[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Mortality (The Black Death)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (219KB, 1024x785px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 1024x785px
Know any good historians or writings or works of historical fiction like books/movies about the Great Mortality, more commonly known as the Black Death that cannot be found with a simple Google search and a quick skim of the first page or so? I'm really interesting in finding out more about the time period. Especially how is is basically the closest we've ever come to a true apocoliptic situation.
>>
It is a commonly known fact the Poles are responsible for the Black Death
>>
>stl peters basilica
>300 years before being built
>>
>>2160642
There is a book by John Kelly called the great mortality that is pretty good
>>
>>2160642
>plague mask in the 14th century
reee
>>
>>2160642

Not read them but the following are apparently well regarded.

The Scourging Angel - Benedict Gummer

The Black Death: The Intimate Story of a Village in Crisis 1345-50 - John Hatcher
>>
>>2161831

There's also an excellent BBC documentary called Christina: A medieval life. It's main focus is about reconstructing a medieval peasant woman's life from the numerous records that still survive about her, however it talks about the plague, it's potential causes and it's aftermath at quite some length.

Should be up on YouTube.
>>
how the FUCK did cagliari get black death?????????????
>>
>>2161885
Ships exist retard.
>>
>>2161885
>>2161898

Here we go again...
>>
>>2160642
>Warsaw (spared)

Warsaw was a small town at the time, it wasn't even the capital of its duchy.
>>
File: PathologicInfectedTownMap.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PathologicInfectedTownMap.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
Pathologic

An entire steppe town isolated from the rest of the nation, slowly breaks it's own society into chaos under the rumors of a mysterious plague.
>>
>>2161963
>>2160642
Also why is Copenhagen in Pomerania? The map is just fucked in general.
>>
>>2161974

London apparently covers all of Wales too.
>>
>>2161014
It was revenge for Partitions
>>
>>2161885
president cagliari forgot to close down everything
>>
>>2161974
It's just a nice visual that goes with the topic. Accuracy of the visual wasn't my main concern. I'm just curious about finding out more sources besides what's generally known.
>>
>>2161072
That's the Pantheon, anon.
>>
I got some good stuff to look through for the next week or two but does anyone have anything else?
>>
File: ackchyually.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>2164541
>nice
It's awful.
>>
>>2161072
3/10 for effort
>>
>>2161963
>dutchy
It was Kingdom
>>
Warsaw was in the autonomous (until the 16th century) Duchy of Mazovia.

And it wasn't even its capital/main town yet at the time.
>>
>>2165488
Meant to reply to >>2165378
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.