[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people on /his/ praise these incompetent retards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Byzantine_Empire_animated2.gif (490KB, 800x370px) Image search: [Google]
Byzantine_Empire_animated2.gif
490KB, 800x370px
Why do so many people on /his/ praise these incompetent retards?
>>
N-no bully
>>
Justinian should've conquered East instead of West
>>
Because they are the remnants of an empire that held Europe within its grasp?
>>
So they can be Romaboos and still get hipster points.

Also, muh theocracy.
>>
>>2167272

>it's another Constantinople is shit thread

/his/ gets worse literally every day.
>>
File: 1480932171202.jpg (2MB, 2234x1498px) Image search: [Google]
1480932171202.jpg
2MB, 2234x1498px
>>2167272
They had good art, were the last bastion of the original Roman Empire, and it's one of the countries that most people seem to learn about later in their life, which makes people interested in learning about it.
>>
>>2167395
>beard
>pre-Hadrian helmet

barbarian scum
>>
>>2167403
Beards went in and out of fashion in the Empire. Really depended on the famous patrician of the Republic or Emperor of the time.
>>
Not really incompetent, just a series of unfortunate events (justinian plague, islam, bulgarians, slavs, mongols, crusades, plague 2 electric boogaloo and turks)

They're pretty under-discussed in conventional history which is probably why people are so hungry to find information about them. That aside they were also seemingly exempt from the European dark ages.
>>
>>2167409

Yeah,

From the first Kings of Rome up until all-around badass Greekaboo, Scippio, who kept a well-shaved face. From then on, eeevryone shaved.

Then, good old contrarian (also greekaboo) Hadrian kept a full-beard, which inspired everyone afterward to carry a beard.

This lasted up until Constantine, who was also well-shaven. Well-shaven emperors dominated until about the time of Heraclius (with the exception of also Greekaboo Julian, and a few others)
>>
>>2167448
>Greekaboo
>Scipio
>well-shaved face

fake Greekaboo.
>>
>>2167272
Interesting history with an exotic element, plus Constantinople. The City alone is enough to warrant attention to the byzies.
>>
>>2167403
Could be a mourning beard.
>>
Why do so many impotent Turks that got bullied off of /pol/ come to /his/ and shit up the joint?
>>
>>2167409
>>2167448
My understanding has been that from the early Republic to Hadrian citizens didn't wear beards except in times of mourning, such as when Augustus didn't shave until he avenged Julius Caesar. Since the helmet looks like it's an Imperial Gallic and doesn't have the cruciform added during the Dacian Wars by Trajan, I would assume this is set pre-Hadrian and thus before it became the norm to regularly wear a beard.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.