[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jimmy Carter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MTc3MDA4MTM5[1].jpg (158KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTc3MDA4MTM5[1].jpg
158KB, 1200x1200px
I was watching at a documentary about America in the 70's until the Regan presidency, but they didn't talked a single thing about Carter.

What went so wrong?
>>
well, look where the film is coming from
>>
He actually meant what he said, it scared the intelligence community.

And he preached an end to mindless consumerism, but this was right when Americans were settling into numbing their minds even more after Vietnam and Nixon so it was not what anyone wanted to hear. He was before his time honestly.
>>
>>2159063
>tfw JC is the president we need right now but don't deserve
>>
History tends to either point at the flaws of a person or lift them up as near gods. When you "go unnoticed" I think it's fair to say you did at least a decent job.
>>
>>2159014
Carter was also sabotaged by Republicans and Reagan's team in particular to get Reagan elected. He wasn't an outstanding president and was often as timid as Obama (or seemed to be timid as both were capable of continuing global war efforts). I think his people were just bad at PR and not enough Democrats were excited about him.
>>
File: 1482532444893.jpg (61KB, 577x577px)
1482532444893.jpg
61KB, 577x577px
Basically he was ruined by the Iran hostage crisis. A significant amount of Americans were convinced he couldn't handle wartime threats.

He was and is a legit good human being, but Americans love retards who claim big things and then gut the infrastructure of social programs. See Regan, Nixon and our soon to be president.
>>
He was an outsider democrat who tried to micromanage everything and he ended up alienating himself from his party and happened to be president during a time of economic turmoil.

I just think it's funny that he was a workaholic that people decry as worthless and Reagan was notorious for napping through meetings & delegating everything to subordinates and people attribute all number of things to him good & bad.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlRVy7oZ58
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.