[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the world be better if he'd had his way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1387639810228.cached.jpg (353KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1387639810228.cached.jpg
353KB, 2000x1333px
Would the world be better if he'd had his way?
>>
>>2177716

yes. petrodollar-funded Wahhabism is the worst thing to have happened to the middle east since the mongols and it would never have happened under the Hashemites
>>
>>2177716

can you give us a little backround info?
>>
File: pepe of arabia.png (1MB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
pepe of arabia.png
1MB, 4500x4334px
>>2177716
Is Lawrence of Arabia a good and accurate movie?
I don't want to watch 4 hours of something that is bullshit.
>>
>>2177762

It overstates his role, IRL he was one of several liaison officers attached in an advisory role to irregular Arab units and he certainly wasn't leading the rebellion

also they included some stuff in the film that are from his memoirs but have been proven to be total fabrications

that said it's my favorite movie of all time
>>
>>2177762
You should watch it because regardless of historical accuracy it's one of the greatest films ever made.
>>
>>2177723
>yes. petrodollar-funded Wahhabism is the worst thing to have happened to the middle east since the mongols and it would never have happened under the Hashemites

This. Would the Middle East have still been a horrible mess of colonial meddling and tribal politics? Yup. However, keeping the Wahhabists from coming to power via the rise of the Sa'ud family would definitely have changed the flavor of the region's issues as it exists today.
>>
>>2177723
This makes me miserably sad, really
>>
>>2177762
One of the greatest films ever made.
>>
>>2177716
The Kali Yuga is the era of Protestantism. Whabbism is just the Islamic version.
>>
File: 1458944311138.jpg (212KB, 450x563px) Image search: [Google]
1458944311138.jpg
212KB, 450x563px
He was so beautiful guys. Why is it always the pretty ones that are taken from us early?
>>
>>2177762
It is not accurate but they don't make films like it anymore
>>
>>2177762
The film IS history, it no longer matters if the historical events are portrayed accurately. It's transcended into its own thing.
>>
>>2181083
He was 5'4". Good luck masterbating to this gay masochist Manlet now
>>
>>2177723
Fpbp
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.