[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they really sodomites? Or was it just baseless papal accusations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Catharism.png (8KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Catharism.png
8KB, 220x220px
Were they really sodomites? Or was it just baseless papal accusations?
>>
Pope were the real sodomites all along.
>>
>>2149588
>Do as I say, not as I do
>>
>>2149584
>cathars: "do not fuxk it is evil"
>pope: "that is sodomy"
Wew
>>
>>2149584
They were officially anti-sex, anti-reproduction, because they believed the apocalypse was imminent and it was foolish to make children in such circumstances. They were a bit kooky in some other ways, but no more so than normal Catholics, really. I doubt they were any more into anal sex than others at the time.
>>
>believing Christcuck propaganda
>>
they were literally good people
>>
GUD BOYZ AND GRILLZ

DINDU NUFFIN WRONG

>When Bishop Fulk of Toulouse, a key leader of the anti-Cathar persecutions, excoriated the Languedoc Knights for not pursuing the heretics more diligently, he received the reply:

>We cannot. We have been reared in their midst. We have relatives among them and we see them living lives of perfection.[23]
>we see them living lives of perfection
>living lives of perfection

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism#General_beliefs
>>
>>2149939
>cathars: "do not reproduce it is evil"
FTFY.

Gay sex is non reproductive. There were tons of ancient Gnostic sex that practiced perverse sexual acts and abortion because it defied God (or le demiurge).
>>
>>2149972
>ancient Gnostic sects*
Freudian slip.
>>
>>2149972
only the Perfecti didnĀ“t had children, the laypeople (credenti) did
>>
>>2149972
>believing Church propaganda

You do realize throwing around the accusation of sexual inmorality was so commonly used against "heretical" groups that most scholars agree such accusations are unfounded, and mere smear campaigns on part of the Church hierarchy, right?

We can't even be sure that any libertine Gnostic sects actually existed, thanks to the Church and its inability to record anything reliably, with its always resorting to ad homimens and baseless accusations and insults that.
>>
>>2149988
It suffices that Jesus himself informs us that he hated the Nicolaitans - one such heretical, sexually deviant Gnostic sect - in Revelation. We can generalize based on this that he hated all Gnostic sects.
>>
File: X1LbZeD2jN-4.png (40KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
X1LbZeD2jN-4.png
40KB, 300x250px
>>2150006
you mean John of Patmos
>>
>>2150006
Revelation was written by someone who never even met Jesus...

John of Patmos is not the same individual as John the Apostle. The reference to the Nicolaitians means nothing: firstly, we know nothing concerning what they believed. Second, the mention of the Nicolaitians merely shows us that there was a power struggle between the various emerging proto-Christian groups, with each slandering each other and vying for supremacy. Nothing divinely-inspired or supernatural.
>>
>>2150033
>>2150044
All scripture is inspired by God, but Revelation in particular was given by Jesus, hence "Revelation of Jesus Christ".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.