[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try to convince me that what this guy did wasn't justified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 174px-Vlad_Tepes_001.jpg (8KB, 174x240px) Image search: [Google]
174px-Vlad_Tepes_001.jpg
8KB, 174x240px
Try to convince me that what this guy did wasn't justified
>>
File: Dracula2_TC2.png (234KB, 1232x1637px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula2_TC2.png
234KB, 1232x1637px
Because vampire
>>
Didn't this guy invited mentally ill people to a house to dine only to burn the place up?
>>
>>2177551
I asked my Romanian workmate about him and she insisted I call him Vlad Tepes, not "Vlad the Impaler". She also didn't know about the Dracula legend, so I had to explain about our interpretation of that.

Apparently they see him as a national hero, a leader who managed to defend Wallachia from the Ottomans time and time again. They know that he did some pretty brutal things but that they were necessary.

By the sounds of it, I think his actions were justified in order to protect Orthodox Europe from Islamic invasion. But again I'm not really knowledgeable about the subject, just interested. The difference is I know an actual Romanian to talk about it with.
>>
>>2177551

removing kebap is always justified anon
>>
>>2177861
My wife is Romanian and doesn't mind if I call him "Vlad the Impaler." When you look at the Ottoman devshirme system's enslavement of Christian boys from Europe, I feel that his actions were 100% justified.

Also, I remember visiting a "Turkish" forest in Romania. Her family said that either that's a location of mass impalement, or that Turkish soldiers were forced to plant trees while POWs.
>>
>>2177880
I'd heard about that devshirme system. The source I saw was really biased towards the Ottomans though, and said something like "they raised Christian kids into fine Janissaries, at least they didn't kill them like muslims would have been killed in Europe". Because apparently, enslavement and forced assimilation are so much better.
>>
>>2177880

Your wife calls me Vlad because I impale her.
>>
>>2177990
Your wife calls me Dracula because I drink her blood every full moon :^)
>>
well that depends who you are

if Romanian, you would think he was a good hero
if Ottoman you would think he was a savage
if you were a mainstream member of the clergy at the time you'd think what he did was a little excessive.
>>
>>2177897
I too have learned about the devshirme system from the Ottoman perspective at university. Ironic that professors consider the enslavement of European Christian boys and their forced conversion, circumcision, and being forced into the sultan's slave army as morally ambiguous, but the Trans-Atlantic slave trade was nothing other than pure evil.

>>2177990
Crude
>>
>>2177880
Wow never heard of those forests in Rumania. Do you remember its name?
>>
What he did isn't totally justifiable but definetly more understandable due to what he saw as a child.
>>
>>2178950
>Ironic that professors consider the enslavement of European Christian boys and their forced conversion, circumcision, and being forced into the sultan's slave army as morally ambiguous, but the Trans-Atlantic slave trade was nothing other than pure evil.
But it simply is different. Did slaves consistently occupy prominent positions in the government? Can you point out a vice president that was a slave? Of course this does not disprove the fact that they were slaves (technically) but in the Ottoman tradition everyone was "a slave of the government" (kul is I believe the word used for it).

For the army part, I don't think being a paid soldier with possibility of retirement with benefits is not the exact definition of being a slave in Western standards.
>>
>>2177778
In romanian 197smth movie he has invited all kinds of lowlifes and beggars. His servant took all the real disabled people away from the building and then set it on fire.
>>
The guy was undoubtedly a hero, but also undoubtedly a psychopath and apparently an obsessive compulsive too. He punished everyone in his kingdom with 'death' regardless of how trivial the crime.
>>
>>2177880
Those christian boys became top officials. They enslaved them because it was forbidden to enslave muslims.
In those times military was high end status, those boys became that and not some plebteir gypsy nigger
>>
>>2177861
ČšepeČ™ litteraly mean "the impaler" in romanian
your friend must be very dump
>>
>>2177551
I'm a turk and I don't think he was devil incarnate, ottomans and many others did similar if not exact tactics.

I do find he is a bit overrated though, Mihai the brave was a far better leader and him and stefan I would say fought with ottomans far more efficient than Vlad ever did. Vlad literally memed into the first position.

Sad that Romania had many fighters but got their real independence in late 19th century. Ottoman assigned tax colletors, Phanariots really bled the country dry. I also think its absurd that most turks, whose ancestors were pissant poor farmers in anatolia taking pride in what ottmans did, or romanians acting as if the average turk had a stake in their explotation. But thats life.
>>
File: le_kebab remover lie.jpg (106KB, 326x649px) Image search: [Google]
le_kebab remover lie.jpg
106KB, 326x649px
>>2177551
why does /his/ shill this guy so hard yet leave out the fact that he got btfoed and his ''''kingdom''' was conquered.
but no, instead "LEEE DEFENDER OF GHRISTIAN YUROOOP..HE KEPT US SAFE !!!!1111"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.