[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Wikipedia mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170102_201734.jpg (62KB, 540x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170102_201734.jpg
62KB, 540x454px
What did Wikipedia mean by this?
>>
File: neolithic woman.jpg (250KB, 1074x678px) Image search: [Google]
neolithic woman.jpg
250KB, 1074x678px
>>2172096
I think it's true, look at how prominent the fertility female rites were. You even see this in the Americas, there's this ancient desire to depict fertile thicc women. I think the Minoans were even still had some traces of this left in their culture.
>>
Probably commenting on the fact that early societies didn't have the ability to concentrate material possessions to particular individuals, nor were there much occasion for status-institutions, but that this stopped being the case as groups developed, centralized, and the more physically capable, and uninhibited by pregnancy male demographic took and consolidated control.
>>
>>2172096
Have you read a single book on anthropology ever? Even ones published before the "SJW menace" suggest early societies were extremely egalitarian with de facto absolute democracies - the most primitive form of government, as well as rampant polygamy, polyamory, and incest
>>
>>2172136

minoan women werent thicc but tanned, skinny and usually dressed
>>
>>2172147
>as well as rampant polygamy, polyamory, and incest

Pedophilia was probably rampant too, and maybe even homosex
>>
>>2172096

Primitive societies had / have quite strict gender roles and often feature a kind of "parallel society", with men and women essentially living apart for much of their time. But despite this,or perhaps because of it, they have very clear rights and freedoms for both sexes in appropriate areas, for example infanticide was typically seen as a female prerogative, and rape seems to be universally condemned except as "spoils of war".

Certainly most feminists would describe most primitive societies as "patriarchial" on the basis of the strict division of labor (men hunt, women raise children) and the seemingly exclusive male role in "politics" or "diplomacy" between tribes, even tho women may have wielded power in religion, in magic, and with social measures such as public shaming and ridicule (the taboo against striking women even when they provoke it is as near as I can tell also a universal, alongside teh rape taboo).
>>
>>2172147
>with de facto absolute democracies

"Democracies" in the Greek sense, excluding women.
>>
>>2172186
>and maybe even homosex
Ugh, would there really be that much motivation for that stuff back then? That's disgusting
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.