[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature or Humanities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (13KB, 69x73px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 69x73px
First I'm not american. My materialistic desires were always very low. I'm not some marxist and I do understand the pros of a market economic and the pros of capitalism but a thing I never get is why some people are greedy and some are always chasing money. I have a lot of friends with this spirit, commonly associated with USA and sometimes I feel like talking to aliens since I can't relate.
Do I need to care about image first in order to have motivation to accumulate capital and be able to show off my success to other people? Can you ever be a good capitalist without moderate attention seeking inclination?

In my case should I read some humanties or literature?
>>
have you ever considered that having more money is actually good, as it brings you more comfort, safety and freedom, and it's not just about showing off? Do you think people buy a house in the beach to show off? No, they legitimately like having one and it's fucking great.
>>
>>2150864
>but a thing I never get is why some people are greedy and some are always chasing money.

Define greed in this case.
>>
>>2150864
Humans chase material wealth because it makes them happy. They are hedonistic in a sense.
If you don't really want material things, their possession wouldn't do much for you.
>>
>>2150886
Chasing more than the strictly necessary to survive with limited comfort. I don't know why people are always wanting to not need to work or do what they do not want to do (like chores). Any leisure/comfort/recreation is good because it is very limited. When you get abundance of these things you end diluting the quality.

Also saw people saying on a thread about slavery that it was necessary because otherwise you need to work until you die. What is the point of living without the need of working?
>>
>>2151547
>Chasing more than the strictly necessary to survive with limited comfort.

Nothing is greedy about seeking betterment. We would all live like Black Africans if we only did the bare minimum for survival + a little comfort.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.