[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Drunken Disgust.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Drunken Disgust.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>When an Athiest believes in karma
Why, though? It's a supernatural belief.
>>
Atheism is rejection of a god or multiple gods. Not a rejection of the supernatural.
>>
>>2145927
so you just make out your "own" ideas of what the supernatural is and come up with a religion
>>
>>2145950
Not all supernatural beliefs are religious in nature.
>>
>>2145950
Some theists believe in the supernatural and some dont, same applies to atheists. I think some christian sects for example believe there is no supernatural, there is only miracles by god which arent supernatural, they are part of nature.
>>
>>2145899
What do you expect? They made up their own religion, it is comparable to a centrist. They can constantly change small parts to fit their ideology. One question for atheist, how do you get married, huh? Checkmate.
>>
>>2146030
>One question for atheist, how do you get married, huh? Checkmate.
What the fuck are you on about? Take this junk back to /pol/ where it belongs.
>>
>>2146005
Haven't heard of any non-supernatural christians, except those that don't believe in a literal god.

Spinoza, however is an example of a dude systemically removing all supernatural elements while believing in a God.
>>
>>2145899
You mean "karma" (not the hindu one) that western watered down meme belief that is simplified and pretty much a comfort blanket for people who have been wronged and seek comeuppance in some way??
>>
You could believe in Carl Jung's Synchronicity.
If you put out good intentions the universe will respond with such.
>>
>>2146030
You get a marriage license.
>>
>>2145899
I'm a naturalist and I dig the Jains version of karma..
It pretty much what I describe to myself as a casual shadow, and I see rebirth as nothing more than the way life recycles itself.
If you look past your own ethnocentric views you can see that the east and many more cultures are describing very real phenomenon but simply from a inaccurate context.
>>
>>2145899
What is Zen, Taoism or even some non-god(s) Buddism?
>>
>>2145927
It's still dumb though. Why go to all the trouble of busting one spook only to enslave yourself to another?
>>
>>2146177
Not everybody is looking for spooks m8. You can find ways to enrich your life with spirituality without looking for a god or a religious dogma to live by.
>>
>>2146171
Pathways to Hell.
>>
>>2146190
Fuck off, christcuck
>>
>>2145899
>>2145950

Atheism being the (non)-religion of science is a meme. There are plenty of atheists who hold non-scientific beliefs, they just reject the existence of god(s).

Being an atheist doesn't inherently mean holding science/empiricism above superstition, it means not being a theist.
>>
>>2146190
Stairway to Heaven
*guitar riff*
>>
>>2146190
Highway to Hell, dududududududud
udududddddddd
>>
>>2146190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKggnBh2Mdw
>>
>>2146190
>Waah why do those horrible atheists think christcucks are annoying
>>
>>2145952
But Karma is. It's a central part of Hinduism and Buddhism.
>>
>>2146030
>One question for atheist, how do you get married, huh?
I was planning on doing a traditional Vietnamese ceremony, which happens inside the home.
>>
>>2146171
A religion
>>
>>2146186
>You can find ways to enrich your life with spirituality

Because it's ultimately flat.
It's like the difference between a good game's lore and a bad game's lore.
>>
>>2147383
Following one religion is also ultimately flat as you are closed from complexity of the other tradictions.
>>
>>2147397
That you can easily read up on. Those other religions have years of history, scripture,input, conflict, debate and more from many men and women on their theistic and/or non theist spiritual belief.
>>
>God is stupid, it doesn't make any sense in the modern world.
>gotta check my horoscope though!
>>
>>2146030
what a gay post
>>
>>2146104
yes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.