[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the axis use steath jets in WW2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (15KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 220x215px
Did the axis use steath jets in WW2?
>>
>>2159102

No.
>>
What do you think?
>>
>>2159102
Of course
>>
>>2159102
Partially yes they constructed very similar plane which is on the picture or Americans partially copied it
Out there is documentary where they built that German stealth jet and they tested it it was partial success radars from WW2 could detect it but it was still success keep in mind it was jet bomber it could successfully unload bombs and get back safely.
>>
no, but they were close
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229
>>
>>2159155
achieving stealth was never their aim
>>
>>2159111
But how would we know?
>>
>>2159160
Yes it was.
>>
>>2159160
From Wiki
After the war, Reimar Horten said he mixed charcoal dust in with the wood glue to absorb electromagnetic waves (radar), which he believed could shield the aircraft from detection by British early-warning ground-based radar that operated at 20 to 30 MHz (top end of the HF band), known as Chain Home.
>>
>>2159102
Even if they did it would have been shot down by the Serbs.
>>
>>2159170
>after the war
>i-it was totally intentional i swer on me mum
>we wuz stealth and shieet
Not that i'm trying to discredit them, but their flying wing designs were about reducing drag by eliminating the fusulage, not radar detection.
They even started their research years before radars became operational.
>>
>>2159209
Double this. Soviets and Americans had similar designs with such tasks. And both were the bombers (YB-35 and Kalinin K-12)
>>
>>2159151
Oh look, it's this maymay again. The idea of a flying wing had been around since before WWII and although Junkers had been obsessed with it earlier than everyone else of note (save the Irishman who pioneered the entire idea), the Soviets had flying wings on the drawing board in the 20s and Jack Northrup did as well. It was a logical step from an engineering perspective because of the virtues of a flying wing and engineers everywhere took it unaided.
>>
>>2159209
Bruh, people experimented with RAM long before the stealth revolution in the late 70s.

There was a U-2 variant called the dirty bird that used a similar coating to reduce detection distance.
>>
File: bich3-2.jpg (39KB, 700x335px) Image search: [Google]
bich3-2.jpg
39KB, 700x335px
>>2159372
>Soviets had flying wings on the drawing board
They had them flying.
>>
>>2159377
The point is that people think the Hortens invented stealth technology because the B-2 is also a flying wing, which is completely wrong.
And if the coating really was what would have made it 'stealth' then the inventor of stealth would have been the lad who came up with the charcoal coating.
If those were the Horten brothers then sure, but that has nothing to do with what they spent more than a decade of research on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.