[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lamenting on history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: index.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
As an American citizen living today, I wish we had never rebelled against Britain. I mean, think about it, because they did rebel against Britain we became a disgusting nation with no culture.

Even the Declaration of Independence is flawed.

All on the premise that, "all men are created equal" which is false. Some men deserve to be treated better than others because of their quality. And "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is such a joke too.

Seriously, these assholes just wrote up a big piece of paper just to secede from Britain and jew them out of their empire, the fruits of their work because of silly little taxes.

Which, by the way, was lower than all of the colonies at the time during '76.

The American Revolution was wrong and I am not afraid to admit it. Why won't you admit it, my fellow Americans?
>>
File: regnault.jpg (82KB, 496x606px) Image search: [Google]
regnault.jpg
82KB, 496x606px
>>2149136
Fucking cuckservatives.
>>
Them wanting representation is a right, and I don't know why our government was too autistic to give them it. Literally could have just expanded the Westminster system to America, but that's apparently too hard.

Currently studying it as per Government and Politics & History - we didn't do jack to ease the worries of loyalists or neutrals, simultaneously providing patriots a larger platform.
>>
File: sadfrance.png (22KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrance.png
22KB, 300x250px
>>2149157
Fucking classical libshit

Btw Revolutionary France was a shithole
>>
>British "culture"
Yeah I think we're better off being boring jews.

Outside of that, them losing that war saved their ass later on since taxation without representation is unsustainable and the U.S. probably would not have rapidly expanded.
>>
>>2149226
British culture is culture, America has no culture.

And they were going to give America representation eventually those impatient colonial jews couldn't wait.
>>
>>2149233
Idk, like I dislike how their parlaiment reacted to the Iraq war. It was very emotional and inconsistent. A huge ass nation shouldn't be like that.

The united states doing "ethical" realpolitik turned out to be meta since it gives you the most monetization potential without getting invaded by a coalition, so I really doubt we'd be better off otherwise.
>>
File: RK3qLPshort.jpg (168KB, 1197x1181px) Image search: [Google]
RK3qLPshort.jpg
168KB, 1197x1181px
>>2149247
They could've been whiny bitches about it all they want, but atleast they didn't go in there, give arms to people, destabilize the whole region and then steal oil from it.

The Middle East was probably better ruled by British hegemony than American.
>>
>we became a disgusting nation with no culture
Eh, it's okay.
I feel like we'd just end up like Italy where we're so full of our past that preserving villas is more important than building modern buildings over them even though they live near a continental plate boundary.
>>
>>2149233
Your an idiot if you think we have no culture. We invented blues, rock and roll, blue grass, hip hop, mostly punk, country, soul, folk. We have the wild west, hippies, yuppies, southern culture, hollywood. Like what the fuck are you talking about. In the 60s musicians from Britain were literally stealing blues and old school rock and roll records from US and then making their own version because all they had was faggot choral and classical music. US culture is one of our main exports.
>>
>>2149233
Oh also jazz music
>>
>>2149862
>>2149865

This

The 19th and 20th century was a bounty of talent and art in this country.

'Culture' went to shit around the same time the internet popped up.
>>
>>2149862
He's a literal autistic idealist who thinks europe = white culture, and white culture = best. Disregard him.

The US as a commonwealth would have been a horrible nation and the who trajectory of the world would have shifted. OP, stop being a NEET and realize that the USA was and is objectively the best nation on earth. You just sound like a cry baby white supremacist whose opinion is fully emotional.
>>
>>2149136
Br*tain is also a disgusting pseudo-nation with no culture, you're not missing out on anything.
>>
>>2149871
Visually western culture is probably progressing at a rate that's an utter anomaly historically. It used to just be some artists making shit, now everyone is involved in the creation of visual content. The internet is probably the biggest explosion of culture created by a broad populace in history. I'm not saying its all of high quality necessarily, but cultural artifacts are created and distributed infinitely. It's hard to see it when your in the middle of it. And right now it's still in an early stage where traditions haven't really sealed and the overall quality is generally pretty garbage. But since the early 2000's it's been it's most viscous and generative era. When things start to slow down people start reflecting, things get less creative, and the artistic merit of the content starts increasing. That hasn't happened yet though.
>>
>>2149880
>USA was and is objectively the best nation on earth.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2149886
>muh diversity
>muh obesity
>muh worldwide policing gone wrong (vietnam, afghanistan)
>muh inner cities

Fuck off. For a country of this size and type to sustain a top-ten in the world quality of life (amog small homogenous european states), be able to BTFO any nation at any time, survive a horrible civil war less than 100 years into its life, influence all world politics, be known to every person on earth and overall be a fantastic place to live means it's objectively one of the most important (and best, due to its influence, wealth and qual of life) countries on earth
>>
Not sure about American Revolution, but the French Revolution was definitely a mistake
>>
t. John Winston Hanford VII of Greenwich, Connecticut
>>
File: 1480449788178.jpg (76KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480449788178.jpg
76KB, 500x400px
>>2149136
>Being this much of a redcoat
Kill yourself

>>2149940
Daily reminder that Robespierre did nothing wrong
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.