[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would he think of Germany today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg (55KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg
55KB, 365x450px
What would he think of Germany today?
>>
>needs more Prussia
>>
>>2161162
People often think that Bismarck would disapprove of what Germany is today, but I absolutely don't think so. He'd probably feel bad about what happened to Prussia but he was no German nationalist. Within the European context, Germany has never been more powerful than today and he'd well likely respect that.
>>
>>2162196
You ever heard of the Third Reich?
>>
>>2162242
You mean the Reich that destroyed itself in less than a decade?
>>
>>2162242
You mean the one who picked a fight with the whole world and got itself divided for forty years?
>>
>>2161162
He wouldn't give much of a crap and tend to his family's enterprise instead that connected his name to schnapps, mineral water and herrings
>>
>>2162242
The the state that for all generations will be the embodiment of "start shit, get hit"?
>>
>>2162196
>People often think that Bismarck would disapprove of what Germany is today, but I absolutely don't think so.
Yet another historical illiterate. But I guess it's /his/.
>>
>>2162251
Less than a decade? It was 11 years i'll have you know.
>>2162249
Yeah, the one that managed to fight three superpowers simultaneously, you think Merkel's Germany could do that?

Regardless I was responding to >>2162196

>Germany has never been more powerful than today

Really? Because having hegemony over (essentially) the entirety of the continent is probably a little bit more formidable than being the implied leader of a fragile union. I'm sure Bismark would have been more impressed with Germany's European borders beginning at Matala and ending at Nordkapp than a Germany that is smaller than Norway and ends at the fucking Oder.
>>
>>2162274
What makes you think he would disapprove?
>>
>>2162242
Sometimes soft power is more useful than hard power.
Works well for the Albion.
>>2162196
I think he'd approve of just how fragmented and influenced by Germany the former Austrian, Ottoman and Russian empires are.
All of the countries that emerged bar Belarus are now a German playground. Ukraine is a dangerous playground tho.
>>
>>2161162
"was a mistake"
>>
Germany has the 2nd best gdp. Their gdp per capita could go down with immigrants, but thats not too big a deal.
>>
>>2162290
>Yeah, the one that managed to fight three superpowers simultaneously, you think Merkel's Germany could do that?
I don't think a clever politician like Bismarck would be impressed by futile acts of military prowerss and bravery that left Germany broken and occupied.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.