[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 9XPxWPU.jpg (139KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
9XPxWPU.jpg
139KB, 600x742px
What went wrong?
>>
>>2135860
The continuing growth of the Bureaucracies. They required more and more literate peasant clerks in order to run their Kingdoms, and relied less and less on the loyalty of vassals. Meanwhile the increasing centralization of the medieval Kingdoms reduced the dependence on feudal fiefs for military matters. Gradually this rendered the old Nobility irrelevant, and left them with nothing at all to do but waste away their days in tournaments and other activities.
>>
>>2135860
Turns out heavy cavalry isnt the force it was in the face of pike and shot and cannons.

Oldfags just salty.
>>
>>2135877
Quality answer.
>>
>>2135860
Jews
>>
We can't really know which past he is referring to exactly. Is he referring to the older but somewhat contemporary generation like Grandpa, Old Grandpa and such ? Or is he referring to the more ancient chivalry of old (dressed anachronistically, as usual).

And he blames games and leisure-seeking for the decadence of chivalry, or is he aware of the technological and tactical change that have brought in the demise of heavy cavalry, hence the different role nobles of his time must played ?
>>
>>2135930
Oh btw : it's 04:15 here and I've took lorazépam because I can't sleep, so good luck understanding my English.
>>
>>2135930
> http://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A14757.0001.001/1:2?rgn=div1;view=fulltext
Well, you can read the full text if you are interested.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.