.
By that same logic so have Arab's/Mongols since they've conquered large European/Asian/black territories atleast once in their lifetimes.

You're just a sad we wuzzer. Most of Europe has only ever been relevant to each other in their history while China has always been somewhat relevant to the rest of Asia.
>>
>>2194034
apparently north africa and the ME is european now
>>
>>2194034
you're wrong
nothing was "relevant" until europeans made it a thing
>>
>>2194056
I forgot about south America.

Pan-Europeanism is still dumb imho.

>>2194103
Believe that if you want to. Middle East for one example used to be an intellectual hub for the rest of Asia.
>>
>>2194125
in what way does this make them "relevant"
sure, a few scrolls pass through from time to time but the real achievements from that time are nothing compared to what europe has done during the antiquity, renaissance and modern age

face it, if you take the "relevant" meme seriously European countries are the only ones that have actually done anything that affected countries on a large scale, not only on the political level, but also intellectual and technological
>>
>>2186065

The gay cuckxander had to huff and puff to beat a tiny Indian kingdom on the fringes of the mainland and his army revolted when they got news that two kingdoms from the mainland - the Nandas and the Gangaridai had mobilised more than 200,000 infantry, tens of thousands of cavalry and war elephants and were "waiting" for him.

Wish he had actually marched on so that the Indian armies could have smashed his manufactured greatness once and for all
>>
>>2194268

>Implying Alexander wouldn't have btfo'd the entirety of India given enough time
>>
They aren't savages/brutes/criminals like Europeans. So they don't chimp out like them.
>>
>>2190270

>To people in close proximity and within the trade circle. The Med. was also known as a place of trade and wealth

Wut ? It was the kingdoms around Med and Arabians who actually competed with each other to trade with India and China. America was literally founded on the quest to find a sea route to India because the muzlums blocked the land routes for europeans. So yeah he was right in saying China/India were relatively more relevant for most of the history compared to Europe.

>The existence of Pakistan and a unified India were because of British post-colonial policy.

Existence of Unified India is most definitely not because of British. When the Brits left there were 543 independent princely states each with its own agenda. They were unified by the then Indian Home Minister and that unification was possible because India (and China) were/are civilizational states where existence of different political entities didnt negate the belonging to a common civilization.
>>
>>2194320

That's exactly what was implied you mongoloid. Infact he would have been btfo'd and we wouldnt have to be listening to his gayxploits today.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Plutarch/Lives/Alexander*/9.html
>>
>>2194320
You can say that about everyone in history. The scholars thatbwere with him writing what was happening even said it was the hardest battle Alexander's army had ever fought.

>>2194133
>

>ace it, if you take the "relevant" meme seriously European countries are the only ones that have actually done anything that affected countries on a large scale, not only on the political level, but also intellectual and technological
Jesus Christ maybe if you're talking solely about the America's but that's the largest historical revisionism I've ever seen if you'reoure talking about the asian/European continents.
>>
>conquer a small backwater village then thump your chest before running away like a headless chicken
kek
nice "great" you have there
>>
>>2194342
>Existence of Unified India is most definitely not because of British.
they're literally a member of the commonwealth.
>>
>>2194394
>hasn't even defined "relevant"
>no argument
you didn't deserve this (You)
>>
>>2194430
Back then it was measured by the status and wealth of a nation.

Before the age of exploration, the ottomsns were rapidly rising, the mughals were at their peak and Ming Chinese had vassal states from territories Iran to China to SEA.

Europeans could do virtually nothing when the ottomans blocked trade to China/India (which were the two largest economies at the time) so they were forced to go by sea.
>>
>>2194401

How does being a member of the commonwealth mean existence of India is because of British ? It merely means at one point India was occupied by BritBongs.
>>
>be a small tribe in the multicultural tapestry that is east asia 2000bc
>qin shi huang unites small chinese states thru conquest, makes his own style of writing and burns everything else
>conquer every neighbouring sinotibetan tribe, cuck them so hard they believe they are chinese too
>conquer wu
>conquer thais
>conquer viets
>conquer koreans
>conquer naxi
>conquer bai
>conquer min
>conquer zhuang
>conquer yue
>conquer tocharians
>build wall
>>
>>2194792
>conquer prototurks and protomongols to the immediate north, setting off a domino effect of westwards fleeing and invading that culminates in the hun invason if europe
>keep cucking conquered people into believing they too are chinese because they use the same writing
>occasionally get invaded by steppe nomads, eventually absorb them into the empire through sheer power of numbers
>claim every bit of land that isnt nailed down, make as many maps as possible showing every known reef or seastack has a chinese fisherman living on it
>build entire floating cities, travel to asean, india and africa trading with rulers you like, and crushing anyone you don't
>conquered entire known portion of the world, dont bother with the barbarians beyond the himalayas or the seas coz those subhumans dont have anything worth owning
>just focus on cucking conquered peoples into believing their chinese for a few centuries, also move everyone inland coz nip pirates
>conquer dutch in taiwan
>crucify some portuguese in malaysia (kek)
>conquer mongolia
>conquer Kazakhs
>some fucking redhaired barbarians suddenly turn up and demand to be traded with and that the emporer deal with them as equals
>fucking uncooked subhumans somehow beat our glorious armies through dealing drugs and stealing our gunpowder tech and even let the nips do this shit too
>WAAAA COLONIALISM WHAITU PIGGU WAAA MUH OPPRESSION WAAAA WE WILL GET REVENGE IF IT TAKES US TEN THOUSAND YEARS
>conquer tibet
>conquer manchuria
>conquer east turkestan
>WAAA MUH OPPRESSION NEVAR FORGET
>>
>Qin
A powerful red-haired Caucasoid from the Western frontier uses Western inventions such as the chariot to invade the East and conquers all the yellow-skinned submissive Mongoloids and rules over them. He institutes strict laws and standards throughout his empire to dominate and control his subjects and this leads to the Chinese cultural identity.

>Han
Chinese Mongoloid peasants rebel and oust their Caucasoid masters and make a peasant their supreme emperor. Thanks to all the technology and culture brought to them by their Western conquerors, the Chinese experience a golden age.

>3 Kingdoms
Constant warfare between a bunch of peasants who want to be emperor. Someone writes a bullshit novel about them 1000 years later making them superheroes.

>Sui then Tang
A northern Turkic people called the Xianbei conquer all of China. Tang is another golden age where Western culture is prevalent. For instance, the beauty standard is imported from Caucasoid Turkic northerners and fat lewd chicks are seen as the ultimate sex symbol.

>Liao then Jin
Northern steppe warriors invade and conquer half of China and enslave the Chinese population.

>Song
The remaining southern half of China.

>Yuan
Founded by Genghis Khan (who had red hair according to historical documents) and his Mongolian descendants. They first conquer Jin, which is already foreign-occupied, and then they conquer Song and rape all the Chinese women. Chinese are relegated to the lowest social class in the multi-ethnic Yuan empire.

>Ming
Chinese peasants rebel and oust the Mongols. They once again make a peasant their supreme emperor.

>Qing
Northern steppe warriors called the Manchu invade and conquer all of China and subjugate the entire population. They force all Chinese men to shave half their head and massacre 30 million Chinese.

>Modern
Japan defeats Qing in a war and liberates the Chinese from 300 years of Manchu domination. Later, Japan weakens the KMT, and Communist peasants take over China.
>>
>>2189890
European is not country tho
>>
>>2189890
For some reason, Europe created a group of crazy sociopaths willing to sail thousands of miles on pieces of wood in order to loot other people's wealth, and shortly afterward, a different (for the most part) group of intellectual elites arose in Europe that triggered the Scientific Revolution. Why it happened in Europe and not China I don't know. I wonder if the Mongols had anything to do with it... or maybe Europeans actually are just genetically more prone to producing genius-level intellects than other races
>>
>>2189890
British got real autistic over their tea addiction and decided to dump drugs in China
>>
>>2195407
>Why it happened in Europe and not China I don't know.
China unlike Europe had a dynamic fuckton of population under the control of a single state which allowed them to just throw more labor at everything instead of bothering with inventing shit that helped to trigger the Industrial Revolution.

>The high-level equilibrium trap is a concept developed by environmental historian Mark Elvin to explain why China never underwent an indigenous Industrial Revolution, despite its wealth, stability, and high level of scientific achievement. Essentially, he claims that the Chinese pre-industrial economy had reached an equilibrium point where supply and demand were well balanced. Late imperial production methods and trade networks were so efficient and labor was so cheap that investment in capital to improve efficiency would not be profitable.

>At the same time, an intellectual paradigm shift from Taoism to Confucianism among the intelligentsia moved the focus of academic inquiry from natural science and mathematics, which were conceived of under Taoism as investigations into the mystical nature of the universe, to studies of social philosophy and morality under Confucianism. According to Elvin, this produced an intellectual climate that was not conducive to technical innovation.

>By comparison, the economy of Great Britain at the time of the Industrial Revolution was vastly smaller and less efficient than the late imperial Chinese economy. Labor was comparatively more expensive, and internal trade far less efficient than in China. This produced large imbalances in the forces of supply and demand, leading to economic problems which provided a large financial incentive for the creation of scientific and engineering advances designed to address them. At the same time, the Enlightenment had shifted the focus of academic inquiry towards natural sciences, providing the basis for many technical innovations.
>>
Only if Roman Empire did not fall or Europe did not experience the dark ages after the fall of Rome.

Imagine how much sooner the Scientific Revolution happens.
>>
>>2186065

Porous became the Macedonians greatest ally in the region, how can you equate this with genocide?

Porous' family would fight in the wars of succession.
>>
>>2186374

>the Dzungars

nevar 4get
>>
>>2195407

>For some reason, Europe created a group of crazy sociopaths willing to sail thousands of miles on pieces of wood in order to loot other people's wealth

To trade. The Spanish looted a bit, as was their right, and sure, the trade was exploitative, but frankly, the kiddie gloves that the European powers used relative to such luminaries as Nader Shah and Timur are the reason why they were able to justify such myths as the civilising mission in the first place.

Also, in a lot of the places Europeans colonised, there really wasn't that much wealth beforehand, besides the obvious natural wealth. The existence of the kind of manufactured riches present in Europe, India, China, Mexico, Peru and certain African states like Ashanti and Benin presupposes a sort of society which simply didn't exist on the North American plains or on the Caribbean islands.
>>
>>2195461
>as Nader Shah and Timur
True, but it doesn't seem like the Chinese did much of this sort of thing
>>
>>2186406
>>2187196

Stop your sickly faggot backslapping. I am here from /pol/ and your name dropping fills me with contempt. Demonstrate your superior knowledge or otherwise stop talking in such a conceited way.

I'm a fascist and even I know nothing is more bourgeois than pretense of superior education.
>>
>>2195468

Oh, they did. They just didn't leave any survivors.

>>2195439
>>
>>2195484

Also I have to add that they didn't need to. China's wealth compared to Iran's - I struggle to find a less clumsy end to that sentence than 'doesn't compare'. When China embarked on its genocide crusades, the idea was clearing out land of potentially dangerous nomad hordes in order to stop something like Yuan ever happening again, it was a Ming thing.

I wonder how it felt to be one of those Mongolic nomads, seeing all those pissed off Han coming towards you and knowing exactly why they were doing it. Must be shit getting slaughtered and not even being able to claim the moral high ground.
>>
>>2195478

>I'm a fascist

I remember when I had my first beer.
>>
>>2195510

Well done. For a demented antifa with a swiss cheese brain, remembering your first beer is almost as hard as remembering how to tie you shoes, or how not to walk into something like this post right here.
>>
>>2195478
>nothing is more bourgeois than pretense of superior education
Good thing the Chinese don't see it that way, they basically worship education and devote themselves to it with almost autistic focus just to get ahead of each other.
>>
>>2195518

>the Chinese don't see it that way

Yes they do. They value superior education, not the pretense of it - or maybe they do value the pretense.

I've heard that cheating is common in Chinese exams, which doesn't surprise me. A culture that values education overmuch may well end up with a culture of education which values the appearance of knowledge as much as knowledge itself.

I read an article in Jacobin referring to this as 'knowingness', the explanation thereof seemed uncannily similar to the atmosphere imageboards have been feeding into for more than a decade now. I can't see how its impossible for it to be worse in China.
>>
>>2195531
Well, they value true knowledge enough to have invested in almost ludicrously extensive anti-cheating measures for the gaokao.

Cheating is a problem all over the world, but not everywhere uses CCTV cameras, metal detectors, radio wave detector drones, fingerprint and iris scans to verify student identities, and GPS trackers on exam papers to counter it.
>>
>>2195478
you do very well at avoiding the appearance of being educated, congrats!
>>
>>2195422
someone post the meme graph

>we could be exploring the cosmos
>>
File: 1466754007241.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1466754007241.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>2195697
>>
File: HitlerPepe.jpg (82KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
HitlerPepe.jpg
82KB, 500x586px
>>2195478
The fact that you think OP's post is a serious and good question proves you have inferior knowledge to us.

Saying you're from /pol/ is essentially the same thing as saying "I have no fucking clue what I am talking about 90% of the time, but I write it in an assertive way so that people will believe me."

Go back to /pol/, and don't come back. Do it now.
>>
>>2195771
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>2195550

>Well, they value true knowledge enough to have invested in almost ludicrously extensive anti-cheating measures for the gaokao.

In response to a widespread, pre-existing phenomenon, which is a totally rational response to the kind of pressure they are under, with regards to their future.

The point being that China also, like most other countries, has an appreciation for education which leads to people pretending to know more than they actually do.
When I phrase it like that, is it more palatable to you?

>>2195600

I'm being antagonistic because you deserve it despite your dubs for being an uppity whore.

>>2195783

OP is a faggot who is throwing you low quality bait, and I am responding only to your faggot presumptions. The Chinese are irrelevant here.
>>
File: IMG_8682.png (64KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8682.png
64KB, 624x628px
>>2195510
>>2195600
>>2195783
>>2195550
>>
File: 1483381620317.png (129KB, 577x304px) Image search: [Google]
1483381620317.png
129KB, 577x304px
>>2194799
>A powerful red-haired Caucasoid from the Western frontier uses Western inventions such as the chariot to invade the East and conquers all the yellow-skinned submissive Mongoloids and rules over them. He institutes strict laws and standards throughout his empire to dominate and control his subjects and this leads to the Chinese cultural identity.
WE
>>
File: ef3.png (527KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ef3.png
527KB, 858x1000px
>>2186037
>china never invaded south east asia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War
>>
>>2194794
>occasionally get invaded by steppe nomads, eventually absorb them into the empire through sheer power of numbers

You mean getting btfo to the point of genocide
>>
>>2195958
I think cheating isn't some kind of evidence of valuing appearances over actuality, but a natural consequence of any highly competitive environment.
>>
>>2189921
That's because Japan and Korea had become American's lapdogs and proud of it. At least China has a spine
>>
>>2199247
better than being a lapdog of the chinese like the philippines
>>
>>2199247
>Everyone who doesn't fall to Greater China is j-just an American puppet! Y-yeah!

this is what 50 cent army tell themselves when they sleep every night

can't wait for you squints to overstep your line and get smacked down like the swarm of gnats you truly are
>>
>>2186037
China had 0 interest in anything outside their borders due to a combination of self-sufficiency and arrogance.
>>
>>2189921
Koreans don't hate China.
Sure the south Koreans have geopolitical concerns, but it's not the same thing.
It's Japan that everyone hates.
>>
Holy shit, this thread hurts to look at.

All of you are trying to analyze Chinese military history without even looking at Chinese military culture and how it changed over time. There's always been a sort of fluctuation between wu and wen, martial and civil. Certain periods of Chinese history saw generals and military leaders dominant, and on the flipside the glorification of civil power and distaste for anything warlike.

Confucianism cannot be underestimated here. All the stereotypes of the Chinese being inferior when it comes to martial prowess mostly stems from periods in Chinese history where the Confucian literati held most power, the Ming period is a perfect example. However, look at the Warring States and Qin, and the Song, and you can see how generals tended to dominate the political scene. Ultimately, martial values tended to be favored over civil values when it was necessary -- when facing existential threat, generals saw gains in power. On the other hand, when China did not face an existential threat (because their power had reached massive levels), civil values tended to be valued instead.

China's history cannot be summed up as being either wholly martial, or wholly civil. There is so much change between each period, and these periods transition over decades, even centuries.
>>
>>2199271
Better die a Freeman than living as someone's bitche
>>
>>2199331
oh yes, we all know how free it is in china
>>
File: China.png (2MB, 2014x1709px) Image search: [Google]
China.png
2MB, 2014x1709px
>>
>>2199331
>chinks can't even spell bitch right

lmao it's so obvious what you are just from your own shitty grammar
>>
>>2186037
Chinese culture is not indigenous to a majority of what is now China. The Chinese language, writing traditions and histories originate in the lower reaches of the Yellow river, in Northern China.

The South of China used to be very much non-Chinese. There are still people in those regions that speak languages related to thai or other South East Asian languages.

The North East of China, Manchuria, was once steppe inhabited by non-Chinese Tungusic groups, notably the Manchus. It is now majority Chinese.

The West of China, with Tibet and Xinjiang is self explanatory - these regions are recent additions and many of the people there do not speak Chinese, look Chinese or consider themselves Chinese.

Even Taiwan, Chinese people are recent. The indigenous Taiwanese are Austronesians.

China's history is nothing but the conquests of it's neighbours.

>Japan

The Yuan dynasty invaded Japan numerous times. Even if you don't count the Yuan dynasty as 'Chinese' - for some reason - both the Ming and the Qing fought major wars against Japan.

>India

Depends what you count as India, China has certainly invaded areas that were part of the Indian subcontinent.
Emperor Qianlong fought against Nepal and the Burmese, both of which were later parts of British India and are by many standards - in the Indian subcontinent.

>South East Asia

Look, read a damn book. China dominated Vietnam for nearly a thousand years and has fought so many wars in the region that it's almost pointless to count them.

The Yuan dynasty invaded Java and Annam. The Ming dynasty recieved tribute from states in the Philippines and Borneo.

If you want to read more

Imperial China 900-1800, F.W. Mote.
>>
>>2199337
More than you think. People in China are at least aware of their situatio, it's people in the West who are too dumb to see that they live their lives in invisible cages. And yet they think themselves redpilled.
>>
>>2199340
>posting only from Opium War onwards

Nice cherrypicking, not to mention the caption is completely inaccurate to what's being shown in the macro, which only exhibits battles post 1840, certainly not 17th century. Maybe look back before the so-called "century of humiliation." Even the Chinese acknowledge how shitty it was. Euros had better technology for that long, but before then technology was pretty much equal.
>>
>>2199343
Ah oui. Avoir un "e" dans "bitch" est preuve definitive que je suis un chink.
Let me guess, are you a burger?
>>
>>2199349
are there really people retarded enough to think that china has anything close to the freedoms the west enjoys?

you've been drinking their koolaid a bit too much
>>
>>2199381
I never said China was as free as the West you idiot. I said that unlike the West, Chinese know they are not free.
>>
>>2199404
oh so you're just another one of those smug teens who thinks he's above the sheep surrounding him.
>>
>>2186037
>>2186037
Is this thread worth reading?
>>
File: ce6.jpg (41KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
ce6.jpg
41KB, 501x585px
>>2199282
>It's Japan that everyone hates.
t.Chink
>>
>>2199410
no
>>
>>2199282
pretty sure everyone on asia hated the chinks

here we burned their homes and raped their women back in the good old days
>>
>>2199417

Thanks.
>>
>>2199366
c'est la vie francois
oh hon hon hon hon
>>
>>2199349
>OMG the Western media is so biased
>Good thing I'm above those deluded Western sheep and get all my news from Global Times, RT, and the Communist Youth League weibo

Keep telling yourself that you're so enlightened. All you've done is choose one invisible cage over the other.
>>
>>2199295
Great post anon, but sadly, it's wasted in this shithole of a thread
>>
>>2186037
>>south east asia.
I thought fighting off the Chinese was like 1/2 of all SEA national epics.
>>
>>2186037
Geography. Those areas are cut off from China by either massive mountains, inhospitable desert, dense and foreboding jungle, or an ocean. China historically has focused mostly on keeping its own borders intact and using its internal stability to project soft power beyond its borders, rather than sending troops all over and expanding the hard way. Even today, China mostly follows this doctrine, which is why their expansion into the South China Sea/Indian Ocean is concerning for some people - it allows China to project beyond the sea and thus multiplies their power. Getting a bit off the history topic though.

This really makes me wish we had a politics board that wasn't complete shit.
>>
>>2186996
>Soviets couldn't defend Vietnam.
Soviets mostly provided equipment, training and a few SAM crews, how is that relevant? They were not defending Vietnam, they were making Viets themselves protect Vietnam.
>>
>>2199832
Wrong, the chinese have never really been war-like people and only participate in it in dire situations. Whether people think it is because they are racially weaker psychologically or physically is another debate.
>>
>>2199889
Great argument, you convinced me.
>>
File: around manchus.png (162KB, 311x486px) Image search: [Google]
around manchus.png
162KB, 311x486px
>>2199889
>the chinese have never really been war-like people

Tell that to the 800,000
>>
File: WW2Casualties.png (54KB, 1668x282px) Image search: [Google]
WW2Casualties.png
54KB, 1668x282px
>>2199902
Nah I'd prefer to tell the 20 million dead chinks who faced a western influnced war state of japan.
>>
>>2199916
>bad things happened to us two centuries later so it's totally okay guys

The Chinese have always been war-like. Deal with it, 50 cent bureaucrat.
>>
>>2199889
??? I never said any of that... Did you quote the wrong person?
>>
>>2186037
China is fucking huge. Most of the fighting is over who would control China. Much like most of Europe's history is fighting over who would control the most of Europe.
>>
>>2186037
zzz I doubt you will read this but there was a lot of military history and tradition within Asia. Ignorance in front of blatant truth is a filthy 'sin'.

Just focusing on East Asia:

Ancient Era:
Where was intense conflict between the first chinese dynasty and the proto-chosen kingdom. Eventually the chinese won, forming the pretense for Chinese dominance in the East.

After this conflict, there was the 'three kingdom' era within China, which was a massive civil war in respects to both causalities and technological advancements. Documenting this war in a romantic view point, there is the series of books called 'the three warring period' which documented most of the events and discussed the philosophy and strategy of this era.

Note Sun Tzu's 'art of war' came from this era.

Then, in Korea, there was a similar period of division and ultimately civil war. These states, which were, Goguyro, Sila and Baekje had distinct philosophies and thus were ideologically opposed to each other. Goguyro was an asian power and ruled most of Manchuria. They had sophisticated military technology and can be compared to the Spartans for the sake of comparison.

Eventually, this power was destroyed by an alliance between Silla and the Ming (not sure) dynasty and Silla came to form unified Silla.

Japan was in a strange era where the ruling class became obsessed with the traditions of China and interestingly enough, became close allies with Baekje due to Baekje's role as an importer of new technology and ideas from Mainland asia into Japan.

There was hundreds of battles and wars and this is mostly before the AD era.

You can be proud of Western culture and its achievements. You should be proud but do not be blinded by simple stupidity and laziness.

if you are going to say something so contrarian, back it up with proper knowledge and honest research. If you are too lazy to do it, you are only causing big problems for yourself.
>>
>>2195413
I will never stop hating how badly the British fucking chimped out over tea.

It's a shit beverage.
>>
>>2190320
>Fuk'anggan
inherently funny name
>>
>>2189878
I want this so badly
>>
File: 1478206163872.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1478206163872.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>>2194799
>A powerful red-haired Caucasoid from the Western frontier uses Western inventions such as the chariot to invade the East and conquers all the yellow-skinned submissive Mongoloids and rules over them. He institutes strict laws and standards throughout his empire to dominate and control his subjects and this leads to the Chinese cultural identity.
>>
And yet /int/ thinks chinks are smarter than whites >>>/int/69682644
>>
>>2199410
Absolutely not. A lot of it is retarded eurocentrism
>>
File: HisJW.jpg (92KB, 747x395px) Image search: [Google]
HisJW.jpg
92KB, 747x395px
>>2200657
>>
>>2200735
Mcfucking kill yourself
>>
Rome was better than China by almost every metric available. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>2195531
>I read an article in Jacobin referring to this as 'knowingness', the explanation thereof seemed uncannily similar to the atmosphere imageboards have been feeding into for more than a decade now.

Article - https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/12/gary-johnson-aleppo-meritocracy-intelligence-politics/
>>
>>2186037
They never invaded India because Nepal was in the way, if you thinks the Alps where bad then you haven't seen Nepal.

Big ocean between China and Japan

To much jungle in South East Asia
>>
>>2201307
>Rome
>Could barely impose laws beyond the Italian peninsula and some Western European colonies, and allowed local leadership for a lot of provinces
which were essentially tributary states
>Han dynasty
>Completely centralised bureaucracy with such displacement of prewar local leaders that an early idea of nationhood was formed lasting to today
>Fought beyond their borders with barbarians on barbarians ground and won in the Han-Xinognu war, while Rome consistently struggled with rebellion ad infinitum

It's not like you know anything about either of the Empires other than that you relate more with Rome because they were ancient super Aryans

>>2201808
To add onto this why the fuck would China need to invade Japan? China had a land based imperial project and had all the resources they need within the existing Chinese peninsula, while other Empires expanded navally because they lacked said resources
>>
>>2201986
>Fought beyond their borders with barbarians on barbarians ground and won in the Han-Xinognu war, while Rome consistently struggled with rebellion ad infinitum
But China did lose against the Mongol
>>
>>2186037
Because Sun Tzu says something like the war is not to do it.
Win without fight.
Read SunTzu, It's 2 turns of the game but mind points +12.
>>
File: Cuckedrace.png (43KB, 176x162px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckedrace.png
43KB, 176x162px
>>2200631
Just some idiot ching chongs who actually believe in the WE WUZ CHANGZ N SHIET meme.
>>
>>2202021
You're right, however

The Mongols invaded Hungary before they managed to even fight Southern China. When the Mongols invaded the Northern Jin dynasty in China, they did so with massive support from the Southern Song, and when they fought the Song, they had massive amounts of Jin fodder
>>
>>2186037
Because nearest lands were empty or with rare nomadic populations.
>>
>>2198046

Which is exactly what I am saying. I am focusing more on the objective. The competition revolves around a demonstration of knowledge, and as the stakes become higher, the simple overcoming of the competition becomes more important than the substance of it, just like a doping scandal in athletics.
>>
>>2201808
>To much jungle in South East Asia
Southwestern China was already stretching the limits Imperial bureaucracy.

Chinese dynasties had to rely on local strongmen(Tusi system) to govern disparate tribes.
>>
>>2199902
I mean the definintion of chinese matters right? If we go by the ethnicity then sure some ethnicities that reside within china today should be known for being incredibly warlike. Mongols for example.

On the other hand han chinks kinda became full autism after the Tang dynasty and went from on the one hand killing all their generals only to get mongol'd to being super autistic in the Ming dynasty.
>>
>>2202094
desu the Southern song fucked up their part of the bargain and it was then the mognols sought to take advantage of Song weakness.

Even then it would take them like half acentury to conquer Southern Song
>>
>>2196702
>Small loss of Vietnamese territory along Sino-Vietnamese border to China

This constitutes as china invading all of south east asia? Lol Op's point hasn't been refuted once in this big thread.
>>
>>2186257
/thread
>>
>>2187437

Yeah and that's why rome died in 400 AD, and of all your "superior" europeans are ruled by a country in ASIA with Tel Aviv as it's capital and shabbos goys like Merkel.
>>
>>2202238

The conquest of the Song was done without all the other Khanates of the west sending troops to help with the conquest, well atleast after 1250 or so.
>>
>>2186259
Z Gundam was a mistake.
>>
>>2187356
How is that different from the Chinese expansion to encompass all of current China?
>>
>>2187437
>Well Europe went shit after Rome collapsed.

This meme again.
>>
>>2189982
>continent of Asia
That's just a meme.

If you're unwilling to take Eurasia as a single continent, you must then also separate India+SEA, the Middle East and the Far East into separate continents too.
>>
>>2189890
>Ethiopia
>Occupied for a couple of weeks by Italy
>"""Controlled by Europe""""
>>
>>2190788
The Chinese Warring States period lasted about as long as the European Warring States (i.e., the Middle Ages) period. It just happened 1.5 millennia beforehand.
>>
>>2186037

Because the places they invaded were erased from history. Nice try Germanicus.
>>
>>2190799
>I've never understood why Han Chinese can claim Tibet and Xinjiang belongs to Han Chinese when it was Manchu and Mongolian bannerman who conquered those regions.
Because Han Chinese was never synonymous with Chinese civilization.

The modern definition of Han Chinese in the ethnic sense only dates to the Republican Period.
>>
>>2190799
Because it was started by the Qing to justify their empire. And the people who viewed themselves as successors to the Qing empire, whether Republican, KMT or CCP, all then inherited that claim
>>
>>2206215
So you mean the entire legitimacy of the PRC's current borders + claim to Taiwan is based off of an imperial dynasty conquests from the 1700's?

lol >"""communists"""
>>
>>2186819
>pushed out the Turks from their steppes into the Middle East.
Mongols did that. Not Chinks.

Only time Chinks ever had a considerable amount of dominance over Turkics (and mongoliics) was around Taizong's rule. And that's mostly because Turks were dumb as fuck so they couldn't fucking figure out how to manage a fucking state. Other than that and a few exceptions, chinks were STEPPE'd most of the time.
>>
>>2206314
>implicating the Mongols pushed Seljuk to shit 200 years before Genghis
>implicating the Mongols triggered the rise of the Gokturks, or the Pechenegs, or the Khazars

Read
a
fucking
book
>>
>>2206330
>Mongols pushed Seljuk to shit 200 years before Genghis
Mongolia pretty much became Mongolian around 10th century. Turkics at the time either migrated to west or south.

>Mongols triggered the rise of the Gokturks
Rouran Khaganate
>Pechenges
Karluk and Ugric tribes
>Khazars
Sassanids and Turkic Khaganate (Gokturks)
>>
>>2206285
It was the same with the USSR so I don't really get the lol communists meme. If you look up Taiwanese policy on it they also claim Tibet as part of China.
>>
>>2195407

Europeans are indeed weird. The history of Taiwan provides such a fine contrast between Europe and China. An Island almost in eye sight of China, left alone until a bunch of Dutch adventurists sailed around Cape Horn to develop the place, inviting Chinese laborers.

Today the cornerstone of Chinese identity is that Taiwan belongs to China since the dawn of time.

This is also why I think Columbus day should remain. Not because he was a bit of an ass. But because crazy dreamers with big cohones are the cornerstone of European greatness.
>>
>>2206344
2/10 the rouran khaganate wasn't even in the same timeframe as the Gokturks

read
a
fucking
book
>>
>>2206374
>the cornerstone of chinese identity is that taiwan belongs to china

Source? Taiwan is an issue because it is a challenge to CCP legitmacy. That's not the same as a chinese identity.
>>
>>2206364
The difference is, Taiwan doesn't prance around pretending a stateless egalitarian society is just around the corner if only the proles work that much harder while funneling capital into the private sector.
>>
>>2206401
I don't disagree but it doesn't really have anything to do with international law and custom relating to borders and succession
>>
>>2206391

I do not have a source, but from my personal experience, the status of Taiwan is a cornerstone of Chinese nationalism and runs much deeper than CCP legitimacy.

Your common Chinese person has no problem criticizing the CCP. The CCP for them is expected to do rule well and that's it. But Taiwan, even among anti communist Chinese, is part of China and that's final.
>>
>>2206420
Because of 60 years of communist Xi Nao (thats brainwashing for you, gaijin).

Taiwan could turn independent tomorrow and the PRC would continue to exist. Literally nothing would change.Perhaps back in 47 till the 50s when there was still a threat of a KMT invasion it might have been some existential threat to the CCP but right now its just old fogeys perpetuating an outdated meme, much like the North Korean issue.
>>
>>2194103

Read about the Akkadian Empire you dumb eurocentrist, yeah that one empire that existed 2000 years before Rome
>>
>>2206314
>Other than that and a few exceptions, chinks were STEPPE'd most of the time.
>Early Chinese did relatively well against semi pastoralists/pastoralists. Though the semi pastoralist Rong/Di were former agriculturists with affinities to Sinic civilization.
Shang vs Guifang
Western Zhou vs Rong
Qi vs Shanrong
Qin vs Xirong
Yan vs Donghu
Qin vs Xiongnu
Cao Wei vs Xianbei
etc.
>>
Asians are such manlet betas lol
>>
China was quite large and they were able to source their resource requirements from their own country.

Inter-asiatic land and sea trade was also quite prosperous.

Industrialization didn't begin until well after the peak of the colonial era, so there was not as much of a demand for raw material and economies to export to.
>>
>>2194799
>Founded by Genghis Khan (who had red hair according to historical documents)
Is this bait?
>>
>>2186257
a cuckservative

lmao
>>
>>2186037
Mongoloids can't fight
>>
>>2187046
literal leftist redditor come to colonise /his/, huh?
>>
>>2187046
>/his/
>informed discussion
LOL
>>
>>2189878

bump
>>
>>2186037
Learn some geography man. China is blocked from India by a huge mountain range, and from south-east Asia by dense tropical jungle (although despite this they have dominated Vietnam for much of history). And they're blocked off from central Asia by a huge desert.
>>
>>2201808
Lol at all these excuses
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.