[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would she say about feminism today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

What would she say about feminism today?
>>
Since they're buying t-shirts to commemorate media cycles i'd say she'd be pretty pissed.
>>
File: 111slavoj2.jpg (22KB, 367x381px) Image search: [Google]
111slavoj2.jpg
22KB, 367x381px
Nothing insightful because she's a corpse.

The truth of the matter is feminism (in the first world at least) was killed and what exists now is its murderer dancing around in its corpse.

It's funy people on imageboards, reddit and so on will point to modern feminism as going "too far" for being "too radical". In reality modern feminism, ignoring the obnoxiousness of its adherents, is actually quite objectively in favor of male interests.

Look to the second wave, the one self-proclaimed "anti-feminists" will say they preferred, this consisted of women using radical analysis to analyze why women wear heels and make-up, why they have to contort their natural form to meet these largely superficial beauty standards that are purely superficial. In modern feminism, 3rd wave feminism, make-up heels and the like are tools of individual empowerment. The consumption of consumer products and conforming to society's standards of "fuckability" is hailed as a "feminist" act.

What was once a movement for the liberation of a sex is now part of the ideological apparatus to perpetuate the continued consumption of products.

In short, feminism as it exists now will continue to find new and exciting ways to be obnoxious and appear as if it's making a difference in society (air-conditioners are sexist, man-spreading is a serious issue etc) but in reality any concrete "feminist movement" is completely dead and now only exists to sell an identity and encourage the continued division between the sexes.
>>
>>2150844
That it made enormous strides but was wrong about a few things.
>>
File: 1473095554998.png (59KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
1473095554998.png
59KB, 350x290px
>>2150891
I love capitalism
>>
File: Zizek-wedding.jpg (25KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Zizek-wedding.jpg
25KB, 300x400px
>>2150891
>largely superficial beauty standards that are purely superficial
That's what I get for typing off the top of my head
>>
>>2150891
>these largely superficial beauty standards that are purely superficial
>>
>>2150891
>In modern feminism, 3rd wave feminism, make-up heels and the like are tools of individual empowerment...

Modern feminists are all over the place. You'll have some saying what was green-texted, others saying make-up etc. are tools of the "patriarchy" and they shouldn't use them, some saying women using those things are sluts trying to get male attention, and a few fatties complaining about conforming to beauty standards and they don't need make-up
>>
>>2151123
you're wrong about size acceptance, its not saying that people shouldn't conform to beauty standards its saying that beauty standards should conform to them. Which is to say that not being attracted to them is sexist.
>>
>>2150901
Tfw capitalism is unkillable because it just incorporates poisons and spits them back out in t-shirt form
>>
>>2150891
>encourage the continued division between the sexes.
there is too much division nowadays. No dialogue. maybe it will change soon
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.