[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:Controversial Figures of history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

>pic related
>>
>>2145186
I was on the losing side but how he is controversial? If you are not fucking Irish he is awesome.
>>
>>2145191
Or Indian, Kurdish, African, Afghan, German, Australian,
>>
>>2145194
I am German. He's Great.
>>
>>2145220
Good goy
>>
>>2145220
Bomber harris do it again amirite?

based german antifa xD
>>
>>2145234
>>2145223
>white trash acting all triggered and shit
>hating on Churchill
pathetic cucks
>>
File: India-famine-family-crop-420.jpg (66KB, 420x326px) Image search: [Google]
India-famine-family-crop-420.jpg
66KB, 420x326px
>>2145191
>>2145220
Some people might disagree with you
>>
>>2145186
BEADY
>>
>>2145186
the greatest controversy is how much he shrunk
>>
File: devalera.png (152KB, 328x397px) Image search: [Google]
devalera.png
152KB, 328x397px
Related to OP, pic related was controversial in many ways.
Personally I think he was bretty okay all things considered, but the things which made him controversial (or have made him so after his death) are:

>Sending condolences to Krauts when Hitler died
>Sucking up HEAVILY to the pope
>Literally having been an armed rebel prior to his leadership
>His neutrality

However, the final point was justified against Churchill in particular.
Churchill-who I think was a pretty fucking great guy too-was quoted to say essentially "we should just invade Ireland and make them fight" to which De-Valera gave an excellent speech, which boiled down to "if you big nations would stop being so autistic and bullying smaller nations these fucking wars wouldn't happen so much, faggot"

Questionable overall man, but a good politician for the bogniggers considering the state of affairs.
>>
>>2145385
He also made condolences to the Americans when Roosevelt died, however his condolences to the Germans were more widely broadcast as "pro-German". In actual fact it was just the leader of a country expressing condolences to another, it wasn't anything personal. It was necessary to be even handed with both sides.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.