[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Battle of Rzhev so relatively unknown?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

Why is the Battle of Rzhev so relatively unknown?
>>
File: 1482582884340.png (231KB, 600x808px) Image search: [Google]
1482582884340.png
231KB, 600x808px
>>2153808
> Why is the fact I have gonorrhea so relatively unknown?
>>
File: Rzhevmeatgrinder.jpg (99KB, 732x690px) Image search: [Google]
Rzhevmeatgrinder.jpg
99KB, 732x690px
>>2153808
>Why is the Battle of Rzhev so relatively unknown?
Because it was a mismanaged total disaster for the Soviets.

Official propaganda kept it hidden.

>This part of the Second World War was poorly covered by Soviet military historiography, and what coverage exists occurred only after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, when historians gained access to relevant documents. Exact dates of particular battles, their names, outcomes, significance, and even losses have not been fully clarified and there are still many controversies about these topics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Rzhev#Controversies_about_the_battles_of_Rzhevrh
>>
File: Zhukov.jpg (187KB, 430x594px) Image search: [Google]
Zhukov.jpg
187KB, 430x594px
>>2153850
Also, the poster boy of /his/ memes was partially involved, so you know it was a bloodbath for the Soviets.

>The role of Zhukov in this infamous offensive is also a debated topic. American military history, Colonel David M. Glantz (Hoa Kỳ) claimed that G. K. Zhukov had to take the main responsibility in the tactical failure of this operation, and this is "the greatest defeat of Marshal Zhukov". In more detail, David Glantz asserted that Zhukov's command in this offensive was not careful, too ambitious, too clumsy and all these lead to a disaster.[38] However, Antony Beevor disagreed with Glantz's comment. According to Beevor, at that time Zhukov had to concentrate on Operation Uranus at Stalingrad battlefield hence he had little time to care for what was happening at Rzhev.[39]

>The Russian authors Vladimir Chernov and Galina Yaroslavovna also disagreed with Glantz. They asserted that from 26 August 1942 Zhukov did not command the Western Front, and that from 29 August he had his hand busy with the serious matters at Stalingrad.[40] It has been asserted[by whom?] that Stalin was actually the commander in charge of all the fronts at the Rzhev salient.[41] Zhukov only took part in the commanding at Rzhev during its later periods as a "firefighter" who was solving the serious problems of the battlefield at that moment.[42] Therefore, Beevor asserted the comments of Glantz about Zhukov's responsibility were not correct.[39]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Rzhev#Role_of_G._K._Zhukov_in_Operation_Mars
>>
File: Zhukovsgreatestdefeat.jpg (23KB, 294x450px) Image search: [Google]
Zhukovsgreatestdefeat.jpg
23KB, 294x450px
>>2153858
With the way /his/ loves Zhukov this should be one of our most beloved books.
>>
>>2153808
>Why is the Battle of Rzhev so relatively unknown?

It isn't.
>>
>ZHUKOV WAS A GOOD BOY
>HE DINDU NUFFIN

>Today, after reflecting the events of 1942, I see that I had many shortcomings in evaluating the situation at Vyazma. We overestimated ourselves and underestimate the enemies. The "walnut" there was much stronger that what we predicted.
>—G. K. Zhukov.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Rzhev#Weakness
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.