[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >still being a slave to spooks just kill yourselves plebs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px)
stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
>2017
>still being a slave to spooks

just kill yourselves plebs
>>
>>2168118
Catholics aren't Christian
>>
>>2168118

>hehe spooks!-t. 18 year old newfag
>>
>2017
>being a stirntard
kys please
>>
I can guarantee you are though op it is impossible not to be.
>>
>>2168726
Not really.

Compassion can be justified through self interest.
>>
naive
>>
>>2168728
sure thing and?
>>
>>2168732
Its then not a spook shithead.
>>
>>2168737
okay? seems like a moot point doofus
>>
Can you plebs just read Stirner? I mean, it's 2017...
>>
File: 1470965719566.jpg (392KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1470965719566.jpg
392KB, 2000x2000px
>>2168779
why would I do something like that?
>>
File: spook.png (94KB, 637x667px) Image search: [Google]
spook.png
94KB, 637x667px
>>2168118
>>
>>2168118
Anarchism is a spook
>>
>>2168811
Anarchists don't follow majority vote.
>>
ego is a spook
spook is a spook

t. buddha, the true spookbuster
>>
>>2168834
Retard.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 209x241px
>>2168857
Why? You're the one posting untrue and not funny pics.
>>
Aside from the memes, can anybody offer any valid arguments against Stirner? I've read The Ego And Its Own and I actually agree with most of what he says.
>>
>>2169239
It would depend on what your argument would presuppose. Stirner brought Young Hegelian materialism to its logical conclusion, while making fun of dialectics in the process as well.
If you have an entirely different metaphysical view, Stirner would be pretty useless to you.
>>
>>2169248
What do you mean? Stirner never claimed ideas like God or morality don't exist, but that there is no reason to serve them. Everything he says about morality for example could be applied to regular king. The only difference is that the king is material, and thus can harm you.
>>
>>2169253
>Stirner never claimed ideas like God or morality don't exist, but that there is no reason to serve them.
I find that a very poor reading of stirner

Anyway, my argument was that Stirner is mainly arguing both for and against materialism, in the sense that he attacks Feuerbach's and Marx' naive materialism, but takes it further.
If you would, for instance, be a cartesian dualist, Stirner isn't exactly making a direct argument against it. Sure you could use Stirner's work to form one, but that's not directly within the scope of what he wrote.
>>
>>2169239
I believe in truth (though don't believe humans are capable of knowing it fully on earth) I believe in Platonism and think being part of something bigger than yourself gives you meaning and identity.

In short I don't agree with stirner.
>>
>>2169594
>being this spooked
Also not an arguement
>>
File: modern neanderthal.jpg (186KB, 1920x1311px) Image search: [Google]
modern neanderthal.jpg
186KB, 1920x1311px
>>2168118
Explain how your meme philosophy would actually make society better.
>>
>>2169630
I'm not in the mood to make arguments, just wanted to point out they exist.
>>
>>2168118

Suicide is a spook
>>
>>2169677
I think it has something to do with being so wrapped up in externalities you are unable to self-actualize. Like attaching undue meaning to material objects and being unable to let go of preconceived notions of the way things are "supposed to be".
>>
>>2169594
>think being part of something bigger than yourself gives you meaning and identity.
So are you making yourself part of a bigger cause out of your own self interest or do you actually believe there is something greater above yourself you need to serve? If it's the former, you're not that spooked.
>>
>>2169677
>society
Ayy.
>>
>>2169974
Greater above myself that's in the interest of me and God that I serve.
>>
File: url.png (8KB, 238x211px)
url.png
8KB, 238x211px
>>2170035
Not sure if b8 or actually that spooked
>>
>2017
>people STILL say Stirner didn't believe in morality, even though the premise was that spooks make people act more immorally
>>
>>2168728
the self-interest of those scared by the terrible retaliation of starving children and slaughtered non-humans (meanwhile "self-interested" angry warriors actually risk and lose their lives for justice)
>>
>>2170343
if he cared so much for morality he might have explained why shouldn't i increase my physical comfort at the expense of powerless sentients
>>
>>2169836
material comfort without effort is a spook lmao, let empty bellies forced to toil know that
>>
File: martin_heidegger_ap_img.jpg (491KB, 1500x1172px) Image search: [Google]
martin_heidegger_ap_img.jpg
491KB, 1500x1172px
Childhood is about idolizing Stirner, Adulthood is realizing Heidegger makes more sense.
>>
>>2169594
do your platonic ideas send to hell those who refuse to serve them or are they just as powerless as marxian dialectics unable to punish those who put worldly opportunism over sacrifice on behalf of humanity?
>>
>>2170508
has heidegger ever figured out any argument able to discourage a stirnerian from putting his whim (sometimes even self-destructive whims like those laughable imbeciles who sacrificed for the oppressed show us) above the rest of the world?
>>
>>2170509
They only exist. They aren't powerless though, considering they've drove humanity from our beginning and continue to do so.
>>
>>2168853
ego is a spook which is why those who starve and are dismembered by bombs shouldn't be so upset about the fate of such a spook
>>
>>2170516
is greed such a platonic idea? because out there i see greed trampling upon all you cherish with empty churches and activists being laughingstocks
>>
>>2170524i
>Is greed such a platonic idea?
Yes actually.
>>
>>2168834
mah NAP is invisibly stronger than a majority forcing on the weaker because justice is a magic force
>>
>>2170524
Can you see greed? Can you feel greed? No. Yet you see greed existing. Therefore you yourself accept Platonism, even if you don't know it.
>>
>>2170533
when i see people longing for material comfort i tell them "stick to your hunger and sweat because being able to enjoy what you want without effort is a spook"
>>
>>2170542
hunger is a spook, kropotkinian bread-bakers should have known better
>>
>>2170551
Is this sarcasm or a sincere statement?
>>
>>2170546
I think you misunderstand what a spook is. Wanting to enjoy material effort without working for it is the opposite a spook. Its the needs of the ego.
>>
File: IMG_0095.jpg (603KB, 763x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
603KB, 763x990px
You who prattle that morality is social and that man would need no morality on a desert island—it is on a desert island that he would need it most. Let him try to claim, when there are no victims to pay for it, that a rock is a house, that sand is clothing, that food will drop into his mouth without cause or effort, that he will collect a harvest tomorrow by devouring his stock seed today—and reality will wipe him out, as he deserves; reality will show him that life is a value to be bought and that thinking is the only coin noble enough to buy it.
>>
>>2170589
it is so comfortable that society makes exploitation of weaker sentients possible so that we don't have to personally extract the coltan for which subsaharan children helpless against imperialism have died in mines
>>
Why do people always break down Stirner to topics of spooks and property?

Isn't that missing Stirner's drift?
>>
>>2170648
what else is there?
>>
by the way an egoist might profit more from the sacrifice of selfless people instrumental to his purposes than by an union of egoists (especially those egoists who don't enslave weaker sentients because chickens might revolt and reverse the relations of power and this is a scary thing threatening our self-interest)
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (59KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
59KB, 400x282px
Just read it. He’s pre-capitalist, a figure of the Enlightenment. What we would call capitalism he despised. People read snippets of Adam Smith, the few phrases they teach in school. Everybody reads the first paragraph of The Wealth of Nations where he talks about how wonderful the division of labor is. But not many people get to the point hundreds of pages later, where he says that division of labor will destroy human beings and turn people into creatures as stupid and ignorant as it is possible for a human being to be. And therefore in any civilized society the government is going to have to take some measures to prevent division of labor from proceeding to its limits.

He did give an argument for markets, but the argument was that under conditions of perfect liberty, markets will lead to perfect equality. That’s the argument for them, because he thought that equality of condition (not just opportunity) is what you should be aiming at. It goes on and on. He gave a devastating critique of what we would call North-South policies. He was talking about England and India. He bitterly condemned the British experiments they were carrying out which were devastating India.

He also made remarks which ought to be truisms about the way states work. He pointed out that its totally senseless to talk about a nation and what we would nowadays call “national interests.” He simply observed in passing, because it’s so obvious, that in England, which is what he’s discussing — and it was the most democratic society of the day — the principal architects of policy are the “merchants and manufacturers,” and they make certain that their own interests are, in his words, “most peculiarly attended to,” no matter what the effect on others, including the people of England who, he argued, suffered from their policies. He didn’t have the data to prove it at the time, but he was probably right.
>>
>>2170689
>He’s pre-capitalist, a figure of the Enlightenment
>Enlightenment
>Enlightenment
October 25, 1806 - June 26, 1856
>Enlightenment
>>
>>2168811
Democracy is a spirit
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (1MB, 917x1200px)
IMG_0098.jpg
1MB, 917x1200px
Sharing the humanist and rationalist outlook of the European Enlightenment of the same time period, the thinkers of the Scottish Enlightenment asserted the fundamental importance of human reason combined with a rejection of any authority that could not be justified by reason. They held to an optimistic belief in the ability of humanity to effect changes for the better in society and nature, guided only by reason. This latter feature gave the Scottish Enlightenment its special flavour, distinguishing it from its continental European counterpart. In Scotland, the Enlightenment was characterised by a thoroughgoing empiricism and practicality where the chief values were improvement, virtue, and practical benefit for the individual and society as a whole.

Among the fields that rapidly advanced were philosophy, political economy, engineering, architecture, medicine, geology, archaeology, law, agriculture, chemistry and sociology. Among the Scottish thinkers and scientists of the period were Francis Hutcheson, David Hume, Adam Smith, Dugald Stewart, Thomas Reid, Robert Burns, Adam Ferguson, John Playfair, Joseph Black and James Hutton.
>>
>>2170499

Because you appropriate their suffering. And if you don't and you're a psycho, they wouldn't put up with it anyway because they won't be spooked into helping you.
>>
>>2171359
because children dismembered by bombs or forced to extract our coltan in deadly mines are totally able to retaliate if they weren't manipulated by spooks and it's not like middle-class white men are totally indifferent to the spooks of humanity and justice with no screeching humanist able to prevent their boot from stomping the face of the powerless portions of mankind
>>
it's like with the slaughtered non-human sentients "you have been spooked into believing you have a right to enslave and kill them" as if they were somehow sacred and inviolable (well the suffering we inflict on them for our taste buds to enjoy their flesh shows they aren't inviolable at all)
>>
seems like the "spook" of anthropocentrism and racism allow for unabashed enjoyment of exploitation of other sentients while the unfortunate handicap of empathy cripples the lives of those who are condamned to be wrecked by guilt (those unfortunate enough to be tormented by such a handicap might as well look the other way and enjoy the fruits of exploitation of sentient life, much like one hasn't to look straight into the sun in order to get beautifully tanned)
>>
>>2168118
Stirner was a liberal idealist
>>
>>2169286
>Feuerbach's and Marx' naive materialism

You're not lumping these two together are you? You really have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>2171573
the less naive of the two is famously the one making objective scientific predictions
>>
File: A83YA9iCQAE0-bd.jpg (70KB, 473x340px) Image search: [Google]
A83YA9iCQAE0-bd.jpg
70KB, 473x340px
>It's another spookposting thread
Stirnerlings are the most cancerous motherfuckers this side of /pol/
>>
>>2168811
why should she be withholding something like that from the group? Selfish.
>>
File: 1483055178440.jpg (58KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1483055178440.jpg
58KB, 500x380px
Subscribing to Stirner's concept of spoils is a spook. To unspook your self you must spook yourself to the fact that you can't unspiok yourself because everything is spioks and nothing is spooks.

Kind of spooky when you think about it.
>>
>>2168118
>68 replies
>>
>>2172813
I respect how you counted your own reply
>>
>>2171573
>You're not lumping these two together are you?
Pre-German Ideology Marx was very much like Feuerbach
>>
>>2172429

That's why you say it at the beginning, explain what a spook is, and then go from there.
>>
>>2168811
They would've done it with or without the vote, because they were willing and stronger than her.
>>
File: plebs.jpg (75KB, 439x475px) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
75KB, 439x475px
You are all pseudointellectuals.

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.
>>
Thread quality is most definitely a spook on /his/.
>>
>>2168124
>>2168129
Why does the newfag pretending to be an oldfag get so butthurt about Stirner?

Stirner is classic 4chan "I do it for the lulz" philosophy, not this idiotic newfag right wing ideological crusade, where everything they disagree with is evil, that has taken over 4chan in recent years.
>>
the current year is a spook
>>
>>2174373
>They would've done it with or without the vote, because they were willing and stronger than her.

spooks famously make good people evil it's not like it's the other way round
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.