[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Heretical is the Episcopal Church and what church should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How Heretical is the Episcopal Church and what church should I join? I am a former Episcopalian who is considering joining a different church due to my research finding a number of heretical tenets and claims by Church officials, as well as the extremely progressive and openly political outlook of the church (I'm not /pol/ but I don't want politics and religion to mix). I probably won't be joining the Catholic Church (Idol worship) and i'm leaning to Eastern Orthodoxy as I do have some familial connections to the Orthodox Faith. I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask given the huge shitshow that religion threads become on this board but its better asking here then /pol/ or something.
>>
The Catholic Church isn't guilty of idol worship.
>>
>>2157068
It's guilty of systemic child sexual abuse
>>
>>2157081
Protestant churches are statistically worse at that. By far.
>>
>>2157091
Public school teachers are even worse than that.
>>
>>2157112
So it's a moot point.
>>
>>2157112
No one's worse than the Muslims though
>>
>>2157019
>won't be joining the Catholic Church (Idol worship)
>leaning to Eastern Orthodoxy
I don't know how to tell you this, Anon...
>>
>>2157019
How is it you reject the Catholics for idolatry yet accept the orthodox who do so to the same extent or even more
>>
>>2157019
If you want to actually devoutly uphold your denomination's tenets and no go full retard in the process, Episcopal, Lutheran, and Methodist are your main options.

This guy >>2157197 makes a good point, though. If you don't like idolatry but also don't realize it was a major reason for the Great Schism you're probably full retard already.
>>
>>2157019

What things of Episcopal Church you dislike?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.