[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too bad Julian "the apostate" died too early.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: julian-the-apostate-1-sized.jpg (27KB, 236x319px) Image search: [Google]
julian-the-apostate-1-sized.jpg
27KB, 236x319px
Before he could finish his work.
>>
>Tfw you BTFO Christianity so hard they bury your works and refuse to copy down your arguments in their "refutation" for fear of people reading them

>You will never read the full Against The Galileans
>>
>>2155121
>BTFO Christianity
I'm pretty sure Julian lost though.
>>
File: IMG_1331.jpg (87KB, 564x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1331.jpg
87KB, 564x789px
>>2155121
His works are neo-pagan tier, which is amazing in the age of actual paganism.
>>
>>2155256
Well he was raised Christian, so it's not surprising he had no understanding of paganism when he emerged out of a tradition that is its complete opposite.
>>
>>2155100
Didn't Julian add the Abrahamic God to the Roman Pantheon, thinking it was just the Jewish god and therefore would piss off the Christians? I read it somehwere but don't know where.
>>
>>2155266

> so it's not surprising he had no understanding of paganism

He was steeped in classic (read: pagan) philosophy though.
>>
File: 1483039898960.jpg (102KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483039898960.jpg
102KB, 350x350px
>>2155256
Vargposters pls go
>>
>>2157451

I know he promised to rebuild the Jewish temple. But then he died.
>>
>>2155266
>>2157457
Julian was raised a Christian but spent most of his life learning the traditional Pagan religion. It's part of why he was so beloved by his legions and the commoners in the area after he got sent west.

>>2155173
No, Julian BTFO Christianity, but he lost because he couldn't find a way to placate the Eastern Christian legions. In an attempt to show the superiority of Hellenismos (And to get enough money to bribe them to put up with his religious reforms) he decided to try and defeat Rome's traditional enemy, Persia. He ended up dying like an idiot in doing so.

His writings that are left (Which by the recorders own admission aren't the ones that couldn't be refuted, and even then are the ones that weren't destroyed by Muslims, time, or Byzantine autism) are pretty interesting though. They include arguments we see today from nationalists, Atheists, and Jews.
>>
>>2157463
i really really like this pic

can i save it?
>>
>>2158328
Such as?
>>
File: 1483047059087.png (99KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483047059087.png
99KB, 350x350px
>>2158501
Yes you may
>>
Nobody can be an apostate when it comes to Christianity. If you turn away from God, you were never among the elect and therfore never saved in the first place.
>>
File: St Athanasius the Great 1.jpg (44KB, 304x400px) Image search: [Google]
St Athanasius the Great 1.jpg
44KB, 304x400px
Athanasius outlasted him. Just another notch in his belt, really.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.