[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

What was Xmas like in the eastern bloco contries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

What was Xmas like in the eastern bloco contries?
>>
>>2145763
I heard the Czechs keeps a fish in a bathtub and if he tells anyone what the kids are getting for Christmas they kill it.
>>
>>2145763

one of the guys my dad works with grew up in east germany. he said he and his brothers got fruit for christmas and it was considered a high end gift to.
>>
>>2145768
The Poles and Lithuanians do that too.
>>
>>2145776
Better the fucking socks
>>
>>2145787
Then*
>>
>>2145789
than*
>>
>>2145763
Less focus on the materialistic and the religious of the holidays.

But thats just a guess.

>>2145768
>tfw always wanted a carp in bath
>no one in the family had the heart to kill it
>>
>>2145763
Ironically more traditional that it is today, even though Russians tried to push out Christkind and St. Nicholas with their Ded Moroz garbage.
>>
>>2145763
People had the same traditions minus the god part and they switched the main celebration to new years. New years is still bigger in my family than christmas is.
>>
my mother said in 1960s rural dalmatia (in Yugoslavia) you were allowed to celebrate it completely unharrassed, church ceremonies and all, as long as you weren't a party member
>>
>>2145938
Ha. Deda Mraz plus Nik plus Santa now. Shits expensive but kids still prefer some small thing. Makes my heart all fuzzy and warm inside.
>>
>>2146418
Yugoslavia wasn't a member of the Eastern Bloc
>>
>>2145763
Christmas was a church celebration only.
The best celebration of the year wasn't Christmas. Neither it was the day of October revolution, nor soviet V-Day. It was the New Year's Eve. On the New Year soviet people were doing pretty much everything people do for Christmas: having a dinner with the family, giving the presents, watching the classic thematic movies (like "The irony of fate").
>>
>>2146440
Yeah well it wasn't technically part of the Warsaw pact but most people use Eastern Bloc in the colloquial "Dem Eastern European commie countries" sense these days.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.