[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mohammed Daoud Khan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 200px-Mohammed-Daoud-Khan.jpg (9KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Mohammed-Daoud-Khan.jpg
9KB, 200x279px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Daoud_Khan
Was he /ourguy/?
>overthrew king that did nothing but smoke dope all day in a peaceful revolution
>established the Republic of Afghanistan
>allowed the country to be secular, peaceful and prosperous
>took up arms and defended his entire family against hordes of communist revolutionaries who eventually broke in and slaughtered everyone
Afghanistan was basically a first world/western country back in the day, the kingdom (1926-1973) was rather successful and things were really great in the republic (1973-1978). It was so safe that there were tons of American hippies traveling the countryside for vacations and such. The reason Afghanistan is considered basically the worst country on earth now (and rightfully so) is because after the communists took over in the Saur Revolution and killed /ourguy/ they handed power to the soviets a year later. From there they lost power in a few short years to the Islamists who were previously kept in check by the king and president. Once religious fundamentalists get ahold of your country (post-communist might I add, as well as with a population easily persuaded by public opinion) you can fill in the gaps. Then the US invaded in 2001 and it's basically unsalvageable now.

Ah, how things could've been..
>>
I've read stories of English tourists driving from Jordan all the way to the Afghanistan/Pakistan border in the 60s totally unmolested.

might have been cool
>>
he objectively was and I think everyone is in agreement except some butthurt tankies, not much to argue over in this thread
>>
>>2169639
>afghanistan was a first world country
>here's pictures from kabul to prove it.
epik
>>
>>2169849
It was
>>
>>2169639
>Afghanistan was basically a first world/western country back in the day, the kingdom

No.

>>2171385
Not even close
>>
>>2169639
>Afghanistan a first world western country back in the day

I´ve got this really layed back uncle. He was one of the thousands of western europeans that drove to India threw europe and got stuck in Afghanistan, mostly because the dope was awesome and life was good and cheap. He showed me the dias once. Now Afghanistan was a pretty laid back country back then, but most people, especcially in the countryside, essentially lived like in the middle ages. No pictures of some upper class girls in a Park wearing miniskirts is going to change that fact.

It was still much better than today though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.