[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this true /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 3352059123_7be40a62fa_b.jpg (641KB, 1024x824px) Image search: [Google]
3352059123_7be40a62fa_b.jpg
641KB, 1024x824px
Is there "a quiet racism extolling the abilities of the Old World peoples and implicitly denigrating the accomplishments of New World indigenous peoples." ???
>>
>>2182050
It's more like how McDonalds has a "healthy" portion of their menu but they make the real money off Big Macs and french fries.
>>
>>2182050
>accomplishments of New World indigenous peoples

What accomplishments would they be?
>>
>>2182050
Have you ever actually met someone who believes native Americans are primitive savages besides random internet trolls? I have been told by liberals that such people exist and are the majority, but at this point they are beginning to seem like the chupacabra.

The modern bias is overwhelmingly in favor of new world peoples, even in the 50s the natives were presented as sympathetic (if stereotyped) characters in cowboy movies when in reality they were a bunch of thugs little different from the white man. I see "hunter gatherers lived in harmony with nature and didn't chop trees down", "tenochtitlan had 300000 people, more than any european city at the time" and "the incas had a sophisticated government and an education system" everywhere even though these things aren't really exceptional.
>>
>>2182122
Nah, in South America plenty of people despise their indigenous brethren and regularly deny their own heritage except for when it comes to raking in some tourism bucks.
>>
>>2182352
True, somehow they adore the ancient indian and their pyramids but hate the living surviving native among them
>>
File: canoes.jpg (134KB, 564x734px) Image search: [Google]
canoes.jpg
134KB, 564x734px
>>2182122
Tenochtitlan was really exceptional
>>
>>2182122
>Have you ever actually met someone who believes native Americans are primitive savages besides random internet trolls? I have been told by liberals that such people exist and are the majority, but at this point they are beginning to seem like the chupacabra.The modern bias is overwhelmingly in favor of new world peoples, even in the 50s the natives were presented as sympathetic (if stereotyped) characters in cowboy movies when in reality they were a bunch of thugs little different from the white man. I see "hunter gatherers lived in harmony with nature and didn't chop trees down", "tenochtitlan had 300000 people, more than any european city at the time" and "the incas had a sophisticated government and an education system" everywhere even though these things aren't really exceptional.
This is the case with most non-white groups in the West post-60s. The problem is non-Whites don't have everything they want (since the world is competition, that's Whites having anything at all).
>>
>>2182122
>they were a bunch of thugs little different from the white man
in their defense, despite fighting each other all teh time, that reputation was gained for constantly raiding white settlements, which I gather was much more violent and regular than their petty wars

in their defense, I'd fucking scalp you too if you came to my land uninvited, and I really hope this were done more often
"Europe" goes without saying
>>
>>2184075
Iirc, scalping wasn't originally a Native American practice. It originated in the various French-Indian Wars as Britain and France would pay Indians for "enemy" scalps.
>>
>>2184079
yeah, idkw I said that
>>
>>2184085
Cuz you are stupid.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.